Brand 2014 mustang gt accident! Will it ever be the same? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Brand 2014 mustang gt accident! Will it ever be the same?

I bought my brand new mustang gt with track package 4 days before getting hit in the parking lot at work. The girl hit me going 10-15 mph. Took the car to the body shop and they claim it's just cosmetic and will be as if nothing ever happened when there done. They're using parts straight from ford ( quarter panel and door shell). I only had 300 miles on the car. Has any one had previous experience with something like this? Will my car actually drive the same?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Collission
Djourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
How did you get hit? What angle? Were you stationary?
We need more description and pictures...
Don't let this big you too much tho.
It's a chance to upgrade..
I was rear ended recently. Got a cool paint job done on my valence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2850914640.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	139211   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2029154872.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	139212  

alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It's not allowing me to post pictures, but I was going about 5mph she T boned me and hit the crease between my driver door and the quarter panel. Didn't hit the rear tire just the crease. The door wouldn't even open
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

One pic
Old 12-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	139227
Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	IMG_0617.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	139230
Old 12-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	IMG_0584.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	139231
Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	139232
Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
I would of killed her. How do yiu hit a parked car at that angle? What was her excuse? !
RIstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	accident.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	139233
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
How did you get hit? What angle? Were you stationary?
We need more description and pictures...
Don't let this big you too much tho.
It's a chance to upgrade..
I was rear ended recently. Got a cool paint job done on my valence
I was also was rear ened bad I upgraded to a gt500 .
Old 12-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was going through the parking lot ( i work at a dealership) and she wasnt paying attention and tboned me. I WAS SOOO PISSED LITERALLY HAVE 300 MILES ON THE CAR! she ran over to my car and said sorry 3,000 times and then the police came, gave no one a ticket and now im waiting for her insurrance company to claim liability. i should hear from them tomorrow. but more importantly will the car ever be the same after repairs? my body shop gave me an estimate of 3800 worth of "cosmetic" damage. they're replacing the door shell and the quarter panel.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	accident01.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	139236
Old 12-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djourdan View Post
I was going through the parking lot ( i work at a dealership) and she wasnt paying attention and tboned me. I WAS SOOO PISSED LITERALLY HAVE 300 MILES ON THE CAR! she ran over to my car and said sorry 3,000 times and then the police came, gave no one a ticket and now im waiting for her insurrance company to claim liability. i should hear from them tomorrow. but more importantly will the car ever be the same after repairs? my body shop gave me an estimate of 3800 worth of "cosmetic" damage. they're replacing the door shell and the quarter panel.
$3,800? I bet it's going be more. Well if the frame is good I don't see why not. I was rear ened and almost totaled and they fix my baby right up and see driving just fine!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I justr dont want it to perform any differently than it did the day i bought it. especially since i only had 300 miles on the car.... does ti look like there could be frame damage?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I justr dont want it to perform any differently than it did the day i bought it. especially since i only had 300 miles on the car.... does ti look like there could be frame damage?
From what I see don't look like it. But once the shop can look they will let you know.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Not only that, but now you have diminished value when you eventually sell it.

Make sure you demand diminished value compensation from HER insurance company. It will show on a car fax.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good luck with everything man. I know how you feel I had a car for a day and get hit. And my stang was only 5 months old and it took 2 months to fix.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

good. i wouldnt thinkthat a small collision like that could really change the car forever, she was only going 10-15 and didnt hit any big components of the car ( suspension, rims or axel damage) but we'll see what happens. oh and im FOR SURE going after diminished value. the question is should i take that check and build my car up some with exterior body accy plus exhaust and tune then put more money towards the loan.. or should i take the money and put it towards getting a new 2014 gt. i hate to even think about doing that cuz i just bought this one a week ago....
Old 12-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
I bought my brand new mustang gt with track package 4 days before getting hit in the parking lot at work. The girl hit me going 10-15 mph. Took the car to the body shop and they claim it's just cosmetic and will be as if nothing ever happened when there done. They're using parts straight from ford ( quarter panel and door shell). I only had 300 miles on the car. Has any one had previous experience with something like this? Will my car actually drive the same?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Collission
My V6 kissed a guard rail at about 15mph on the passenger fender. It looked great and drove fine.

Name:	image-3521826470.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	139242
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
good. i wouldnt thinkthat a small collision like that could really change the car forever, she was only going 10-15 and didnt hit any big components of the car ( suspension, rims or axel damage) but we'll see what happens. oh and im FOR SURE going after diminished value. the question is should i take that check and build my car up some with exterior body accy plus exhaust and tune then put more money towards the loan.. or should i take the money and put it towards getting a new 2014 gt. i hate to even think about doing that cuz i just bought this one a week ago....
The money they give you only going be the amount to fix the car. So I don't see how you can out it in the loan.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #22

My son and i both bought 13 mustangs the same day and not even 24 hrs he was sideswiped by 2 old ladys coming out of Walmart. He was sick about it but it was fixed and good as new. Make sure you have the insurance gives you extra money for wrecking a brand new car. He got an extra 1000 for it because it will be on the carfax when you trade it in. Keep all your records and i would let the dealer fix it so if you end up trading it in there they wont screw you on trade in. I would try and get 2k or at min. 1500. You can use it on mods.
jwc13gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

its a diminished value claim. her insurance is gonna give me the depreciation of the vehicle now that technically its been in an accident. every car with any kind of accident on the carfax is technically worth less no matter how minor the collision
Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstang View Post

The money they give you only going be the amount to fix the car. So I don't see how you can out it in the loan.
+1 they will only make you whole.

The car will drive like it did before the accident. The paint on the other hand will never last like the factory paint. The factory paint was baked on at 500*.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

wow thats crazy! same day?! did his look as bad as mine? the shop at my dealership told me itll be as if nothing ever happened and i'll never notice the difference. so you think it'll be alright then? and his didnt drive any differently afterwards?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

def sucks get what you can and upgrade her!!
Karlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man, they said it will only take 2 weeks and they're ordering parts from ford to fix it. Plus they're 3 staging the paint how it was done from the factory with clear coat. So in everyone's opinion it's not worth trading the car in over? Keep the money and mod?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Thanks man, they said it will only take 2 weeks and they're ordering parts from ford to fix it. Plus they're 3 staging the paint how it was done from the factory with clear coat. So in everyone's opinion it's not worth trading the car in over? Keep the money and mod?
Don't try to trade it, you will get ripped off by the dealer, keep it and mod.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #29

They painted the whole right side for a perfect match. The average person will never be able to notice. My family builds hotrods and i had to color sand it again to get more of what they did to look smoother but it will be fine. The only difference is most body shops use industrial clear for the drying time and it is slightly more yellow than factory clear. It is only noticed on white ,other colors dont seem to show up.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Pay extra attention to any excessive wind noise when you get the car back from the shop. That'll be a sure sign if the repair wasn't quality.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #31

Make sure and tell them to paint the whole side metallic paint is hard to blend perfect . If it doesnt look right you will notice the blend in certain light and it will bother you.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I hate to hear about the accident. Since you work at a dealership, find out how often they turned down trades because Car Fax shows a wreck on the record? If they don't turn it down, find out how much they say it decreases the value. Ask yourself how many cars you would purchase if it showed a wreck on the history. Take all of this into consideration on how much you should consider on the settlement. Write all the info and do the math and be prepared when you negotiate with the insurance.

I had a friend that this happened too. When the insurance did not want to settle, he took them to small claims court, represented himself, showed court lots of pictures of not only the car but the area where it happened and showed on paper his lost based on the research I mentioned. He won.

Black with Black Interior, Brembo Front Brakes, 19x9 Wheels, MMD Hood Strut Kit, Sound Pipe Delete, Muffler Delete...Long Mod Wish List!
FivePointO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the advice. They're giving me a lifetime warranty on the work that they do plus it's the dealer ship that I work for so I think they'll do their best. But you guys are pretty much saying the only thing I have to worry about would be the paint, not the body work? Plus my personal mechanic said he'll look It over with it on his list and make sure the repairs/welds were done correctly. They are also checking all balancing, alignment, door seals etc. is there anything I can buy to make the frame any stronger than it was before just to insure that the initial quality of the structure is still there if not better?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #34

You have not done any frame damage. There is only a subframe on the mustang. They know what they are doing. My dad and brother are very good at what they do and have fixed rollover cars and trucks and you could never tell. Most shops have done extensive repairs you will be fine. As far as the trade they will look at the cost of repair and the side and if it was done correctly may try to give you less by 1000 or 1500. But you can do the ole i will buy down the street and they will cave.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

That's good thanks man, I definitly feel better about it after talking to a few people. I don't plan on trading it In but I know how that goes lol I sell cars. I'm having my boss write me an appraisal on the car from before the accident as supposed to after the bad carfax and I'll be demanding her insurance company to pay the difference

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang