Torn between a dyno tune or AED - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Oh and get back to bed with ur butt buddy
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
dallasstang:
As I stated in my posts.. Only a DR (275/45/18) 28" tire, no skinny's no slicks, No race gas tune, no Different super secret tune.. it is a M6 factory 3.73 and I will post again car was full weight no weight reductions at all premium with every option except glass roof.. ( heated seats, power driver and pass seat, full tank of fuel) 20" wheels and tires up front. suspension was not adjusted at the track nor was tire psi after the hour drive (22psi) normally run 16-18 depending on how well the track is prepped and hooking! but a full break down of suspension is 2010 model year mustang sportlines (no weight transfer and not optimal for drag racing) and steeda dampers front and rear, stock sway bars front and rear on the car. Launching 5000-5500 rpm, and shifting around 7200-7400
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
dallasstang:
As I stated in my posts.. Only a DR (275/45/18) 28" tire, no skinny's no slicks, No race gas tune, no Different super secret tune.. it is a M6 factory 3.73 and I will post again car was full weight no weight reductions at all premium with every option except glass roof.. ( heated seats, power driver and pass seat, full tank of fuel) 20" wheels and tires up front. suspension was not adjusted at the track nor was tire psi after the hour drive (22psi) normally run 16-18 depending on how well the track is prepped and hooking! but a full break down of suspension is 2010 model year mustang sportlines (no weight transfer and not optimal for drag racing) and steeda dampers front and rear, stock sway bars front and rear on the car. Launching 5000-5500 rpm, and shifting around 7200-7400
Awesome. I hear that DRs are rougher because there's no sidewall give on launch. Do you have the stocks trans or did you swap that out?

I'm cured of the mod bug so I'm not doing anything more to my stang. I'm no spring chicken anymore and don't wanna mess with any problems.

I run Nitto 555 285s and they hook for shiit. Got Tokico dampers, LCA and reloc bracket. UCA is still stock. Most of the wheel hop is gone.

As of now the best 0-60 run is 4.1 can't hook up. 3.31 gears I can't get the throttle right to launch it harder. Best quarter time tho is 12.4 on the street. There's an empty road that leads to an empty field. Not the best surface.

Closest track is too damn far to get my lazy butt to go.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Clarify. DRs I hear are rougher on the drive train than slicks. Have you noticed such? Have you run slicks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Awesome. I hear that DRs are rougher because there's no sidewall give on launch. Do you have the stocks trans or did you swap that out?

I'm cured of the mod bug so I'm not doing anything more to my stang. I'm no spring chicken anymore and don't wanna mess with any problems.

I run Nitto 555 285s and they hook for shiit. Got Tokico dampers, LCA and reloc bracket. UCA is still stock. Most of the wheel hop is gone.

As of now the best 0-60 run is 4.1 can't hook up. 3.31 gears I can't get the throttle right to launch it harder. Best quarter time tho is 12.4 on the street. There's an empty road that leads to an empty field. Not the best surface.

Closest track is too damn far to get my lazy butt to go.
stock trans.. wines like a mofo but no missed shifts or grinds.. And I have lower control arms and relo brackets still to go on.. the car does have a steeda adj UCA. and that has stopped all wheel hop I had when on street tires .
the dr I use have a tall side wall 45 series so it has a good bit of deflection. car has never had anywheel hope on the DR with the UCA
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

s1975OH - We have almost identical mods (we are running 90mm TB tho) and MPT did three tunes for us. Running a 93 race tune and it is absolutely awesome. MPT did an awesome job and we haven't even felt the need to data log it. It has run flawlessly since the tune and comparing to the other tune we ran, well no comparison. I could give a rats *** if they are "known" for the V6, the tune we got I can not say enough about.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Hmm I used that calculator just now and with 455 horse it said 11.39 at 117. Seems right to me. Assuming our cars are 3400 pounds but I may be wrong there, I was just thinking I heard they weighed that.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
Hmm I used that calculator just now and with 455 horse it said 11.39 at 117. Seems right to me. Assuming our cars are 3400 pounds but I may be wrong there, I was just thinking I heard they weighed that.
3650 with no driver
Old 12-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Thanks dallas, I should have looked that up already but I just got the car the other day and just haven't thought about it yet.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
Thanks dallas, I should have looked that up already but I just got the car the other day and just haven't thought about it yet.
No prob. I honestly try my absolutely best to not disseminate wrong info. Do I do that sometimes without knowing better. Sure.

I respect with the absolute certainty people who reply with facts and unemotion (not a word it I'll use it anyway) a reply.

It's all good. When u cool u will ALWAYS be cool in my books.

Thanks for participating in the forum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT