MT-82 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
MT-82

Do you think the MT-82 will be a good MT for the European market? Since it was redesigned for that market. Or should Ford have put a new MT in the 15' Mustang?

It's an ok MT in America because even with the issues we don't care because it's in a Mustang. But European's will not buy it because it's a Mustang, they do not care about the history like we do. I just hope the Small changes Ford made makes it what is should be. A tranny you do not need to mod to get smooth shifts. I want the Mustang to succeed over there. I hope the MT-82 does not ruin it.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Do you think the MT-82 will be a good MT for the European market? Since it was redesigned for that market. Or should Ford have put a new MT in the 15' Mustang?

It's an ok MT in America because even with the issues we don't care because it's in a Mustang. But European's will not buy it because it's a Mustang, they do not care about the history like we do. I just hope the Small changes Ford made makes it what is should be. A tranny you do not need to mod to get smooth shifts. I want the Mustang to succeed over there. I hope the MT-82 does not ruin it.
In the ford press conference and the live Q/A
They said the trans was updated, whether that mean it's the mt-82 or a new trans we will not know until further date
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
I think they will have just updated the MT-82, I don think they are going to put in a new transmission until the drivetrain update in 2017/2018.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I think they will have just updated the MT-82, I don think they are going to put in a new transmission until the drivetrain update in 2017/2018.
****... That means I gotta wait till then to buy one? Oh wait I'm holding out for the Cobra... Or Mach I... Should be a better transmission in those
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
****... That means I gotta wait till then to buy one? Oh wait I'm holding out for the Cobra... Or Mach I... Should be a better transmission in those
Yeah, the Mach 1 is suppose to return in 2017, as well as a drivetrain update and new transmission.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Lol Europeans are very keen to American muscle type cars. Especially in Germany and Sweden. The problem is that gas prices are EXTREMELY high in Europe, which makes them a not so popular choice. With the cost of fuel, and importing fees, it is a niche market for the true car enthusiasts and rich. The wealthy over there LOVE old muscle cars, and newer models like the Z06, Shelby, Viper, etc.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Lol Europeans are very keen to American muscle type cars. Especially in Germany and Sweden. The problem is that gas prices are EXTREMELY high in Europe, which makes them a not so popular choice. With the cost of fuel, and importing fees, it is a niche market for the true car enthusiasts and rich. The wealthy over there LOVE old muscle cars, and newer models like the Z06, Shelby, Viper, etc.
Viper is not a muscle car i would go as far to say possibly neither is the Z06.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Viper is not a muscle car i would go as far to say possibly neither is the Z06.
I said muscle TYPE cars. And specifically stated "old muscle cars, and newer models like the Z06, etc." IE big displacement, high horsepower, rear wheel drive vehicles. Either way, no matter how you want to classify them, they are all still American cars.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I said muscle TYPE cars. And specifically stated "old muscle cars, and newer models like the Z06, etc." IE big displacement, high horsepower, rear wheel drive vehicles. Either way, no matter how you want to classify them, they are all still American cars.
It is either muscle or not...there is no in between!

If that is the case then the new M3 or any high horsepower car with 8+ cylinders could be a muscle "type" car![COLOR="Silver"]
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Seriously when someone says i'm going to buy a muscle car. I'm buying a Viper. OK!!!

Wait... I'm buying a muscle type car. I'm buying a Viper. MUSCLE TYPE cant beat it!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

It is either muscle or not...there is no in between!

If that is the case then the new M3 or any high horsepower car with 8+ cylinders could be a muscle "type" car!
Again, I CLEARLY stated "old muscle cars, AND new models like the Z06" Nowhere did i refer to the z06, or Viper as a muscle car. You are obviously just looking for an argument.
Btw, mr i know it all. I said high displacement. I would not classify a 244 ci v8 as high displacement.

You were wrong about American cars in Europe, and now you're trying to turn it into an argument about what "type" of car? Lol who the hell cares. They are all made in America!
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Vipers, Z06, ZR1, Super Snake etc. I could see them being called extreme muscle.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Vipers, Z06, ZR1, Super Snake etc. I could see them being called extreme muscle.
We can call them whatever you want bud.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Again, I CLEARLY stated "old muscle cars, AND new models like the Z06" Nowhere did i refer to the z06, or Viper as a muscle car. You are obviously just looking for an argument.
Btw, mr i know it all. I said high displacement. I would not classify a 244 ci v8 as high displacement.

You were wrong about American cars in Europe, and now you're trying to turn it into an argument about what "type" of car? Lol who the hell cares. They are all made in America!
No... I'm trying to be funny and joke about it. But to many people in here wear there emotions on there sleeves.

And take stuff "WAY" to serious. BUD!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

No... I'm trying to be funny and joke about it. But to many people in here wear there emotions on there sleeves.
Keep in mind its the internet. Hard to get a sense of tone, or body language from reading a post on a forum. With nothing to base interpretation off of besides the writers sarcasm and punctuality.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Keep in mind its the internet. Hard to get a sense of tone, or body language from reading a post on a forum. With nothing to base interpretation off of besides punctuality.
Like I said. TO MANY PEOPLE wear the emotions on their sleeves and take this way to serious. You said it, it's the internet.

Damn just look at my avatar once. It's a freaking Magui playing pole position!!! LOL
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Let's stay on topic folks.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Prescott
Region: Arizona
Posts: 274
The trans is fine, it's the remote mounted shifter that ruins a really nice car. I don't see any fix possible with this design. They would have already done it. Tremec has the solution for the V6.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
The trans is fine, it's the remote mounted shifter that ruins a really nice car. I don't see any fix possible with this design. They would have already done it. Tremec has the solution for the V6.
There are issue with syncro's going out too.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
The trans is fine, it's the remote mounted shifter that ruins a really nice car. I don't see any fix possible with this design. They would have already done it. Tremec has the solution for the V6.
The MGW really improves shifting. I don't get locked out of gear like I used to with the stock shifter.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

The MGW really improves shifting. I don't get locked out of gear like I used to with the stock shifter.
+1. The problem with this trans is the quality control. The trans itself is not the problem, but the components are what suffer. IE the shifter bracket. With my barton shifter and 2-post i have 0 issues with mine. I'd imagine the MGW would make it even better.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
With MGW and Redline MTL, my trans feels bulletproof, never had any issues. When cold I always glide slowly in gear. I think ppl just don't know how to work these and ruin them. I jump into any other manual, then get into mine and honestly I think this trans feels awesome. So smooth and responsive when all warmed up
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
My 14 GT with the MT-82 hasn't given me any issues yet. Granted it has less then 3K miles, but from the start the shift feel was pretty bad. The Steeda shifter and bracket/bushing really helped, and a new shift knob made a considerable difference in feel. I've owned a bunch of Mustangs and other sports cars. Comparing it to any of the manual transmission cars I've own, I like it better than any of the T-5's, T-45, TR-3550, TKO Mustangs I've owned and better than the T-56 in my 06 GTO (Even after the $600 billet shifter).
agit8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
86custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 221
I'm knocking around 50k miles on mine. All I've done was switch to royal purple fluids. Immediately felt a difference, not a big difference but noticeable. When cold always shift slow to reduce the notchyness.
__________________
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missouri Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 265
At 3k, I've changed mine back to 75W-90. It takes longer to warm up and shift smoothly, but once it gets to normal operating temp, the shifts are smoother than the shifts were with QDC fluid. Still no lockouts or missed shifts after I installed the Barton 2-post bracket and the Whiteline tranny mount insert.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.