Exhaust intake and tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

Exhaust intake and tune

I have a 2014 5.0 and I'm pretty set on the bassani exhaust probably just cat back (opinion appreciated) not set on tune intake or brands yet. This is just my weekend car. Input on brands or other upgrades and why appreciated thank you
dieseldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have kooks long tube headers, high flow catted x-pipe and MBRP catback. I can only speak to their sound on my 13, and it's great! Intake is a JLT, and the sound/look are there for me on that as well. You should also consider LCAs for the rear, BMR was my choice.

Thanks to Jason at www.hypermotiveperformance.com for the great deals!
smbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Factory air box is good enough. So unless your doing the cold air intake for sound or looks. It isn't worth it. Catback is another thing that proves no gains. But the sound is well worth the price. And tune is all a big choice too. You can go for a safe one that you will feel the difference in or you can go with a more aggressive tuning company that will rock your socks.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #4

Kooks was my 2nd choice on exhaust also thought about headers too! I liked the deep tone in the bassani I definitely want gains on performance keep the options coming
dieseldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
Kooks was my 2nd choice on exhaust also thought about headers too! I liked the deep tone in the bassani I definitely want gains on performance keep the options coming
Have heard that off-road x or h pipes (cat deletes) produce almost the same hp as headers and the x pipe and h pipe are a lot easier/cheaper to install. With that being said. But to be honest your car is already to powerful for your suspension/tires. That being said. You need a good platform for your car. Like stated above. Lca's and Uca's help with wheel spin and wheel hop. I also like bmr for price and performance. There is always better. But unless your drag racing and running some great power. Bmr will be more than enough.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Get your tuner and 3 tunes from MPT. Same price as the others for the 3 tunes and tuner, but the quality of the tune is better than the previous two tunes we had from other companies hands down. John Lund does some of their top tier tunes, so I am sure their email tunes have his fingerprints all over them. We couldn't be more impressed with their work.
SCT Tuners Programmers Chips

JLT is a great CAI. Clean look, great sound and performance. Bassani is a solid choice for an axle back. That is the same muffler as the Magnaflow competition cat back muffler with different tip to fit the stock pipes. We had them on our GT prior to going quad and really liked the sound. We still have those with adapter tips if you want to save some coin on your exhaust.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the Bassani cat-back right now. I also cut out the resonators and replaced them with 3" straight pipe. Sounds vicious....Its going to sound even more insane on Tuesday when my Bassani Longtubes and HiFlos go on!

You'll like the catback. At idle its got a nice tone. Its not loud or annoying...except on cold starts maybe. But after a few seconds it'll mellow out. Sets you apart from all those guys with the gt500s, or borla, or Roush... I personally like the sound of Bassani better than those. The addition of the X-pipe (catback instead of just axleback) will tweak the tone a tad, but not the volume. You only really notice it when you rip it on the freeway. Sounds more like a racecar. A touch more drone in the cabin at certain speeds, but nothing some rock n' roll on the stereo cant fix...HP gains? eh'..i don't really think so. I don't feel it anyway. But once my LTs go on, it'll all compliment eachother very well and I expect big #'s!

Only downside is that Bassani is a lil' pricier than the other guys....But, you get what you pay for in my opinion. And not a whole lot of guys run em'. Good luck!
CHIZ_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Kooks hands down is my favorite as far as quality and tone, Borla is nice too but the quality can be somewhat hit or miss I've seen. I run Kooks headers all they way to kooks cat back and everytime I install a set I'm impressed. Stainless works as well is a fantastic company, American made and sounds exotic. For tunes Lund is very good, I sell VMP tunes and have been very happy with what he brings to the table. Makes some of the fastest stock block cars around. His VMP TVS blow 12 Boss just laid down 837RWHP on stock internals... pretty dang impressive on that 2.3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust