BAMA Tune - Too Much SPARK? Worried. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Dan, Can you share how many other tunes did this subject have and posted he compared tunes.

I myself run three tunes. Bama hybrid, Steeda Tune and MPT tune. Which leads me to my next question. If I'm running three tunes and someone has a engine issue how does one determine which tune company caused the issue? How do I call you guys up and say I have been running your tune for the past 3 months and there is a problem but yet in the past I run my other tunes.
Kona. I'm thinking AM means that if any car has had multiple tunes from companies then it will void the warranty from them. Doesn't matter if it was AM's tune on the car when it failed or how long it was on the car for.

If AM offers to fulfill their warranty when the user voids it by having multiple tunes then its out of AM's kindness and generosity.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post

I know man!lol I'm on your side defending the facts lol
Lol Rapinator I agree with him. He sorta could have quoted better though lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Kona. I'm thinking AM means that if any car has had multiple tunes from companies then it will void the warranty from them. Doesn't matter if it was AM's tune on the car when it failed or how long it was on the car for.

If AM offers to fulfill their warranty when the user voids it by having multiple tunes then its out of AM's kindness and generosity.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

maybe my brain to typing skill slowed down over the weekend lol, me and him have talked before he should of knew I wasn't trying to make him sound dumb lol, I respect him and hi stang lol TEXAS PRIDE
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post

I know man!lol I'm on your side defending the facts lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
we all know its to clear the line of vapor liquid out of lines but it's also to control pressure when a heater is used..
here for the know it all rapinator.. because he is the king on nitrous!
good read for the people who actually race for a living and actually know what they are talking about.
Drag Racing Online
and another..
Nitrous Purge Kits
one more.
NITROUS PURGE SYSTEM W/ D-4 MANIFOLD

and in case you don't click the link here i'll copy and paste.

The NX Purge System is designed to purge the air from your nitrous lines to allow immediate activation of your Nitrous system. This System includes a Lightning solenoid, push button for activation, and a vent tube to direct the purged nitrous out of the solenoid. Also included is a -4 AN manifold to run inline with your nitrous feedline. This allows you to purge the nitrous system, even when you do not have a purge port built into your solenoids. The Purge system can also be used to lower the bottle pressure for spot on nitrous performance every time you activate the system.
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #75
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
BAMA Tune - Too Much SPARK? Worried.

Cut the name calling and childish bickering out. If you can't do that then this thread won't be open much longer.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Cut the name calling and childish bickering out. If you can't do that then this thread won't be open much longer.
Wheres the name calling?
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #77
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Wheres the name calling?

It's already been cleaned up

HID end all thread
Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #78
ME Bloodhound
Staff

BAMA Tune - Too Much SPARK? Worried.

Keep it clean. Keep it tech and there is no issue. If you don't agree with someone argue your point, name calling is proving you nothing.

HID end all thread
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #79

Region: Florida
What is the best way to data log your car? Start recording and mash the gas from 0-120? Or is there a better way? Idle? Reving up in neutral? 55mph on cruise control?

The goal would be to send in my logs to bama to make sure I'm dialed in or possibly have them to send to Lund or AED.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tgranber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
From Lund,

Start datalog, start car and idle 2 minutes. Drive 5 minutes normal. Make 2 third gear pulls from 2,600 rpm to 7,200 rpm (I may be a few hundred off on rpm, just off top of my memory)

Your tuner will tell you what they want.

Sent from my XT1045 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Below are the parameters we need you to manually select before you begin logging.

ect_degf
iat_in_degf
load
maf_flow_rate_lb_per_min
maf_frequency
measured_afr_bank_1
measured_afr_bank_2
rpm
spark_advance
spark_advance_v2
torque_source
vehicle_speed_mph
short_term_trim_1
short_term_trim_2
knock_sensor
throttle_angle_actual

The process to get the log is this:
Once the car is started and up to operating temp, start the log. Let the car idle for at least 2 minutes. Drive the car like normal for a couple minutes. Now, do a couple 3rd gear WOT pulls from 2500-7200 RPM. Once you have done the WOT pulls you are done. Save the Log as a .CSV file and reply to this email with the log as an attachment.

Jon Lund II

There. Straight from the source.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
This thread is why I will never have a tune and will never buy a used Mustang with a previous tune.
I myself ruined two turbo four cylinders with tunes. Oooooh yes... That power was awesome.... My transmissions and torque converters, ignition coils etc, not so freaking awesome.
Those were two nearly new vehicles too.
I want to drive and enjoy my Mustang, not worry constantly and have issues.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
This thread is why I will never have a tune and will never buy a used Mustang with a previous tune.
I myself ruined two turbo four cylinders with tunes. Oooooh yes... That power was awesome.... My transmissions and torque converters, ignition coils etc, not so freaking awesome.
I feel the same as you. I want a CAI but since I'll need a tune I think I'll pass on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I feel the same as you. I want a CAI but since I'll need a tune I think I'll pass on it.

I'm pretty sure you can just have them adjust the MAF sensor to keep from getting a check engine light without actually tweeking any of the timing, spark, tranny etc. The stuff people are complaining about is the way tuners get the power is through advancing the timing. They also get what I'd consider an illusion of power by adjusting shift points and transmission psi and throttle response.

I'm not well versed here but even I would say if you're wanting a CAI, you'd be perfectly safe. But many here will tell you, the stock CAI is ideal over aftermarket

Old 01-10-2015, 04:07 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

This mustang is was tuned by Lund racing.

http://hot-cars.org/2015/01/10/1000h...-hits-217-mph/

Old 01-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post

There are plenty of CAIs that do not require a tune, Airaid being the most popular. But why get a cai if you aren't wanting to mod? You do realize they do almost nothing for a NA coyote. Also, tunes are nothing to be afraid of. A quality remote or dyno tune is better for your car than the stock tune.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I think a tune is one of those you get what you pay for.

All the flashy advertising and fancy websites doesn't mean the tuner has it dialed in. Stick with the tuners that have the reputation from the community. I think 99% of ppl here will tell you to buy Lund, AED or Roush for a tune.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

yeh i had issues with a bama tune myself my chip was causing the computer to fry and cause my theft light to stay on causing my car to turn off and lock up on the highway ...extremely dangerous happened many times till i found out hitting my computer in my passenger foot well would cause the car to turn back on i literally drove around with a crowbar by my side for when it would turn off lock up i would hit the foot well and turn the ignition and vroom she would fire up ...sometimes die again ... finally i found out it was my bama sctbank 4 chip i pulled her out and bam no more problems thankfully. called bama to let them know what it was doing .
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
There are plenty of CAIs that do not require a tune, Airaid being the most popular. But why get a cai if you aren't wanting to mod? You do realize they do almost nothing for a NA coyote. Also, tunes are nothing to be afraid of. A quality remote or dyno tune is better for your car than the stock tune.
I want to mod but I just got my car in July. Also the main reason is is just moved to Colorado Springs and it's bright as hell here and the air is thinner. I can feel the difference in the car pulling.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your two cars being destroyed by tunes. Clearly, you had picked someone who made bad tunes and that's most unfortunate. That is why it is so crucial to pick a reputable tuning company or a highly reputable dyno tuner.

I have been running tunes in my pony for over three and a half years. My car has been tuned since it had 5000 miles on it and now has over 44,000 miles and the car has never ran stronger.

One's car is not going to blow up if the tune is done correctly, again that's why it's so important to pick a reputable tuner. I run, MPT, Steeda, Bama, & have never had any issues with either three of them.

Choose a reputable tuner and you won't have any issues with your car
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your two cars being destroyed by tunes. Clearly, you had picked someone who made bad tunes and that's most unfortunate. That is why it is so crucial to pick a reputable tuning company or a highly reputable dyno tuner.

I have been running tunes in my pony for over three and a half years. My car has been tuned since it had 5000 miles on it and now has over 44,000 miles and the car has never ran stronger.

One's car is not going to blow up if the tune is done correctly, again that's why it's so important to pick a reputable tuner. I run, MPT, Steeda, Bama, & have never had any issues with either three of them.

Choose a reputable tuner and you won't have any issues with your car
I see what you're saying but don't get me wrong, I had great tunes. They were done by the leading tuners for the brand of vehicles. But the issues were stresses and changes to other components due to the tunes increasing HP and torque to much higher levels than the cars were built to handle long term. Also, the change in the ignition process was very sensitive to which spark plugsused, gaps etc as well as ignition coils failing.
In summary, the tunes were top tier and an absolute blast to drive....until all that extra power made daily problems. Daily problems + daily driver = pissed off wife, wasted money, failing state inspection....
I'm going stock from now on.
Trying to explain why the "check engine light" is on randomly to a potential buyer. Not fun.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I see what you're saying but don't get me wrong, I had great tunes. They were done by the leading tuners for the brand of vehicles. But the issues were stresses and changes to other components due to the tunes increasing HP and torque to much higher levels than the cars were built to handle long term. Also, the change in the ignition process was very sensitive to which spark plugsused, gaps etc as well as ignition coils failing.
In summary, the tunes were top tier and an absolute blast to drive....until all that extra power made daily problems. Daily problems + daily driver = pissed off wife, wasted money, failing state inspection....
I'm going stock from now on.
Trying to explain why the "check engine light" is on randomly to a potential buyer. Not fun.
Well, I can defently see your point and certainly if the tune put your engine over its limits , then certainly that's not good. I can assure you our mustangs can handle a tune. In fact the 3.7 can easily handle 500 plus rwhp with a good quality tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT