Detroit eaton truetrac spacer question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Detroit eaton truetrac spacer question

Installing a truetrac in my rear end rebuild, also have moser axles. Well did a dry run and the spacer that keeps the axles from coming into the middle and allowing the c-clips to fall out is too small. Anyway, called eaton and they said to grind the axles down. Does anybody have an opinion on this would it be better to grind the axles or the spacer. Seems odd that it wouldnt fit appropriately. They said it was because the axles are aftermarket, but still....they included 2 different spacers why not have one that fits. Anyway, curious on your thoughts, as well as what might be the best way to do this. Does it need to be equal parts ground off each side? or does it really matter? Thanks guys!
Benzopyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well I solved the problem. We filed down the axles and sanded the spacer some as well until we got about 0.020 of space and the spacer falls in easily. With the stock axles we had 0.063 in of space, and I believe eaton told me around 0.015 would be appropriate
Benzopyrene is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT