Will 315s fit on my 2013 gt? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #36
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just get some 305 nt555rs they will look alot better on there with a 35 vs a 30

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------



Oh my oh my .
Not everyone wants drag radials ***hole.
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Got ya.. What about cold weather? It's 15 right now outside.. Was -2 last night. Not counting wind chill lol. I know summer tires aren't even supposed to be ran below 40. But unless I wanted to get all seasons that kinda my only choice
I have Nitto 555 on mine. 285/30/20. Not too happy with the traction and width cuz Nitto runs narrower than normal.

Besides that they are fine. Ran it all weekend long in iced over roads. Sure it can get slick but as long as you control your power it keeps fairly straight. But it does break lose easier than an all season tire so you need to be careful with summer tires.

Also have been running the same tires under 40 degree weather for over two or three weeks now total. Definitely can feel the tire have less grip than before in colder weather but that's for all tires in general.

Best thing to do is go to a tire place. They will recommend something and if you can get them to say a 305 or 315 will fit and if it rubs they will refund or trade you another set.
DallasStang77 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I have Nitto 555 on mine. 285/30/20. Not too happy with the traction and width cuz Nitto runs narrower than normal. Besides that they are fine. Ran it all weekend long in iced over roads. Sure it can get slick but as long as you control your power it keeps fairly straight. But it does break lose easier than an all season tire so you need to be careful with summer tires. Also have been running the same tires under 40 degree weather for over two or three weeks now total. Definitely can feel the tire have less grip than before in colder weather but that's for all tires in general. Best thing to do is go to a tire place. They will recommend something and if you can get them to say a 305 or 315 will fit and if it rubs they will refund or trade you another set.
I am the tire and wheel place! I've had 555s before on my old stang and they were pretty good but that was an 04 gt basically stock. I don't know if they would handle the extra 200 hp that well. These pilot super sports though kick *** so far
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Not everyone wants drag radials ***hole.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #40
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

; )
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
bellski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 283
Regarding the point that wheel offset is the biggest determining factor as to whether 315/35-20's will fit on a 2010-14 Mustang, the 11" wide 20" Steeda Spyders I have my Nitto Invo's on are 59mm offset. I am aware that Nitto tires run narrower than some brands, but my Invo's are definitely wider than the 305/35-20 Mickey Thompson drag radials I used to have on the car...
__________________
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

; )
Slow as cars
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
After reading this thread I have learned one thing, Rapinator, you're an idiot and probably an even bigger tool!
Am I?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

The truth is this fourom is a joke. " check out my plastidip" " my car is fast with m u bama tune" and so on. I get on here for the enjoyment of watching people get upset
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
After reading this thread I have learned one thing, Rapinator, you're an idiot and probably an even bigger tool!
With all due respect, he's by no means an idiot.
He is a troll and likes to pick on newbs, but he knows his ish.
alrefire is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Am I? ---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ---------- The truth is this fourom is a joke. " check out my plastidip" " my car is fast with m u bama tune" and so on. I get on here for the enjoyment of watching people get upset
I agree with the bama comment. lol. I see it too many times.
13 stang22 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Dont take it personal I just like the having fun. All my buddy's back home we always talk **** to one another in good fun. Juat used to it
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Dont take it personal I just like the having fun. All my buddy's back home we always talk **** to one another in good fun. Juat used to it
But you make some people on here cry :/ lol
Screaming Mach is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post

But you make some people on here cry :/ lol
Im sorry
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Click image for larger version

Name:	sorry-meme-generator-oops-i-m-sorry-72129c.gif
Views:	458
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	140488
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
With all due respect, he's by no means an idiot.
He is a troll and likes to pick on newbs, but he knows his ish.
He's a troll??? I always pictured him a Goblin cuz of his technical know who's.
DallasStang77 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
He's a troll??? I always pictured him a Goblin cuz of his technical know who's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3804631619.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	140537  
alrefire is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Rapinator may come off as a dick to some of you, but he does know his sht. Honestly in a technical forum that's all that matters.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline  
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
11stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Rapinator may come off as a dick to some of you, but he does know his sht. Honestly in a technical forum that's all that matters.
for the most part
__________________
2011 5.0
Bama 93 race tune, bbk o/r xpipe, gt500 axle backs, frpp k-springs, steeda rear lca's, 3d carbon 3d500 wing, boss/cs front fascia w boss brake cooling kit, plenty more...
11stangGT is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.