2012 Roush super charger upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
2012 Roush super charger upgrade

I have an automatic 2012 ford mustang 5.0 with the standard 575 hp Roush supercharger. I want to know if it would be better for the track for the quickest ETs to upgrade the kit to either the 650 hp kit or tuner kit or would it be better to upgrade to a torque converter. The car is a daily driver in the summer and is currently in the garage.
Thank you.
Sprintradc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintradc View Post
I have an automatic 2012 ford mustang 5.0 with the standard 575 hp Roush supercharger. I want to know if it would be better for the track for the quickest ETs to upgrade the kit to either the 650 hp kit or tuner kit or would it be better to upgrade to a torque converter. The car is a daily driver in the summer and is currently in the garage.
Thank you.
You'd find way more benefit in putting the power you already have to the ground. What do you have done suspension wise? You'd be surprised how fast that 575hp kit will go when you tailor the rest of the car to it.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
You'd find way more benefit in putting the power you already have to the ground. What do you have done suspension wise? You'd be surprised how fast that 575hp kit will go when you tailor the rest of the car to it.

What this guy said. I didn't do anything suspension wise and i always have problems hooking up. I drove my buddies same supercharged mustang with full suspension work and I thought he had a pulley swap and something else done. It was night and day in the cars ability to hook and go! I ordered all my suspension parts yesterday.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have lower control arms and strange adjustable rear shocks. I couldn't make it to the track due to the weather always be bad when they were open. What else do you suggest.
Sprintradc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

What this guy said. I didn't do anything suspension wise and i always have problems hooking up. I drove my buddies same supercharged mustang with full suspension work and I thought he had a pulley swap and something else done. It was night and day in the cars ability to hook and go! I ordered all my suspension parts yesterday.
Please don't get rid of your car ever! I know you wanted a roush raptor or whatever but your car makes me envy you lol.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have lower control arms and strange adjustable rear shocks. I couldn't make it to the track due to the weather always be bad when they were open. What else do you suggest.
Well, you could add ALOT more to that. You have started off well with those mods, but if better ETs and street driving are your preference then you need to stick to mild modifications.

Things like weight reduction, drop springs, and a stall converter are perfect for that. I'd recommend lightening up your drivetrain with an aluminum driveshaft or some lightweight parts of your choice.

A torque converter could yield instant results at the track and lower your 60ft dramatically, but not if your suspension and tires can't handle the task. I'd recommend adding an Upper control arm and mount to your mod list just for starters.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
LCA relocate brackets, UCA, UCA bracket, lowering springs, adj panhard, aluminum DS, & a set of sticky tires :p

^ that's a good start

BTW watch a few of these vids...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-want-see.html
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Please don't get rid of your car ever! I know you wanted a roush raptor or whatever but your car makes me envy you lol.

Ya I almost did, I couldn't do it. Lol
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Are you by chance running the Roush tune? If you are I would consider getting a better one. The Roush tune turns off the knock sensors. Not good.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT