Such thing as a factory ringer ? 2014 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Such thing as a factory ringer ? 2014 GT

I was all set to put an Airaid intake and do a Bama tune but want to run this past.
My stock 2014 automatic is really fast. I've beaten two stick 2013
SS Camaros and one automatic 2014 SS automatic.
Is there such thing as a factory ringer as one person suggested to me ?
I'm wondering if the Bama tune might somehow not be worth it. Any thoughts ?
Thanks.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
When you turn your key forward one click........Do you hear it?

You may have a factory ringer if you hear it.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope
I was all set to put an Airaid intake and do a Bama tune but want to run this past.
Thanks.
The camaro's are just that slow.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Bama tune isn't worth it. Now a VMP tune.............
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Yeah, I have been a Camaro man all my life and test drove the new one and was very disappointed. It was a 6 speed and when I test drove my mustang with the 6 speed, it felt like it was supposed to. The new ss I a fat lazy pig compared to the coyote.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Any mass produced object will have some for whom the tolerances stack up a little bit more positively than others. However, beating an SS Camaro isn't any sign Smokey Yunick came back from the grave and tuned your car. Lots of regular folks have done that; frankly I've seen lots at the strip and they are ok but, the Mustangs there generally have the edge, stock or close to it.

These cars really wake up with a few carefully selected mods though....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Any mass produced object will have some for whom the tolerances stack up a little bit more positively than others. However, beating an SS Camaro isn't any sign Smokey Yunick came back from the grave and tuned your car. Lots of regular folks have done that; frankly I've seen lots at the strip and they are ok but, the Mustangs there generally have the edge, stock or close to it.

These cars really wake up with a few carefully selected mods though....

+1, even a few basic mods really make the new stangs jump. If you want even better performance, and don't care about some of the warranty, go with drag springs, or lowering springs, a swarr bar, and a tune. That will get power to the ground much better, and the tune will give you more HP and torque.

I think we all know the Camaro's are fat slow cars. There's a reason they are nicknamed Slowmaros.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
Thanks.
The new Mustang is definitely much faster than the Camaros. The Camaro is extremely heavy and doesn't have enough power to back it up! I'm not surprised that you've whooped up on a couple of them. A few Chevy's have seen my taillights at the track as well!

If you think your Mustang is fast now, wait until you tune it! You'll pick up 30+ RWHP and 25+ RWHP TQ from a CAI and Tuner Combo. It's absolutely worth it!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. I'd be happy to help!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I picked up 27 horses through the stock cai on a canned tune, hehe.....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Bama tune isn't worth it. Now a VMP tune.............
I'm sorry you feel this way! Have you had a negative experience with us that is causing you steer people away from us? If so, please shoot me a PM with your experience and order number and I'll gladly get you straightened out.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I picked up 27 horses through the stock cai on a canned tune, hehe.....
But did it ask you 19 questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
I'm sorry you feel this way! Have you had a negative experience with us that is causing you steer people away from us? If so, please shoot me a PM with your experience and order number and I'll gladly get you straightened out.

-Dan
I have no order number because I will never use any of your tunes. I'm actually doing my own tuning at this time. My experience is helping a few people data log your tunes and I do not like what I see. I won't go into it more simply because you're a paying vendor and I respect that.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I have no order number because I will never use any of your tunes. I'm actually doing my own tuning at this time. My experience is helping a few people data log your tunes and I do not like what I see. I won't go into it more simply because you're a paying vendor and I respect that.

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1388440494.433015.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  43.6 KB
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Grabber, did you get beat by one of those Camaros? Sounds a lot like Sour Grapes.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Geez, don't be a *****. I appreciate anyone taking on the Copperhead solo. This is no EEC IV or Hondata here, that's for sure. I've done my share of self tuning but I am pretty happy to leave this one to others, in my dotage.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Grabber, did you get beat by one of those Camaros? Sounds a lot like Sour Grapes.
Yea that's it V6 boy.
Quote:
Geez, don't be a *****. I appreciate anyone taking on the Copperhead solo. This is no EEC IV or Hondata here, that's for sure. I've done my share of self tuning but I am pretty happy to leave this one to others, in my dotage.
He asked, I answered.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
SS looks like it is less than 300 lbs heavier, but it does depend on different models exactly- and power for them ranges from 6 more than the GT to 10 less, but varies. The SS has better stock gearing, which would make me think it should be a close race.

Good job winning

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Don't get me wrong...it mtang sounding the ***** here grabber. I wish you well ripping into the Copperhead yourself.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Such thing as a factory ringer ? 2014 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

-Dan

Dan sorry your company got negativity. It should have been sent in a PM. I think it is crap that guys on here bash and tell others in the public forum to avoid Bama, AM or any other company. It is wrong and that is why each account has PM. That's where post like that should go.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote:
My experience is helping a few people data log your tunes and I do not like what I see. I won't go into it more simply because you're a paying vendor and I respect that.

If you respect it then why mention anything about the tunes. PM Dan... Looks like to me you are trying to get business by bashing Bama! That's what I get out of your post's.

Dan even asked you to PM him. Why did you take it public?

That's messed up dude.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
If you respect it then why mention anything about the tunes. PM Dan... Looks like to me you are trying to get business by bashing Bama! That's what I get out of your post's.

Dan even asked you to PM him. Why did you take it public?

That's messed up dude.
It is an open public forum where experiences are shared, good or bad. What business am I trying to get? I'm not even in the business.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Doby is an AM fanboy, I like them, and AM is where I will get most of my mods from, if not all. But c'mon man. He takes it as a personal jab. Bottom line, everyone has their own opinions.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
It is an open public forum where experiences are shared, good or bad. What business am I trying to get? I'm not even in the business.

I understand that, but why reply to the forum when someone ask you to PM them and discuss the problem? That is my point. That is showing disrespect and not the respect you say you have for them.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Doby is an AM fanboy, I like them, and AM is where I will get most of my mods from, if not all. But c'mon man. He takes it as a personal jab. Bottom line, everyone has their own opinions.

Not a fanboy just like them as you do. I would have defended Steeda, BBK etc. if someone's ask me to PM them I have the respect to do so and not reply to the forum.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I understand that, but why reply to the forum when someone ask you to PM them and discuss the problem? That is my point. That is showing disrespect and not the respect you say you have for them.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Not a fanboy just like them as you do. I would have defended Steeda, BBK etc. if someone's ask me to PM them I have the respect to do so and not reply to the forum.

Truth, if someone asks to take to PM's, do it.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I am not arguing either way, but there is some truth to be learned from public posts. It really goes both ways.

PMing a problem is great. It is a chance to rectify a wrong doing, or help resolve a tricky situation.

But, it's also a great way to avoid negative publicity. It's a great way to sweep something under the rug that may hurt business.

They ARE a business after all. They are a paying sponsor after all. I imagine at least 30% of their business is driven from ME. It's only fair to express it.

Personally, I love AM. Great service all around, decent shipping prices, FAST shipping. Can't say customer service is good or bad because I never had an issue to call about. Even with this review, WHEN I tune it will be BAMA through AM- but people should feel comfortable expressing what really happened- just because it is unfavorable doesn't mean it should be hidden or dismissed. From what I read it didn't seem plain rude or just inciting a riot- it's a point of view from their experience.

Imagine if AM sucked- and they deleted all the bad comments or were discredited by the fans. People would be tricked into a bad experience.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT