How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 18 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #596
FMS
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
If you already have the cluster, use the VIN for a 2014 premium GT for the ASBUILT codes for your ABS. (720-____-__-______) Once you plug the cluster in, use your VCMII tool to do PATS relearn and parameter reset. Once that is done, go into module programming, open the ABS in the dropdown, enter the codes you download for a premium to the 720 lines. Once that is done, that is it

Don't you mean IPC codes? The ABS ones did not need to be changed on anything other than the 2011-12 I thought... At least that's what I did .. Just the IPC
FMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #597
FMS
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Kind of off subject but can the VCM II change parameters for a different wheel size than factory? I just bought some take off 19" rims and tires off of a 2014 Mustang GT for my 14 GT which has 18" rims from the factory. I want my speedometer and everything else that is affected to be correct if possible. Thanks.

Wayne

Yes, you can change axle ratio and tire diameter with the VCM2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #598
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post
Yes, you can change axle ratio and tire diameter with the VCM2
Thanks. I thought that you might be able to but I was not sure. I hope I can get my V86 to work when I do the swap.

Wayne
Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #599
FMS
Registered Member
Regular

I think you will need V91.... And extended programming... Not sure if I can email you V91 but I can email you the "extended programming" my VCM2 would not let me program the modules... Might have been my tool, but the dealer had no problem... Kid at the dealer let me do it with their VCM .. He was cool and was happy to learn this stuff..
Old 12-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #600

Region: Utah
Just to be clear, the cluster lens will fit over the new Premium cluster, right?
dougvandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #601
FMS
Registered Member
Regular

The cluster comes with the lense
Old 01-02-2015, 10:23 PM   #602
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Don't you mean IPC codes? The ABS ones did not need to be changed on anything other than the 2011-12 I thought... At least that's what I did .. Just the IPC

So from what I understand, I only have to change the ABS code for the Track Apps (car is a '14)?

Also, do I have to touch the IPC codes at all?

I was planning on doing the "Parameter Reset" (to erase the previous keys), "Program Additional Ignition Key" (to Program my two keys), then changing the As-Built ABS code (to enable Track Apps).

I am waiting for my VCM II in the mail, but I am just making sure I have the process correct.
da.anthman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:22 PM   #603
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I think you will need V91.... And extended programming... Not sure if I can email you V91 but I can email you the "extended programming" my VCM2 would not let me program the modules... Might have been my tool, but the dealer had no problem... Kid at the dealer let me do it with their VCM .. He was cool and was happy to learn this stuff..
Use google drive. Upload to drive then you can pm the address to ppl to download
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #604
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
I would appreciate it if you could try sending me this information. I sent you a PM with my email address a few days ago but I don't know if you got it or not. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 01-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #605
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by da.anthman60 View Post
So from what I understand, I only have to change the ABS code for the Track Apps (car is a '14)?

Also, do I have to touch the IPC codes at all?

I was planning on doing the "Parameter Reset" (to erase the previous keys), "Program Additional Ignition Key" (to Program my two keys), then changing the As-Built ABS code (to enable Track Apps).

I am waiting for my VCM II in the mail, but I am just making sure I have the process correct.
Just try doing only the PATS relearn for your keys first. Then try to start you car and scroll through the cluster. Hold off on the ASBUILT codes. Track apps is already programmed in the cluster. and my color, and launch control.
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #606
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTop5.0 View Post
Just try doing only the PATS relearn for your keys first. Then try to start you car and scroll through the cluster. Hold off on the ASBUILT codes. Track apps is already programmed in the cluster. and my color, and launch control.

Will do, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
da.anthman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #607
Registered Member
Regular

I was expecting the cluster in this weekend but it wasnt delivered. So hopefully tomorrow. Gonna call the yard tomorrow and see for sure. Got the 5 way switch in from rock auto(cheapest i could find) and already installed that. Wish the damn cluster had come in!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #608

I have my new Cluster on order from AutoNation, when talking to the guy over the phone he said they've been getting a lot of these types of mods happening lol! AutoNation is great to work with, and I'm guaranteed to get my core deposit returned which is nice to know. I'm planning on having the dealer program the PATS and ASBUILT data. I will video the entire process and post it once it's completed!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:06 AM   #609

Region: West Virgina
Has anyone posted the v91 to a google drive or skydrive yet? I would be interested in the link as my v86 which allowed me to program my cluster when I installed it a year ago no longer allows Module Programming and I am curious if upgrading to v91 will solve that issue. I don't really need it but I would like to have it just in case and to satisfy my curiosity as well
iceman1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:02 AM   #610
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you need the crack for the extended programming. Which I have. Ill upload that later today and send you the link
Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #611
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I just received my premium cluster today, that I bought on eBay... I'll need to send it out to have the odometer corrected.

I'm stuck on picking out a vcmii....whether or not it will have ids, and if I'll need a patch.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2013 GB GT MT- Track Pack, Recaros. Whipple 2.3, JLT CAI, VMP 3x Pass HE, 170 TSTAT, Flowmaster Outlaw/RTR AB, Magnaflow Tru X, SCT ITSX, Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, Axle Exchange Alum. D.S.,BMR Loop, SOS Dual W/ Aeroforce Duals, Boss Steering Wheel, Gt500 Shift Boot, Gt500 Spoiler, MMD Louvers and Hood Struts, Fays2, 3DCarbon Rear Diffuser, DBA Rotors, MGW Shifter, Forgestar CF5s
Tapakegovagnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #612
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapakegovagnaps View Post
I just received my premium cluster today, that I bought on eBay... I'll need to send it out to have the odometer corrected.

I'm stuck on picking out a vcmii....whether or not it will have ids, and if I'll need a patch.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you get this Professional Diagnostic Tool For F ord VCM II VCM 2 Multi Languages OBD2 Scanner For F ord VCM2 IDS 2014 Newest V90.1-in Code Readers & Scan Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group Itll come with the software. Mine came with V86 and V91 but the V91 is on a virtual machine and a little more difficult to use
Old 01-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #613
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, thanks. It seems like most of them come with the software. Some say to go with alliexpress, some say carsets.uk..... Latest I've seen, some people weren't having luck with v86, and needed to use a newer version.

Track apps doesn't appear in my cluster, I'm guessing it will after programming?

2013 GB GT MT- Track Pack, Recaros. Whipple 2.3, JLT CAI, VMP 3x Pass HE, 170 TSTAT, Flowmaster Outlaw/RTR AB, Magnaflow Tru X, SCT ITSX, Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, Axle Exchange Alum. D.S.,BMR Loop, SOS Dual W/ Aeroforce Duals, Boss Steering Wheel, Gt500 Shift Boot, Gt500 Spoiler, MMD Louvers and Hood Struts, Fays2, 3DCarbon Rear Diffuser, DBA Rotors, MGW Shifter, Forgestar CF5s
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #614
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone in NOVA with a VCM II?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #615
Registered Member
Regular

At first mine didnt show but then did. I didnt touch the ABS as built data. I did change the cluster data. Now i have trans temp on my mt-82....it doesnt read lol. My mycolor only had 3 colors, that didnt fly!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Anyone in NOVA with a VCM II?

Im in MD
Old 01-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #616
FMS
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not that computer savy, so I don't know how to upload the v91 for all... I can send extended programming
Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #617
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiawd View Post
At first mine didnt show but then did. I didnt touch the ABS as built data. I did change the cluster data. Now i have trans temp on my mt-82....it doesnt read lol. My mycolor only had 3 colors, that didnt fly!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Im in MD

Alright, cool. My color functioned as expected, just didn't see the track apps. What data did you change in the cluster? My car is a track pack, I was assuming the apps would already be there. I'm sure they'll come up with some tinkering.

I'll probably wind up ordering a VCM soon enough. I guess worst case scenario, I could beg for your help!

Old 01-08-2015, 07:39 AM   #618
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not that computer savy, so I don't know how to upload the v91 for all... I can send extended programming

Awesome, you could use the site Dropbox, or Google drive....I'm not an IT guy either. Once you upload the file to one of those, you can PM whoever the link, including myself! Hehe

I wouldn't post it publicly.

Thanks.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #619
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright, cool. My color functioned as expected, just didn't see the track apps. What data did you change in the cluster? My car is a track pack, I was assuming the apps would already be there. I'm sure they'll come up with some tinkering.

I'll probably wind up ordering a VCM soon enough. I guess worst case scenario, I could beg for your help!

Have to change the ABS as built data. How many color's do you have? At first I only had Red Blue and Orange, Change the IPS as built data and now I have them all, Least as far as I can tell I do. You can come on up this way or we could meet! It literally is only a a few button clicks to change the as-built data
Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #620
Registered Member
Regular

The second Image doesnt show the track apps, Idk why It wasnt there then it was after i got the pats to program, I did forget to mention that now on the Radio LED display all the way on the bottom left it has two --. Im not sure why its thee now, Came on after the cluster install
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #621
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have to change the ABS as built data. How many color's do you have? At first I only had Red Blue and Orange, Change the IPS as built data and now I have them all, Least as far as I can tell I do. You can come on up this way or we could meet! It literally is only a a few button clicks to change the as-built data

Ok, I remember there being several colors, red,blue, white, green, orange and so on....then the options to create your own. I only played with it for a few minutes, and I also haven't ordered the switch, so it was a pain to navigate through the cluster.

I'm still not positive on the switch part number, i thought sw6911, but then there's a listing with another number that says "multifunction" switch.

Alright, that would be awesome. I still have to send the cluster out to have the mileage changed, unless you know of a place locally that can do it.

Also need to get that switch!

Old 01-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #622
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The second Image doesnt show the track apps, Idk why It wasnt there then it was after i got the pats to program, I did forget to mention that now on the Radio LED display all the way on the bottom left it has two --. Im not sure why its thee now, Came on after the cluster install

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1420727999.363222.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	173131

Old 01-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #623
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, I remember there being several colors, red,blue, white, green, orange and so on....then the options to create your own. I only played with it for a few minutes, and I also haven't ordered the switch, so it was a pain to navigate through the cluster.

I'm still not positive on the switch part number, i thought sw6911, but then there's a listing with another number that says "multifunction" switch.

Alright, that would be awesome. I still have to send the cluster out to have the mileage changed, unless you know of a place locally that can do it.

Also need to get that switch!

Go to rock auto and past this DR3Z9C888BA This is the same thing I ordered and it's the correct switch

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Attachment 173131

Fantastic! Ill probably do that tonight then!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #624
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Man I want to do this just for the color customization.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #625
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go to rock auto and past this DR3Z9C888BA This is the same thing I ordered and it's the correct switch

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Fantastic! Ill probably do that tonight then!

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #626
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
If you already have the cluster, use the VIN for a 2014 premium GT for the ASBUILT codes for your ABS. (720-____-__-______) Once you plug the cluster in, use your VCMII tool to do PATS relearn and parameter reset. Once that is done, go into module programming, open the ABS in the dropdown, enter the codes you download for a premium to the 720 lines. Once that is done, that is it

LOL, YES....don't know why I had ABS on the brain there. the two lines of 720 codes are the instrument panel cluster codes.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #627

I'm at the dealership right now and we have the new cluster in however the "service advancedtrac" light is on. We did the pats relearn and the as built so track apps is on. Should we just try different codes?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #628
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougvandy View Post
I'm at the dealership right now and we have the new cluster in however the "service advancedtrac" light is on. We did the pats relearn and the as built so track apps is on. Should we just try different codes?
I dont think the advance track has anything to do with the cluster. Just for giggles swap in ur stock cluster real quick and see what it does
Old 01-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #629
Registered Member
Regular

DVandy,
Are you sure you are using the right codes for a 2014? None of this mod should have anything to do with your advance track tho.

BTW, hope anyone doing this from now on has already downloaded your ASBUILT codes because it looks like Ford has shut that door
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #630
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BTW, hope anyone doing this from now on has already downloaded your ASBUILT codes because it looks like Ford has shut that door

Uh oh, what does this mean? Am I SOL?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang