2013 GT to BOSS? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Yeah except you lose power except once you spin the motor way up there and you can't safely and consistently get the power you want because the boss intake is designed for rpm levels greater than that of the GT valvetrain. So yeah you could do one dyno pull to 7500 rpm but you wouldn't wana do that often on the street to get your power
First off, if I were to purchase the Boss intake. I would not spin the motor past redline. I would have my tune shop find the max horsepower they could get out of it "safely". And guess what it would make more power than the Boss. Just because you get the Boss intake you do not need to spin 7500rpm. It is all personal preference. Myself I'm getting a tune and AEM CAI. And guess what I'll make more power than the boss.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Can't spin it past redline, PCM won't let ya
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Can't spin it past redline, PCM won't let ya
Yeah stock
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Sort of? It will... Tune and boss intake easily will gain enough power to pass the boss' 444hp those two mods will easily gain more than 24hp.
+1.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Yeah except you lose power except once you spin the motor way up there and you can't safely and consistently get the power you want because the boss intake is designed for rpm levels greater than that of the GT valvetrain. So yeah you could do one dyno pull to 7500 rpm but you wouldn't wana do that often on the street to get your power
You do loose a BIT of power in the low rpms, but I guarantee if you dynoed a stock boss motor vs. a GT with boss mani, you would get nearly identical numbers in the low end of the curve.

This manifold was designed to perform in the mid-high rpms. It doesn't matter what platform its on. Its going to perform the same way. I agree with doby on this one. Who cares about a 5-10 hp loss at 3k rpms, when you can reap the benefits of this boss mani at mid-high rpms. You're not crossing the traps at 3,000 rpms.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Boss rods are "sinter forged" which is not true drop forging. They are beefy and strong and good for high RPM and there are multiple ppl pushing over 800hp on the Boss motors. Not recommended exactly but its being done.

And all the ppl saying "but I need to do a Boss intake and X and Y and I'll have more power than a Boss!". Pretty sure the Boss owner will have the extra $$ for a good dyno tune. Or just use the TracKey. Also all the extra bells and whistles you are still going to need to buy to make your GT into a "Foss". If you want a Boss, buy a Boss.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Boss rods are "sinter forged" which is not true drop forging. They are beefy and strong and good for high RPM and there are multiple ppl pushing over 800hp on the Boss motors. Not recommended exactly but its being done.

And all the ppl saying "but I need to do a Boss intake and X and Y and I'll have more power than a Boss!". Pretty sure the Boss owner will have the extra $$ for a good dyno tune. Or just use the TracKey. Also all the extra bells and whistles you are still going to need to buy to make your GT into a "Foss". If you want a Boss, buy a Boss.
Personally if i were to buy a boss, i would keep it original. The best thing a boss has going for it over a gt, is the fact that one day it may be a collectors item. If you want to mod, then buy a GT. The track key is crap compared to a custom tune. As dobey already said, a GT with a boss mani, custom tune, and x pipe will lay down more power than a stock boss all day. If all you are going for is pure power, you could take the money you saved from buying a base GT over a boss, and make a ton more power.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 12-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Make a ton more power and the boss still has the better suspension setup to make use of the power.

Its all in the money spent as we all know and yes getting a $22k low mileage 2011 and doing the Boss intake/tune is a very cost effective way to 500hp. Just gotta get the rest of the supporting cast up to par to make use of all that power.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Make a ton more power and the boss still has the better suspension setup to make use of the power.

Its all in the money spent as we all know and yes getting a $22k low mileage 2011 and doing the Boss intake/tune is a very cost effective way to 500hp. Just gotta get the rest of the supporting cast up to par to make use of all that power.
I agree with you. But it doesn't take a low mileage 2011 at $22k to get there. I bought my brand new 2014 GT base for under $30k....Thats saves me roughly 5-10k over a USED boss. With my suspension mods, and a boss mani away from the needed list, while spending WELL under $3k for performance mods it is a no brainer. If you want to mod, and need a good platform to build off of, the GT is a great route to go. If you are looking for a beast of a factory car, with the potential to be a collectors item, the boss is the way to go. If you looking for an all out bat outta hell WITH the potential to be collectible the 13-14 Shelby is the answer. All depends on what you want, and how much you can afford to invest initially. But the simple fact is a GT with less than $3k in mods will out perform a stock boss, and still save you money over a boss pricetag. Dont get me wrong, the boss is a beast, and a great car. But IMO its something that needs to stay original in order to get your moneys worth in the future.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT