Thinking about upgrading - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 130
Thinking about upgrading

So with the new 15's coming out with a new body style I don't really care for, i really want a 13 or 14 5.0.. I love my 13' 3.7 but i really want to get a 5.0 before all that's left with low miles by the time i'm finished paying on it is 2015+.. Anyways what do you guys think i could get a 2013 or 2014 basic 5.0 for with the new model coming out soon? Would it drop the prices very much? I would prefer it to have less than 20k miles on it. I have some mods on my 3.7 but i'd part it out and trade it in.
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 33
Mid-High 20's is a safe estimate. Living in Houston, that's the prices here.
Ridlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
So with the new 15's coming out with a new body style I don't really care for, i really want a 13 or 14 5.0.. I love my 13' 3.7 but i really want to get a 5.0 before all that's left with low miles by the time i'm finished paying on it is 2015+.. Anyways what do you guys think i could get a 2013 or 2014 basic 5.0 for with the new model coming out soon? Would it drop the prices very much? I would prefer it to have less than 20k miles on it. I have some mods on my 3.7 but i'd part it out and trade it in.
Right now you can find used 5.0 with about 20,000 miles for around $25K. So next spring, yeah the price will come down in price they will want to sell new Stangs over used.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jaydog74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lorain
Region: Ohio
Posts: 18
I have a 2014 gt brembro pgk 3200 miles black on black im looking to sale... 28,000$
Jaydog74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 130
Thanks for the input guys! And I'd really want to stay around $25k. Sounds like you're asking a fair price though!
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stangholio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 222
Nothing wrong with the upgrade. The 5.0 is nice. Look around. Try all the sites and you will find something you like. When you do we want pics!
__________________
GHIGitty
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
bamf70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax
Region: Virginia
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
Thanks for the input guys! And I'd really want to stay around $25k. Sounds like you're asking a fair price though!
If you can go a little higher, there's no reason you can't go order yourself a new 2014. A base GT lists at $31k. If you can get X plan at work the price would be high 20s for a base but when I ordered mine it was $44k but X plan and the rebates made the OTD price $38.7 k. Not sure what the rebate is now but in September the 14 had a $2500 rebate, but the 2013 had a $3500 rebate. Just something else you can consider. Good luck either way!
bamf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
If you want to search and are willing to wait for a deal, I found my 14 MT w/Track Pack for $27,999 after rebates. I did have to drive 370 miles to get it though.
agit8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
check out penfed.org. tell them exactly what you want any options etc and they will find the car for you and bring it to your dealer. I saved about 4k just using penfed.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
Thanks for the input guys! And I'd really want to stay around $25k. Sounds like you're asking a fair price though!
You should have no problem finding a used one for that.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Just saw this beast for 28k with only 5k miles on it. It's a 12 tho. Not a 13 or 14 like you were looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1670337239.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	139966  
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: College Station
Region: Texas
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by agit8or View Post
If you want to search and are willing to wait for a deal, I found my 14 MT w/Track Pack for $27,999 after rebates. I did have to drive 370 miles to get it though.
That's a good deal! I'm going to have to learn how to drive a standard lol..I've always wanted to learn but have never had the chance. I bet the 5.0's are fun as hell with MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
check out penfed.org. tell them exactly what you want any options etc and they will find the car for you and bring it to your dealer. I saved about 4k just using penfed.
Yeah my mom has her mini cooper financed through Penfed..They have awesome rates too. I'll have to look into that, thanks!
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
Nothing wrong with the upgrade. The 5.0 is nice. Look around. Try all the sites and you will find something you like. When you do we want pics!
What's all this "we" stuff
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Just saw this beast for 28k with only 5k miles on it. It's a 12 tho. Not a 13 or 14 like you were looking for.
Pass on this drag monster
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 83
I say wait for the 15 to see it in person. Those things have a way of growing on people. Plus by then if you still don't like the 15 you'll see pretty good prices on used 13's and 14's with everyone trading up.
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.