Wheel Hop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
I want to eliminate the wheel hop my 13 50 w track pack seems to suffer from.... I don't plan to lower the car so I'm not sure if all I need are rear lower trailing arms or do I get the uppers also ...thanks in advance
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post
I want to eliminate the wheel hop my 13 50 w track pack seems to suffer from.... I don't plan to lower the car so I'm not sure if all I need are rear lower trailing arms or do I get the uppers also ...thanks in advance
Lca's will solve your problem. There is only one upper, which will help you out even more, as all 3 of the stock control arms are all pretty weak. If you dont plan on lowering, check out the non adjustable roush uca and bracket. You will benefit the most by getting new lca's though. Check out the boxed BMRs. I love mine, and they price wont break the bank.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Lca's will solve your problem. There is only one upper, which will help you out even more, as all 3 of the stock control arms are all pretty weak. If you dont plan on lowering, check out the non adjustable roush uca and bracket. You will benefit the most by getting new lca's though. Check out the boxed BMRs. I love mine, and they price wont break the bank.
I was looking at Steeda control arms , they are billet aluminum around 300..,what do you think about those?? Should I get the adjustable uca in case I change my mind and lower the car in the future or does that not work with the stock height ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was looking at Steeda control arms , they are billet aluminum around 300..,what do you think about those?? Should I get the adjustable uca in case I change my mind and lower the car in the future or does that not work with the stock height ??
The steeda billet ones are strong, but are a little overkill for a street car, not to mention the increased NVH you will probably get from them. IMO for a street car a traditional boxed style lca is best. BMR, and metco are my two favorites. Strong boxed design, but are almost as quite as stock. And yes, if you are planning to drop the car in the future, you are better off getting an adjustable uca now. Dont forget to replace the uca mount as well. The mount is the weakest part of the whole design.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 12-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I'm going to echo what evil said. Roush or not adjustable Steeda for a 3rd link would be great for a non lowered, street driven car without much increased NVH, but it would probably save you time and money to just get an adjustable one up front. BMR, metco, UPR, Steeda are all great for both upper (3rd link) and lower (trailing arms) control arms. Just be sure you stick with polyurethane bushings to keep nvh down. Also wider tires will cut down on the wheel hop.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm going to echo what GrabberBlue5.0 said. Roush or not adjustable Steeda for a 3rd link would be great for a non lowered, street driven car without much increased NVH, but it would probably save you time and money to just get an adjustable one up front. BMR, metco, UPR, Steeda are all great for both upper (3rd link) and lower (trailing arms) control arms. Just be sure you stick with polyurethane bushings to keep nvh down. Also wider tires will cut down on the wheel hop.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just installed the SVE LCAs on my 14 MT track pack GT. It certainly helped but didn't eliminate the wheel hop. I have a friend with a 13 without the track pack and he doesn't have wheel hop. Springs and panhard bar go on tomorrow so hopefully it will all be gone.
agit8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Look up UPR... solved my problem, now I just need stickier tires.. you cant go wrong with any of the above companies listed. They are all very reputable companies and make solid parts.
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Road Trip!

So im going to save up and go with the Roush lowers and Roush 3rd link upper with mount 299 for each... Wish I would of made these my first mod
Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So im going to save up and go with the Roush lowers and Roush 3rd link upper with mount 299 for each... Wish I would of made these my first mod
The roush lcas are pretty pricey. You can get metco or bmr for a lot less. But cant go wrong with any of them.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
The roush lcas are pretty pricey. You can get metco or bmr for a lot less. But cant go wrong with any of them.
How do the rubber bushings compare to polyurethane bushings ??
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
How do the rubber bushings compare to polyurethane bushings ??
Crappy... That's what on there from factory, upgrading to poly helps from the deflection of moving suspension parts

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I would imagine the IRS from the 2015 would be a much easier suspension to upgrade?? If I didn't have so much invested in my 11 GT, I would love to do away with that heavy log back there
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I just got my springs in and gotta order my other parts. Plan on going BMR pan hard and bracket, Steeda adjustable UCA and probably some LCAs to. Haven't decided on adj ones or not.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Crappy... That's what on there from factory, upgrading to poly helps from the deflection of moving suspension parts

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I would imagine the IRS from the 2015 would be a much easier suspension to upgrade?? If I didn't have so much invested in my 11 GT, I would love to do away with that heavy log back there
Because it's new you'll pay through the nose for parts for a '15.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
I just got my springs in and gotta order my other parts. Plan on going BMR pan hard and bracket, Steeda adjustable UCA and probably some LCAs to. Haven't decided on adj ones or not.
I definitely would not recommend adjustable lcas. Unless you have a lift, or are 100% sure you can get the car completely lined up on jackstands, they are a PITA to install straight and even.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Crappy... That's what on there from factory, upgrading to poly helps from the deflection of moving suspension parts ---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ---------- I would imagine the IRS from the 2015 would be a much easier suspension to upgrade?? If I didn't have so much invested in my 11 GT, I would love to do away with that heavy log back there
I believe the roush lca come with rubber bushings so should I avoid those then ??
Old 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I believe the roush lca come with rubber bushings so should I avoid those then ??
I would if they are rubber. Not much of an upgrade. Especially for $299.

Again, the BMRs or metcos are much cheaper, and both have polyurethane bushings. Here are the exact ones I have. I love um.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-poly-0512.html
Old 12-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I definitely would not recommend adjustable lcas. Unless you have a lift, or are 100% sure you can get the car completely lined up on jackstands, they are a PITA to install straight and even.
Thanks for the input
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

If I lower the car 1.5" do I need to get the lca bracket relo?
Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
I would if they are rubber. Not much of an upgrade. Especially for $299. Again, the BMRs or metcos are much cheaper, and both have polyurethane bushings. Here are the exact ones I have. I love um. http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-poly-0512.html
Those do look nice and the price is right .... Do they add much noise to the rear axle or will the axle backs drown that out any way ???
Old 12-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those do look nice and the price is right .... Do they add much noise to the rear axle or will the axle backs drown that out any way ???
I have a little bit more nvh. But its not bad at all. Plus, i think most of it is coming from my cheap j&m panhard bar. Not to mention im lowered and have relo brackets as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
If I lower the car 1.5" do I need to get the lca bracket relo?
It's highly recommended, because as u lower it kinda lifts the axle off the ground a bit making u lose traction. A relocation bracket plants the axle, making u maintain traction rather than lose
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's highly recommended, because as u lower it kinda lifts the axle off the ground a bit making u lose traction. A relocation bracket plants the axle, making u maintain traction rather than lose
Yup. Honestly though, i would recommend them for any drop bigger than 1.25". Im lowered 1.5 and my lca angle was off BAD. im using the middle whole on my bmr brackets now, and it's perfect.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Just gonna order parts a little a long until all of them are here before I lower
Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
I have a little bit more nvh. But its not bad at all. Plus, i think most of it is coming from my cheap j&m panhard bar. Not to mention im lowered and have relo brackets as well.

So I got the BMR lca,s on the way as far as the upper I'm looking at Steeda bracket and third link for 266...not too many options for my car on the uca....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I didn't read the entire thread but if you want traction get the LCA relocate bracket as well. The UCA and bracket are the main things you need to reduce when hop but the LCA and relocate bracket will plant the tires on the ground!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
<<<< I know a place you can get Roush parts
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I didn't read the entire thread but if you want traction get the LCA relocate bracket as well. The UCA and bracket are the main things you need to reduce when hop but the LCA and relocate bracket will plant the tires on the ground!

I believe I only need the relocate bracket if I'm lowered but I'm at stock height ....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
yer right....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I believe I only need the relocate bracket if I'm lowered but I'm at stock height ....
"Need" is a relative word. If you want the most out of it then buy the solid boxed LCAs w/ the brackets. They don't flex like the stock ones allow.

On a side note, jayman33 will hook you up. He is a great guy and has better customer service than the other companies I've dealt with so far.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #31
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
You guys don't have the suspension parts I need!!!!!!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You guys don't have the suspension parts I need!!!!!!
Make it happen jayman33 lol
Old 12-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
"Need" is a relative word. If you want the most out of it then buy the solid boxed LCAs w/ the brackets. They don't flex like the stock ones allow. On a side note, jayman33 will hook you up. He is a great guy and has better customer service than the other companies I've dealt with so far.
Makes perfect sense
Old 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

How about Steeda parts ??
Old 12-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Makes perfect sense
I hope you aren't being sarcastic

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote:

How about Steeda parts ??
He has a website. Hypermotiveperformance.Com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT