How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Hey warhead I have a patch that will unlock the ids software where you won't need a license

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
yacob454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 04:24 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

And to you Mac guys it's so much easier to just get a windows xp, the ids software will make your Mac crash over and over. Trust me lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacob454 View Post
And to you Mac guys it's so much easier to just get a windows xp, the ids software will make your Mac crash over and over. Trust me lol

Lol - my thoughts exactly -used crappy XP ordered from Amazon on its way.
tezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was able to get a decent dell laptop with XP3 for just over 100. To be honest, it is nice to have a dedicated computer for my truck & the Mustang.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I was able to get a decent dell laptop with XP3 for just over 100. To be honest, it is nice to have a dedicated computer for my truck & the Mustang.

I think I paid $130 or so and plan to keep it dedicated as well. The scan tool was another $165. Hope to get more than a one time use out of it!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

The vcm and ids have really good data logging and some parts of it that could really come in handy when tuning them

Old 08-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #322
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey warhead I have a patch that will unlock the ids software where you won't need a license

Is that for the 90.01 version ? I got one for the 89v if you have for the 90 I want it Thanks man
WARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

The VCMII is a great tool to have BEYOND just doing PATS and this mod. If you do work on you motor or change gears in your rear end, you can do dealer level work yourself. You can do a mod to add sync and use the tool which will be our next mod. Adding sync to the base system.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 08-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Warhead unfortunately it's not for v90...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Deerslayer how can it be used to add sync?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

You get a sync module off a sync car,(ebay) install that, the mirror/mic and wheel switch. Use the VCMII to change your ASBUILT to a sync car. viola
Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
You get a sync module off a sync car,(ebay) install that, the mirror/mic and wheel switch. Use the VCMII to change your ASBUILT to a sync car. viola
Wow! Extremely glad I just read this. I was minutes away from purchasing the audio dim mirror with compass from an online Ford dealer. Didn't see the point in getting the one with the mic as well since no sync even thou its only $1 more!!! Guess I need to splurge and spend that extra dollar now

Before I ask any stupid questions that are already answered somewhere is there a write-up/research going on about this on this or another forum? I feel jipped not getting a compass!!
dcruscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, mustang source has a write up, about adding sync. They didnt use the VCMII so their functionality wasnt 100%
Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet!! Sounds easy! And does all that work with the non sync radio??

Old 08-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sweet!! Sounds easy! And does all that work with the non sync radio??
Yes
Old 08-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Great info!

Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

What about adding the navigation or the full screen radio?

Old 08-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

Would you happen to have that link to the write up on it? I couldn't find anything

Old 08-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

I think it's a 'next up' project - there may not be a dedicated link/thread.
Also, I had a problem finding the cruise control switch with the part number given. Apparently the 'common' number is SW- 6911. RockAuto.com has it for around $20 plus shipping.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Stupid question, what does the sync do? Does it make the radio Bluetooth? I am electronics stupid. I would like to be able to Bluetooth my phone through the radio. I have a cord that you can plug in to the input in the center glove box and to my phone but it echos.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the switch is sw-6911 and I got mine off ebay for 23 free shipping.

Yeah you connect your phone with sync and you can talk, text, listen to music through it and more through Bluetooth

Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the switch is sw-6911 and I got mine off ebay for 23 free shipping.

Yeah you connect your phone with sync and you can talk, text, listen to music through it and more through Bluetooth

Are you sure that's the right part number? I also purchased sw-6911 off eBay for the premium cluster upgrade. It was the left side switch with the cruise buttons and arrows to control the lcd screen. Ford uses generic part #s and the entire part # is DR3Z9C888BA (for the cruise switch).

Do you know the whole part number for the right hand switch with the audio, sync, and phone buttons? I can't find anything specific on the mod either. How to wire up the module, if the harness is already there and it's plug and play? I'm pretty sure it normally goes behind the glove box so I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a look to see what's back there.

Here's a link that wasn't really all that helpful in describing this mod, it mostly regards electrical stuff and goes on between a few people who have already done it. And wouldn't you know, it's the very same people who gave us the cluster mod! Geniuses over there
2010+ base sync retrofit. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

Re SW 6911- that's the the same number Rock shows as an alternate. I'll let u know when it lands Tuesday. Still looking for a cluster...
Old 08-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz View Post
Re SW 6911- that's the the same number Rock shows as an alternate. I'll let u know when it lands Tuesday. Still looking for a cluster...
i got my cluster new at tasca parts but, its very expenssive i paid 749$ and they took 2 weeks to deliver jesus im still witing.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARHEAD View Post
i got my cluster new at tasca parts but, its very expenssive i paid 749$ and they took 2 weeks to deliver jesus im still witing.
Did you get a Shelby cluster? The boss and premium ones from there are $450+$200 core. Auto Nation had my premium cluster delivered in three days. Installed last night. Deerslayer helped me with the pats because I was missing a step and couldn't get my car started. First time I needed help with an install! I'm good with anything mechanical (machinist by trade), but as soon as a computer is involved forget it No track apps yet thou, my ids won't allow me access to module programming. I've installed the program on an XP computer and a Windows 7 computer as an administrator multiple times with no luck. I've contacted carsets about this and am awaiting a reply. Still better than the basic cluster except I've lost functionality of steering sensitivity. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a patch soon.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

I think I've narrowed down the part number for the sync/Bluetooth steering wheel right-hand switch. Using a vin from a premium sync car (non nav) I searched on Ford parts.com and found three different right hand steering wheel switches. The part numbers are sw-6982, sw-6913, and sw-6914. 6982 is the most expensive one so I'm assuming it would have the most features, i.e sync, phone button.However, since there are no pictures I can't be sure. If anyone knows the answer please post.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #341
Registered Member
Regular

I'm doing this once I get a cluster, but also plan on having the dealer install the Track-Cal for warranty purposes. Better to do the Cal before or after? Won't the 'as built' wipe the new tune? Or conversely, will the dealer install of the Track Cal screw up the cluster re-write if I do that first?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Your tune wont matter for the install of the cluster. You only need to do PATS (first erase, next reset) & then do the ASBUILT in module programming (720 codes) Once you do PATS, your cluster will work with everything except the Track Apps. Once you change the 720 ASBUILT codes, Track Apps will be enabled.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. You may have to hold my hand occasionally on this one once I get all the parts involved !!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #344
Registered Member
Regular

How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base mo...

Just got the gt premium and core is 300$ they I'll ask for 100$ more,
Anyways just finish installing and it looks great. I made the track apps work and my colors, it was pretty easy with the VCMII

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz View Post
I'm doing this once I get a cluster, but also plan on having the dealer install the Track-Cal for warranty purposes. Better to do the Cal before or after? Won't the 'as built' wipe the new tune? Or conversely, will the dealer install of the Track Cal screw up the cluster re-write if I do that first?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

I'm installing trac key tomorrow do it after
Old 08-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your tune wont matter for the install of the cluster. You only need to do PATS (first erase, next reset) & then do the ASBUILT in module programming (720 codes) Once you do PATS, your cluster will work with everything except the Track Apps. Once you change the 720 ASBUILT codes, Track Apps will be enabled.

Dude I'm really thankful for all the help. It was easy with your step by step and all the info gathering that you put together

Thanks man

Old 08-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Glad you got her going Warhead. This is a cool mod for base owners, going from the super basic cluster to the fully enabled Track Apps cluster. Enjoy it!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcruscher View Post
Did you get a Shelby cluster? The boss and premium ones from there are $450+$200 core. Auto Nation had my premium cluster delivered in three days. Installed last night. Deerslayer helped me with the pats because I was missing a step and couldn't get my car started. First time I needed help with an install! I'm good with anything mechanical (machinist by trade), but as soon as a computer is involved forget it No track apps yet thou, my ids won't allow me access to module programming. I've installed the program on an XP computer and a Windows 7 computer as an administrator multiple times with no luck. I've contacted carsets about this and am awaiting a reply. Still better than the basic cluster except I've lost functionality of steering sensitivity. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a patch soon.

My windows xp computer I bought didn't let me access module programming at first either. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It was very very slow to open. If I clicked it twice it would freeze up. If I click it once and wait like 5 or 6 minutes it would open up.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I don't have a cluster yet but I need to see if my XP computer that I installed the VCM II program on will let me access the module programming. I couldn't access it with my Windows 7 machine even after installing as a administrator.

Can one of you guys write a step by step procedure for doing the PATS relearn and the ASBUILT codes and where on the VCM II you access this info?
Wayne
Old 08-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

dcruscher is now up an running with everything working. Good talking to you and congrats. Another base converted with a Track Apps cluster. Anyone can call or text me if you have trouble working through the process.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

Wayne,
Plug in your new cluster and steering wheel switch (10 min)
Go into Security and then Do PATS key erase process. (takes about 12 m because there is a 10m timeout) follow step by step on screen instructions
After erasing both keys, go BACK into Security, into PATS and do the PARAMITER RESET
Now test your keys. Keys should start the car and you will have basic gauges working. Not near all the gauges, just 3 or 4 gauges.
Now, Go to Module Programming > ASBUILT
Choose or open up IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)
This will show you the codes that begin with 720
Fill in the boxes with the codes that you download using the ASBUILT codes from a car that has YOUR trans type, with a Track Apps Cluster
Once you download the codes and click on the tick or check mark.......done
Now check and your cluster should be completely Track Apps enabled with many more gauges available. If no stumbles, the process should take you under an hour easy. Only because there are TWO ten minute mandatory time outs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang