Steeda HD motor mount bushings - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Steeda HD motor mount bushings

For anyone that has these motor mounts, did you go with the soft red or hard hard black bushing and how do you like them?

My stang is my DD and I'm very interested to know how you guys feel about the black bushing. Too rough?
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hello,

This would be my recommendation ... others can weigh in.

On a street car, I pretty much would stick to the red. Track car- black.

You can obviously inter change them ... but to start ... that is what I would go with.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I don't mind feeling my engine rumble more or a little shake. I like the old muscle car feel. I only drag race about 8 days a year. but what exactly increases with the black bushing? does it make the transmission noisier too? that's the thing I don't want through. hope someone can describe what each feels like.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You don't realize just how much vibration is absorbed through rubber engine/trans mounts till you put something stiffer in its place. You'll either like it or hate it, maybe have to try it out and see for yourself, there is a substantial difference.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'll just experiment. Was just hoping maybe someone had experience with both bushings. Thanks for the replies!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I ran a set of red ones in my 2008 car. They weren't to bad Didn't get to see how a set of black mount would be but I wouldn't want anymore nvh then what the reds let through
Whtghost1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtghost1979 View Post
I ran a set of red ones in my 2008 car. They weren't to bad Didn't get to see how a set of black mount would be but I wouldn't want anymore nvh then what the reds let through
cool thanks for the feedback

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT