BAMA Tune - Too Much SPARK? Worried. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #36
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Guys,

I wasn't going to air things out but since this is going a little deeper I'd like to clear things up.

I know exactly what customer you're speaking about and I dug a little deeper internally to get all of the details. There hasn't been many claims submitted so it's very easy to find out which ones we've declined and there has only been one. The customer's car was tuned here in house by Mike Wilson on our Dyno and Yes, he did have a Cylinder # 8 issue.

The Customer's Mustang was tuned by Multiple tuners before and after us and the car was also taken to the track multiple times. That being said, he already doesn't qualify for our Cylinder #8 Warranty. As our warranty states, our tune has to be the only tune ever loaded to the PCM. However, since he is a valued customer we still attempted to help him, even though we technically couldn't cover him under warranty. We advised that he takes the car to a Ford dealership to be diagnosed. If Ford voided his warranty and denied the claim, we would then step in and do whatever we could. He came back to us with a quote from a local mechanics shop and not a Ford dealership. We need the car to be diagnosed by Ford for us to step in. So we advised again that he takes the car to Ford and send us over the outcome. We reached out to the customer frequently for updates (he was unresponsive) and finally we were told not to worry about it anymore because he was going to trade the car in on a 2013 GT and had bigger plans.

We will never leave a customer up the creek without a paddle. If you have a legitimate issue with us and you follow the proper steps we will 100% help you. Even if your issue doesn't meet all of the warranty requirements. We will bend over backwards to make sure we help you out at much as we possibly can! If you'd like me to send you the guide lines of the Cylinder #8 warranty, please just let me know and I'll email them over to you.

I hope this clears things up.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
We all knew there was more to the story that we were getting that's why Kona and I kept prying. Thanks for clearing it up I have always had good experiences with AM.
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
We there we have it. Guy never stated another tune ever being on the car.. so dont blame me passing info from person to forum.. also yea I agree it was ****ty of him to trade it in the way it was but the ford dealer should have known based on it smoking ! Wow didn't know if you take a car to The track it voids the #8 warranty. That's kinda lame ... but non the less the guy who's motor blew I guess wanted to blame someone and the story I got from him In every detail is what I posted.. but he still eve after all of it blames the tune .... Again this is not my car nor do I care but he is not a member here and this is what he claims and says is the story..

Carry on op and good luck with your bama tunes!
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #39
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
We there we have it. Guy never stated another tune ever being on the car.. so dont blame me passing info from person to forum.. also yea I agree it was ****ty of him to trade it in the way it was but the ford dealer should have known based on it smoking ! Wow didn't know if you take a car to The track it voids the #8 warranty. That's kinda lame ... but non the less the guy who's motor blew I guess wanted to blame someone and the story I got from him In every detail is what I posted.. but he still eve after all of it blames the tune .... Again this is not my car nor do I care but he is not a member here and this is what he claims and says is the story..

I'm sorry for the confusion. Between running the car at the track often and having multiple other tunes on the car before and after ours we really couldn't cover him under the warranty like we would have wanted to. But we still offered to do whatever we could to help!

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No worries don't shoot the messenger right! I just wanted to know all the details as I currently am running and have only ever ran bama tunes and just wanted to know the whole situation in case I ever run into any issues. Good to know that going to the track will not void the tune warranty as well I plan to try and track my car this year at our local 1/8 mile track! Since we are on the subject of tuning does anyone know of any good online resources that help explain tuning on these cars . More specifically just understanding the parameters and reading datalogs so I have a better understanding of what is going on.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Hey guys. Don't blame Stang 8PSI for posting completely wrong information about his buddy. Yeah, my buddy never tracked the car but maybe once or twice. LIE. Yeah, my buddy never had it tuned by anybody other than bama. LIE. AM told my buddy to pound sand. LIE! He knows the guy pretty well yet didn't know many truthful facts yet he posts all these facts from his truthful buddy. Come to find out his buddy is a huge liar and tires to blame bama when in fact has no idea because numerous other companies had tuned the car.

Stang8psi talks smack about bama blowing up his buddies engine and how the #8 warranty is a scam when in fact its all lies and he doesn't know crap about the facts or his lying d bag buddy. You clearly have no idea what your talking about and glad Dan was able to show how much bull you were shoveling.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hey guys. Don't blame Stang 8PSI for posting completely wrong information about his buddy. Yeah, my buddy never tracked the car. LIE. Yeah, my buddy never had it tuned by anybody other than bama. LIE. He knows the guy pretty well yet didn't know many truthful facts yet he posts all these facts from his truthful buddy. Come to find out his buddy is a huge liar and tires to blame bama when in fact has no idea because numerous other companies had tuned the car.

Stang8psi talks smack about bama blowing up his buddies engine when in fact its all lies and doesn't know crap about the facts or his lying d bag buddy. You clearly have no idea what your talking about and glad Dan was able to show how much bull you were shoveling.
Now you're coming across very badly here. I know Stang8psi from other forums and he actually does know what he's talking about. And he also is a regular contributor on the forums. You don't have anything to contribute. You have a six banger correct? And you post in the GT tech section?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Now you're coming across very badly here. I know Stang8psi from other forums and he actually does know what he's talking about. And he also is a regular contributor on the forums. You don't have anything to contribute. You have a six banger correct? And you post in the GT tech section?
What does having a 6 banger have to do with anything. Six banger owners can post in all the sections. What has come across is someone claiming AM blew up his buddies engine and basically calls AM a scam. A buddy he claims he knows well yet his facts were way off. His buddy is a liar and Stang 8psi doesn't know what he is taking about when it comes to this to his buddies mustang. He tries to convince people on here that AM told his buddy to pack sand. Besides, what about the 2nd guy that had his engine blown up?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I was unaware that we discriminated on this forum? He posts questions about his sixxer in the sixxer tech section. There is nothing wrong with him responding to posts in the GT section.

That being said, if Stang8psi's 'friend' traded in a busted engine then he also seems like the type of person who would lie about not using other tuners on his car to get a warranty claim.

THAT being said, if FORD accepted it as is, that's their own fault.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would like to know what Ford gives on a trade for a 5.0 that rolls in smoking with a blown #8. $8,000?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I would like to know what Ford gives on a trade for a 5.0 that rolls in smoking with a blown #8. $8,000?
That would probably be a generous offer by them to even get that much.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

2011 kona in case you can't read.. I was not blaming bama it was what was being told to me By the guy who's motor blew.. his direct words not mine.. I wrote what exactly was being said..can I control what he said was "his" situation? No. and was he probably mad still about the situation sure.. probably why he is still content on blaming bama... do I give two ****s who and why it blew? No. do I post about a situation of someone else that started out with what the thread is titled? Yes... he the guy who's engine blew did have extreamly high timing on his bama tune.. was it the tune? maybe.. from the owners mouth directly it was, and he claimed and still claims he was offered no help for the issue..

Now did I say don't run bama? No.. do I run one? No does it make someone elses issue they had with bama anyone else problem no.. again there is nothing wrong with telling someone else story or issue they had .. now was some of his story wrong well I guess, but again its not my car nor my care..

The other guy because kona blue can't read he assumed responsibility and built His motor not caring about the tune.. but it was the only tune he ran. He built a short block built for boost and added a blower so bamas warranty wouldn't really benefit him so he never persuaded anything..
Old 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2011 kona in case you can't read.. I was not blaming bama it was what was being told to me By the guy who's motor blew.. his direct words not mine.. I wrote what exactly was being said..can I control what he said was "his" situation? No. and was he probably mad still about the situation sure.. probably why he is still content on blaming bama... do I give two ****s who and why it blew? No. do I post about a situation of someone else that started out with what the thread is titled? Yes... he the guy who's engine blew did have extreamly high timing on his bama tune.. was it the tune? maybe.. from the owners mouth directly it was, and he claimed and still claims he was offered no help for the issue..

Now did I say don't run bama? No.. do I run one? No does it make someone elses issue they had with bama anyone else problem no.. again there is nothing wrong with telling someone else story or issue they had .. now was some of his story wrong well I guess, but again its not my car nor my care..

The other guy because kona blue can't read he assumed responsibility and built His motor not caring about the tune.. but it was the only tune he ran. He built a short block built for boost and added a blower so bamas warranty wouldn't really benefit him so he never persuaded anything..
Your words were the #8 warranty was a ploy, a scam. AM is not scamming anybody to the best of my knowledge. Your friend is clearly a liar and provided you with partial truths mixed in with a bunch of bull and then you want to post that AM told your buddy to pack sand and their warranty is a ploy and scam. Sure sounds like your attacking the credibility of AM and putting blame Mike Wilson blew up your buddies engine. Of course its much easier to blame AM even though your buddy had several different tuning companies tune his car and really has no idea on which tuning company jacked his ride up.

Of course when a few of us on here smelled bull poo, we called you out on it. Of course, Dan being on top of things and looking into this got to the real deal of the incident.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Actually the warranty wasn't voided because of being tuned by another company but because he never took it to a ford dealer. Dan said they were going to help him out because we was a valued customer and all he had to do was take it to a ford dealer but never did and decided to trade it.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #50
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Just to clarify one more time. Our Cylinder #8 Warranty has guide lines that you need to follow. To qualify for the warranty, a Bama tune has to be the ONLY tune ever loaded to your PCM. This specific customer had multiple tuners touch the car. The car was tuned by other tuners before and after we tuned the car. The specific person we're talking about actually posted up comparison threads of his Bama tune vs all of the other tunes he ran on his Coyote.

Like I mentioned before, he is a valued customer so we were going to do whatever we possibly could to help him get his car fixed. We urged the customer to go to Ford and see if they would warranty the issue. If they would help him not and voided his warranty we would 100% jump in and help him out. However, he didn't go to a Ford dealership and eventually told us to forget about it because he was selling the car.

I hope this clears things up and sets all the confusion straight.

-Dan
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Just to clarify one more time. Our Cylinder #8 Warranty has guide lines that you need to follow. To qualify for the warranty, a Bama tune has to be the ONLY tune ever loaded to your PCM. This specific customer had multiple tuners touch the car. The car was tuned by other tuners before and after we tuned the car. The specific person we're talking about, actually posted up comparison threads of his Bama tune vs all of the other tunes he ran on his Coyote.

Like I mentioned before, he is a valued customer so we were going to do whatever we possibly could to help him get his car fixed. We urged the customer to go to Ford and see if they would warranty the issue. If they would help him not and voided his warranty we would 100% jump in and help him out. However, he didn't go to a Ford dealership and eventually told us to forget about it because he was selling the car.

I hope this clears things up and sets all the confusion straight.

-Dan
Dan, Can you share how many other tunes did this subject have and posted he compared tunes.

I myself run three tunes. Bama hybrid, Steeda Tune and MPT tune. Which leads me to my next question. If I'm running three tunes and someone has a engine issue how does one determine which tune company caused the issue? How do I call you guys up and say I have been running your tune for the past 3 months and there is a problem but yet in the past I run my other tunes.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday20 View Post
Actually the warranty wasn't voided because of being tuned by another company but because he never took it to a ford dealer. Dan said they were going to help him out because we was a valued customer and all he had to do was take it to a ford dealer but never did and decided to trade it.
I don't know anyone involved, but if I were to guess, he was probably hoping to get it fixed without Ford getting involved because if he ever planned to trade it in later they would have a record of the problem, and could negatively impact trade-in. Even if AM told him they would help him out if Ford didn't, he probably didn't want to take the chance or have it come back to haunt him later on trade. Not saying right or wrong, just trying to come up with an explanation of why things went down the way they did.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

I don't know anyone involved, but if I were to guess, he was probably hoping to get it fixed without Ford getting involved because if he ever planned to trade it in later they would have a record of the problem, and could negatively impact trade-in. Even if AM told him they would help him out if Ford didn't, he probably didn't want to take the chance or have it come back to haunt him later on trade. Not saying right or wrong, just trying to come up with an explanation of why things went down the way they did.
You could be right but far from AM told me to pack sand lie.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

ELE.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
ELE.

EXactly!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

yup I have a v6 with about 3 of their engines power under the hood
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's pretty....
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do believe thats not a v6. Lol. I see a paxton supercharger poking its head out. Some serious hardware there.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice. Wasn't sure. Never seen a Boss with lower fogs and a pony grill. I know people mod them...just saying. Guess the '12 didn't have brake vents.
Wasn't a slam. Just curious.
Troy
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

No worries... this was right before the motor build. Its now a higher compression 8000rpm E85 150-200 shot (depending on track prep) motor now. The paxton setup was fun, but built high comp high reving n/a coyote with spray is worlds better ( for me ) ..
Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No worries... this was right before the motor build. Its now a higher compression 8000rpm E85 150-200 shot (depending on track prep) motor now. The paxton setup was fun, but built high comp high reving n/a coyote with spray is worlds better ( for me ) ..

That sounds awesome I have been doing a lot of reading about nitrous and the more I read the better I like it. I am looking to get a coyote plate kit for my car probably only gonna run a little 75 shot maybe 100 at the most, other than tune and colder plugs anything else I need to safely run that?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

window switch for safety and a heater and finally a purge to control the bottle pressure
Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well on an obviously unrelated timing note ...even my supposedly ping-prone Procal tune doesn't bust 25 too often.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
window switch for safety and a heater and finally a purge to control the bottle pressure

Aight cool thanks for the info I know I definitely wanna get that window switch don't need any backfires! What system did you go with and how do you like it? I am currently leaning towards the nx kit seems very simple to install!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Purge to control bottle pressure really??????

The purpose of a purge is to get any air out of the lines.
For instance you want the nitrous and fuel to hot at the exact same time in a wet kit. If you have air in the lines that will not happen. So that is what a purge is for. Not to control bottle pressure :/
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Purge to control bottle pressure really??????

The purpose of a purge is to get any air out of the lines.
For instance you want the nitrous and fuel to hot at the exact same time in a wet kit. If you have air in the lines that will not happen. So that is what a purge is for. Not to control bottle pressure :/
and you NEED the pressure...
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Dan, Can you share how many other tunes did this subject have and posted he compared tunes.

I myself run three tunes. Bama hybrid, Steeda Tune and MPT tune. Which leads me to my next question. If I'm running three tunes and someone has a engine issue how does one determine which tune company caused the issue? How do I call you guys up and say I have been running your tune for the past 3 months and there is a problem but yet in the past I run my other tunes.
Good question
seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Keeripes people, any reasonable person can understand that any person or organization only wants to warrant their own work.

If I build a deck for a customer and the customer has a concern, it's on me to look after that. If 3 people build parts of a deck, then, I'm going to want to ask a few questions around who's work is at issue.

Throwing multiple company's tunes on a car, no **** nobody wants to touch that from a warranty standpoint, any more than Ford does.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post

and you NEED the pressure...
I know you need bottle pressure! I'm not new to nitrous so don't try and make me look dumb. I said a purge has nothing!! To do with bottle pressure! Like he had said
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I know you need bottle pressure! I'm not new to nitrous so don't try and make me look dumb. I said a purge has nothing!! To do with bottle pressure! Like he had said
I know man!lol I'm on your side defending the facts lol
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT