Borla XR-1 long tube headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Borla XR-1 long tube headers

Will the borla XR-1 long tube headers fit with the borla S-type cat back exhaust? On American muscle the specs say you need the atak cat-back.... Also does anyone have these headers and how do you like them?
PISTONS8904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm not a big fan of them, I'm sure you can get them to fit as well though. We've sold a few sets of these and haven't had any complaints.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Get kooks or American racing. I haven't heard anything negative about either. I'm running 1 7/8" American racing headers and the guy who did the install said the fitment was spot on. You won't regret either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I'm not a big fan of them, I'm sure you can get them to fit as well though. We've sold a few sets of these and haven't had any complaints.
What have you had personal exp. with Jason? I'm sure a couple types so whatcha recommending. I know Kooks and AR are a well established companies with good reputation and both are good stuff, but out of everything out there for a 12GT whatcha feel? Also which ones can you do the best pricing with.
Thinking of doing LT's sometime between Jan. and May.

OP....sorry for the thread jack
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS8904 View Post
Will the borla XR-1 long tube headers fit with the borla S-type cat back exhaust? On American muscle the specs say you need the atak cat-back.... Also does anyone have these headers and how do you like them?
I can tell you this. I wanted Borlas because I wanted a full borla exhaust but in some cars people have had to clearance them and the the two rear most bolts on the driver side take an act of every god of Olympus to start. I ended up getting kooks and they are amazing. My car made 428rwhp with kooks headers and mid pipe with Roush axle backs and a AEM drop in air filter with a tune lol.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
Get kooks or American racing. I haven't heard anything negative about either. I'm running 1 7/8" American racing headers and the guy who did the install said the fitment was spot on. You won't regret either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
American racing headers is what I was looking into getting. The ones i found come with hi flo cats and an x pipe. Have to keep the cats for my state =/
Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I've installed around 5 Kooks header systems, 10+ Stainless works/ power headers, a couple sets of MBRP, Pypes and Borla (1 set actually).

Pypes fit pretty well but the overall quality was concerning to me..... anytime you have to mess with the welds inside bothers me. There is a reason Kooks/ stainless Works and American Racing headers are more..... because you don't have to do anything with them and if something is messed up a simple call is all it takes. The cheap companies have some pretty terrible customer service.
I currently run the full Kooks exhaust in our boss (1 7/8 LT's/ O/R H pipe/ Cat back) our other car runs a full Stainless works exhaust and the other is MBRP.

I love my kooks system, fitment and quality is amazing and it sounds perfect to me. Plus we're running sales on our Kooks, MBRP, Stainless works/ power exhausts
Old 12-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS8904 View Post
Borla makes a really good quality exhaust component. Like these guys said, Kooks and American Racing are definitely the most popular headers out there but that doesn't mean there is something wrong with the Borla XR-1 Headers. We haven't had any returns or complaints with these headers!

I think you'll be fine bolting it up to the Borla S-Type Catback. I think it just needs to bolt up to a Catback and the manufacturer recommends the Atak! Just to clarify on that, you could give Borla a quick call and check. They have great customer service!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I've installed around 5 Kooks header systems, 10+ Stainless works/ power headers, a couple sets of MBRP, Pypes and Borla (1 set actually).

Pypes fit pretty well but the overall quality was concerning to me..... anytime you have to mess with the welds inside bothers me. There is a reason Kooks/ stainless Works and American Racing headers are more..... because you don't have to do anything with them and if something is messed up a simple call is all it takes. The cheap companies have some pretty terrible customer service.
I currently run the full Kooks exhaust in our boss (1 7/8 LT's/ O/R H pipe/ Cat back) our other car runs a full Stainless works exhaust and the other is MBRP.

I love my kooks system, fitment and quality is amazing and it sounds perfect to me. Plus we're running sales on our Kooks, MBRP, Stainless works/ power exhausts

My father has full Kooks exhaust on his 05GT love the sound. You said your running a sale? Is there a website that you have? Thanks.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I thought about doing different heads with the car back system I got but I like to go with one name like say if I did suspension I would t get Eibach spring and something else for struts. I want to try and go borla full exhaust and keep it all the same name.
PISTONS8904 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT