2011 Mustang Problem - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post

Definitely. I usually go, but have been busy the past couple months. I'll definitely be there next time.
I went in Aug I believe it was, right after I got the boss. I met up with a few members from up there, NicholasP, 99ford, nhcowboy, and GT500B. It was fun
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
What all came with the aftermarket clutch? Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing?

I've dealt with a similar noise in my Nissan. I would have bet money it was my throw out bearing. After changing the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing, I was devastated to hear the sound when I first fired it up after the install. The problem was internal. I swapped transmissions and it's been fine ever since.

If you qualify and want the dealer to warranty the transmission, you're gonna have to sign off on the clutch and they'll see once they've swapped it and it's still making the noise, that they've made a mistake and hopefully make it right.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #38
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
2011 Mustang Problem

Quote:
I'm in Alpharetta, GA. Just north of Atlanta.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I'm going to go back to the installer to see if they can put the other clutch back in. Then I can take it back to ford again. Then we will see what kind of story they make up.
What dealer are you using? if you don't want to say here PM me but its perfectly fine to say it on here.
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #39
Staff
Blogger
Staff

2011 Mustang Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
There was a few more than 500 total built in '12. It was the lowest color built. Hers is probably close to your number if not less

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

BTW me and Whipple are most likely coming to the next caffeine and octane up there if you wanna meetup. The chick in the other blaze 5.0 might come as well :p
Whaa chick in a blaze 5.0? you better come!! Yes that's a threat and I'll be there!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
What all came with the aftermarket clutch? Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing? I've dealt with a similar noise in my Nissan. I would have bet money it was my throw out bearing. After changing the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing, I was devastated to hear the sound when I first fired it up after the install. The problem was internal. I swapped transmissions and it's been fine ever since. If you qualify and want the dealer to warranty the transmission, you're gonna have to sign off on the clutch and they'll see once they've swapped it and it's still making the noise, that they've made a mistake and hopefully make it right.
The clutch included a pilot bearing but no throw out bearing. That might be a possibility. I'm gonna go to ford tomorrow and tell them if they are certain it is the clutch, I will have the installer put the other one back in, and if the sound persist, Ford will pay for that labor because they misdiagnosed the problem and didn't take the time to trouble shoot.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
What dealer are you using? if you don't want to say here PM me but its perfectly fine to say it on here.
The Cherokee Ford Lincoln dealer off of Mansel road. Exit 7 off of 400.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
The clutch included a pilot bearing but no throw out bearing. That might be a possibility. I'm gonna go to ford tomorrow and tell them if they are certain it is the clutch, I will have the installer put the other one back in, and if the sound persist, Ford will pay for that labor because they misdiagnosed the problem and didn't take the time to trouble shoot.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

The Cherokee Ford Lincoln dealer off of Mansel road. Exit 7 off of 400.
Exit 8 haha 7 is Holcomb Bridge Ahh yes I know them they're good people, but sometimes I'm not just not sure. When it comes to Mustangs I like Sandy Springs Ford they are like Mustang HQ they sell the most and service the most! They get everything from NewEdge v6's to brand new Shelby's.

I would take it into Sandy Springs they are really good with mustangs
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Exit 8 haha 7 is Holcomb Bridge Ahh yes I know them they're good people, but sometimes I'm not just not sure. When it comes to Mustangs I like Sandy Springs Ford they are like Mustang HQ they sell the most and service the most! They get everything from NewEdge v6's to brand new Shelby's. I would take it into Sandy Springs they are really good with mustangs
Yep exit 8. I wasn't thinking right. I'll see what happens today and maybe try sandy springs if it doesn't work out.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep exit 8. I wasn't thinking right. I'll see what happens today and maybe try sandy springs if it doesn't work out.
Yea I've heard great things about sandy springs and I'm all the way down here. I'm pretty sure they so the most mustangs on this side of the country :p
Old 12-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Weeks after I bought my 5.0 I found Sandy Springs online and never saw so many mustangs with a ton of options from any other dealer in Florida or GA I could find. I kinda wish I'd seen it earlier because then I'd have a glass roof, and Recaros, and nav.

From the amount of volume I see them go through I bet they have a good shop, would be fun to fly up and drive back down in a new '15 after visiting MGW.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Weeks after I bought my 5.0 I found Sandy Springs online and never saw so many mustangs with a ton of options from any other dealer in Florida or GA I could find. I kinda wish I'd seen it earlier because then I'd have a glass roof, and Recaros, and nav.

From the amount of volume I see them go through I bet they have a good shop, would be fun to fly up and drive back down in a new '15 after visiting MGW.
MGW is a ways away from sandy springs lol, like a couple hours away

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 mustang