Steeda tune ordered - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #71
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Ya I was wrong, they will work with you is not a guarantee on who pays. The part that they will work with Ford to prove it wasn't the tunes fault that caused the failure is what's the most appealing to me. You could spend thou,sands on a third party testing and lawyer.
Well, I totally agree and think its great that Steeda will help negotiate on your behalf with Ford should something go wrong. For the new enthusiasts here who are looking into performance tuners, they have it down to a science and have never been safer. I can't remember the last time I heard of an engine or transmission failure because of any companies tune. Its very very very rare. Could it happen, yes but the reputable tuning companies have this down to a science because our engines are not new.

I just think people should fully understand what their getting into when going with a performance tuner and understand that should in the rare case a engine failure occur its not a guarantee that Steeda will pay and cover the costs of the repairs. Steeda is willing to speak with Ford on your behalf and work with the customer to resolve the issue which is WONDERFUL but different than paying for repairs should the tune be the cause of the failure.

Now on that note I would be very reluctant to have a tune on a new engine that Ford has made because the tolerances are not known and its a learning process. Our 3.7's and 5.0 engines are no longer new. Tune away folks.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT