How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 19 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #631
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The SW6911 number is correct and is what is on my Motorcraft box. DR3Z9C888-BA number is also on the box above the 6911 number.

Wayne
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 AM   #632

Region: Utah
Holy cow! Talk about close timing! I just got my cluster installed this morning and glad I did! The Ford Tech did the ASBUILT first and the PATS second (which I don't know why considering I told him the order). We had some issues with the AdvanceTrac system; almost like the module was having a fuss. We tried some new codes and everything eventually worked! Only issue that came up in the final test was an error communicating to the Radio Not sure if that's bad but there's no obvious signs of error nor any warning lights on.

Btw, Here is a video of the successful aftermath having made the swap today:
dougvandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #633
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Doug,
Your acm is thinking you have the compass since you have the ASBUILT codes for a premium on your cluster. That is why you have the two dashes on your radio. It is where the compass readout is. Since you dont have a compass mirror it thinks there is a problem with the compass. It is no big deal at all. You can leave it with no problems, OR you can upgrade your car further with a compass mirror and wiring I have now done the sync install with compass mirror & handsfree mic setup. I got one of the tablet holders and covered it myself in carbon fiber to match the carbon fiber radio bezel and console that is in this car. Here is a pic of it running DashCommand just testing it out. It is just sitting in the spot in this pic, prior to us putting the magnets in the backside of the bezel to hold it a tad higher.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #634
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Doug,
Your acm is thinking you have the compass since you have the ASBUILT codes for a premium on your cluster. That is why you have the two dashes on your radio. It is where the compass readout is. Since you dont have a compass mirror it thinks there is a problem with the compass. It is no big deal at all. You can leave it with no problems, OR you can upgrade your car further with a compass mirror and wiring I have now done the sync install with compass mirror & handsfree mic setup. I got one of the tablet holders and covered it myself in carbon fiber to match the carbon fiber radio bezel and console that is in this car. Here is a pic of it running DashCommand just testing it out. It is just sitting in the spot in this pic, prior to us putting the magnets in the backside of the bezel to hold it a tad higher.

Is there a thread on this? Thought about doing this myself
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #635
Registered Member
Regular

For the tablet mod?
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 01-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #636
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The Sync install
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #637
Registered Member
Regular

I will post a FULL how to on the sync conversion. It is waaaay trickier since it is really important to have the correct APIM (sync module) for your car and matching switches, mics and mirrors. 11/12s hardware will not work with 13/14 hardware and so on. I bought a complete wiring diagram for a 13 mustang GT that I need to scan and post some diagrams.
The most common mistake people are doing with this mod is getting a APIM that is from an unknown salvage mustang. If it happened to have come from a car that had Navigation, it will NOT work with you trying to do a simple sync install. YOU MUST KNOW WHAT CAR THE APIM (sync module) IS COMING OUT OF. Also finding good prices on a harness for the sync install is getting really difficult to come by. I was able to get a full kit for under $75, it is hard to find one under $400 which I believe makes it cost prohibitive. If you can find a salvage car with sync, see if you can get these parts: mirror, map light fixture, APIM & RT side Steering wheel switch. You can buy the other 2 harnesses needed new cheap for a USB & Aux, but the Main Sync harness is what you need out of the old 2009 aftermarket Sync Kit and the prices of those are now ridicules. Once you have all those parts it is a pretty easy install and you do still need a VCMII to change the ACM ASBUILT codes so that your cluster, steering wheel switch and Audio Control Module all can communicate correctly.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #638

Deerslayer, thanks for the heads-up on that compass. Actually my car DID come with a compass in the rear view mirror however I unplugged it to install an aftermarket mirror with LCD backup camera lol. So that error code was probably occurring on my base cluster prior to the swap.

BTW, I love the carbon fiber ipad bezel. I got the same bezel from MusicarNorthwest and it covers the compass anyways.

Question: will this swap effect the typical maintenance of the car? When I'm getting safety and emissions check done it's not going to trip anything warnings will it?
Old 01-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #639
Registered Member
Regular

^^^no it will not effect the any of the safety emissions or anything like that. I got this tablet holder from MusicarNorthwest as well, just worked with them on a basic one because I was going to finish it with carbon fiber. They are pricey, but are a awesome design and mod for these interiors. We added a OBDII wifi dongle as well as Sync so can run car data/navigation and music off the ipad mini.
This wifi / bluetooth dongle I bought is great.
Vgate ICAR2 OBDII OBD2 ELM327 Smart Auto Diagnostic Scanner Bluetooth WiFi | eBay

You can wifi connect with your iphone and or your ipad. It is so quick and turns off with your key so it wont drain your battery. DashCommand is a pretty cool app to run for your car. Allows you a LOT of live data through your OBDII port
Old 01-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #640

Wow good find on the OBDII. I was looking for one with auto-shutoff cause I know I'd forget to unplug it for weeks lol.

So at this point is there any reason to worry that something will break? I've driven the car around quite a bit and tested most every button and option and haven't had any issue. I just want to be sure there won't be possible future issues before I send back the core.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 PM   #641
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I completed the 2013 GT500 Cluster swap in a 2014 GT. Gauges seem to work, and did not have to alter the ASBUILT Data. When I initially plugged the cluster in, it didn't have MyColor or the Track Apps Menu, but when I did the PATS Reset/Relearn it came right up. When it asked for the vehicle information I deleted the actual VIN and replaced it with a 2013 GT500 VIN, not sure if that is what did it.

The Boost and Vaccum Gauge shows up as " --- ". Have not tested the launch control, but all the menus and options are there.

The biggest issue I had was figuring out how to navigate the IDS 90.1 Software, it was very time consuming (took maybe two hours). I had a communication error between my computer and the VCM II and it took about 30 minutes to figure out that the VCM II needed an update (which eventually I was prompted by IDS, no internet needed).

ALSO, a tip for future swappers: Be careful not to scratch your upper shroud on the steering column when doing the switch! It is very scratch prone, it is pretty cheap plastic.
da.anthman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #642

Region: Nebraska
Is there a good solution regarding the AS-BUILT data now that Ford has locked the website?
SilentNight1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #643
Registered Member
Regular

^^I knew it was going to be a matter of time before Ford started putting up more road blocks for modding our own VCMIIs. Any shop that uses a scan tool will have access. Time to get someone on the inside to help.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #644
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I will post a FULL how to on the sync conversion. It is waaaay trickier since it is really important to have the correct APIM (sync module) for your car and matching switches, mics and mirrors. 11/12s hardware will not work with 13/14 hardware and so on. I bought a complete wiring diagram for a 13 mustang GT that I need to scan and post some diagrams.
The most common mistake people are doing with this mod is getting a APIM that is from an unknown salvage mustang. If it happened to have come from a car that had Navigation, it will NOT work with you trying to do a simple sync install. YOU MUST KNOW WHAT CAR THE APIM (sync module) IS COMING OUT OF. Also finding good prices on a harness for the sync install is getting really difficult to come by. I was able to get a full kit for under $75, it is hard to find one under $400 which I believe makes it cost prohibitive. If you can find a salvage car with sync, see if you can get these parts: mirror, map light fixture, APIM & RT side Steering wheel switch. You can buy the other 2 harnesses needed new cheap for a USB & Aux, but the Main Sync harness is what you need out of the old 2009 aftermarket Sync Kit and the prices of those are now ridicules. Once you have all those parts it is a pretty easy install and you do still need a VCMII to change the ACM ASBUILT codes so that your cluster, steering wheel switch and Audio Control Module all can communicate correctly.
I will be attacking this soon. But I didn't realize about the sync module. Damn. Let's hope it works out. I got a screen out of a Lincoln, ACM from a GT500 with NAV. and amp, woofer, wiring.
I'll probably be mixing and matching wiring since it came from a manual, and mine is a auto. fun fun fun...
You also don't have to waste your time scanning diagrams. I'll post them in PDF format. This way you'll have time for more mods
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3-1 Introduction.pdf (241.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: pdf 4-1 Symbols.pdf (163.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf 5-1 Connector Repair.pdf (348.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf 9-1 Wiring Harness Overview.pdf (134.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: pdf 10-1 Grounds.pdf (480.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf 11-1 Fuse and Realy Information.pdf (191.2 KB, 118 views)
File Type: pdf 12-1 Charging System.pdf (60.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: pdf 13-1 Power Distribution SJB.pdf (659.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf 14-1 Module Communication Network.pdf (426.3 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf 20-1 Starting System.pdf (86.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: pdf 24-1 Electronic Engine Controls - 5.0L.pdf (669.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: pdf 25-1 Electronic Engine Controls - 5.8L.pdf (845.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: pdf 26-1 Electronic Engine Controls - 3.7L.pdf (690.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf 30-1 Transmission Controls - 6R80.pdf (73.3 KB, 125 views)
File Type: pdf 31-1 Cruise Control.pdf (136.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: pdf 33-1 Cooling Fan.pdf (60.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf 37-1 Shift Interlock.pdf (57.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf 41-1 Vehicle Dynamic Suspension.pdf (82.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf 42-1 Vehicle Dynamic Systems.pdf (176.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf 43-1 Power Steering Controls.pdf (37.4 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf 44-1 Horn Cigar Lighter.pdf (45.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf 46-1 Supplemental Restraint System.pdf (232.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf 54-1 Manual Climate Control System.pdf (269.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf 55-1 Automatic Climate Control System.pdf (293.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf 56-1 Heated Window.pdf (44.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf 71-1 Cluster and Panel Illumination.pdf (110.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf 81-1 Wipers and Washers.pdf (104.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf 85-1 Headlamps Autolamps.pdf (181.3 KB, 140 views)
File Type: pdf 86-1 Fog Lamps.pdf (64.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf 89-1 Interior Lamps.pdf (240.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: pdf 90-1 Instrument Cluster.pdf (266.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: pdf 90-1 Turn Signal Stop Hazard Lamps.pdf (193.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf 92-1 Parking, Rear and License Lamps.pdf (174.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf 93-1 Reversing Lamps.pdf (121.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf 100-1 Power Windows.pdf (233.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: pdf 102-1 Overhead Console.pdf (141.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf 103-1 Convertible Top.pdf (73.6 KB, 104 views)
File Type: pdf 110-1 Power Door Locks.pdf (141.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf 112-1 Passive Anti-Theft System.pdf (37.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf 113-1 Luggage Compartment.pdf (68.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf 117-1 Remote Keyless Entry and Alarm.pdf (173.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf 118-1 Tire Pressure Monitor System.pdf (27.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: pdf 119-1 Climate Controlled Seats.pdf (89.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf 120-1 Power Seats.pdf (80.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf 124-1 Power Mirrors.pdf (162.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf 130-1 Audio and Navigation.pdf (660.5 KB, 104 views)
File Type: pdf 131-1 Parking Aid.pdf (178.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: pdf 149-1 Component Testing.pdf (318.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf 150-1 Connector Views.pdf (43.3 KB, 146 views)
File Type: pdf 151-1 Component Location Views.pdf (5.02 MB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf 152-1 Component Location Charts.pdf (46.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: pdf 160-1 Vehicle Repair Location Charts.pdf (55.3 KB, 88 views)
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #645
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by da.anthman60 View Post
Well, I completed the 2013 GT500 Cluster swap in a 2014 GT. Gauges seem to work, and did not have to alter the ASBUILT Data. When I initially plugged the cluster in, it didn't have MyColor or the Track Apps Menu, but when I did the PATS Reset/Relearn it came right up. When it asked for the vehicle information I deleted the actual VIN and replaced it with a 2013 GT500 VIN, not sure if that is what did it.

The Boost and Vaccum Gauge shows up as " --- ". Have not tested the launch control, but all the menus and options are there.

The biggest issue I had was figuring out how to navigate the IDS 90.1 Software, it was very time consuming (took maybe two hours). I had a communication error between my computer and the VCM II and it took about 30 minutes to figure out that the VCM II needed an update (which eventually I was prompted by IDS, no internet needed).

ALSO, a tip for future swappers: Be careful not to scratch your upper shroud on the steering column when doing the switch! It is very scratch prone, it is pretty cheap plastic.
Good job. Activate launch control, set RPM and mash on gas... let us know how it works, or if it does...
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #646
Registered Member
Regular

6LStrroke,
if your buddy is a Ford tech he will have the VCMII. You will need the following:
4.2 LCD Cluster (Premium or Boss)
SW6911 LH steering wheel switch
Call AutoNation in White Bear Lake MN to order your cluster. If you want a premium cluster, provide them with this VIN from a '14 Premium - 1ZVBP8CF9E5286330
If you want a Boss - 1ZVBP8CU2D5202376.
You will also need to tell them YOUR mileage. If they ask why you are replacing or what is wrong, you can say its not working for you.

Once you have the cluster, simply pry out the LH steering wheel switch and unplug
plug the new one in and pop it back into the steering wheel
Pry off the Cluster dash panel cover ( it pops off)
Undo the two 8mm screws that hold the cluster in.
Remove the cluster and unplug the harness
Plug in the new cluster and attach the 8mm screws

Have your tech do this:
Print out ASBUILT codes for this VIN 1ZVBP8CF9E5286330 (you just need the Codes following the two 720 lines)
Plug in the VCM into your OBDII port and begin a session
Perform PATS key erase (must have two keys)
Once keys are programmed, do PARAMETER RESET
Begin new session and open MODULE PROGRAMMING
Open IPC in module programming
Replace the code following the two 720 lines with the codes on the 720 sheet you printed out
Start your car and your cluster will be 100% functional with Track Apps AND it will also have a transmission temperature gauge in the gauges drop down even if you decide on a Boss Cluster
Send your base cluster back in the box they send you your new cluster and you will receive your COMPLETE core charge back in full
Enjoy
Old 01-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #647
Registered Member
Regular

@ DeerSlayer @NoTop5.0:

Just wanted to say thanks for your help on this, and for making this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-11-2015, 10:45 PM   #648
Registered Member
Regular

My next idea is converting the rest of the car to MyColor, has anyone done it before?

Center Console, Door Sill, and foot well is what I am talking about. I am pretty sure at least some of the wiring is there. I found one unused connector behind the radio and one unused connector under the center console.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #649
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
My next idea is converting the rest of the car to MyColor, has anyone done it before?

Center Console, Door Sill, and foot well is what I am talking about. I am pretty sure at least some of the wiring is there. I found one unused connector behind the radio and one unused connector under the center console.
Google it. I was reading about a guy who did it on another forum, just can't remember what forum it was on.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:03 PM   #650
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Google it. I was reading about a guy who did it on another forum, just can't remember what forum it was on.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Do you have any clue on where you saw it? I wan't one specific for a 2011-14 Mustang, not a 2005-2010 (unless 2010 and 2011 overlap).

Like I said, there are extra unused connectors in the car, but are they for MyColor? This is a picture of a console from a premium car, and it has two connectors. Does anyone know if I can buy the console, hook it up, will it work?The white one on the bottom looks to match my unused connector and does anyone know what the green one is for? It looks like both are connected to the MyColor.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/imQAAOSwirZTuEJ~/$_57.JPG

Another shot (better picture):
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img901/7525/9mKnz2.jpg

Really for the center console all I need is the cup holder and wiring. It seems like they are separate pieces. I have looked at Ford's parts website but the console is sold as one piece (excluding the outer leather, trim, and a couple other things).
Old 01-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #651
Registered Member
Regular

There is a guy on themustangsource.com that has done the entire ambient light install along with the premium cluster. He has basically converted his base to a premium
Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #652
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is a guy on themustangsource.com that has done the entire ambient light install along with the premium cluster. He has basically converted his base to a premium
Do you have a link for it by any chance?
Old 01-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #653
Registered Member
Regular

Jim did it on his older mustang, but you do the same but get the new parts for 11-14. Here is a full console with the ambient lighting for $200.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MUSTANG...922a1a&vxp=mtr
You would still need the harness and the lights in the foot wells and my color door sills. myColor Door sills $99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-12-Ford...54c3e2&vxp=mtr

Thread where he did his old car. I have read one where a guy did a '13 last year but do not remember where that was.
Factory Ambient Lighting - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Old 01-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #654
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quick question for those who have done this mod. I'm about to order my parts to do this swap but I can't decide on a boss 302 or GT500 cluster. I like the boss 302, but will launch control work without having a track key? I'm pretty sure it will with the GT500?
2013 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #655
Registered Member
Regular

^^no, launch control will not work by doing this mod no matter the cluster
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #656
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Okay thank you. I'm going to be ordering the GT500 cluster from Auto nation then. I want the 220MPH speedo. Only thing I need now is the as build codes. I'm going to ask for the ones off the vin number I'm using to order the cluster with. If I can't do that is there anyone who can give me the codes they used?
2013 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #657
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 mustang View Post
Okay thank you. I'm going to be ordering the GT500 cluster from Auto nation then. I want the 220MPH speedo. Only thing I need now is the as build codes. I'm going to ask for the ones off the vin number I'm using to order the cluster with. If I can't do that is there anyone who can give me the codes they used?

I did the GT500 swap myself, no ASBUILT codes needed. Just do then PATS reset and program your two keys. Track Apps and My Color will shown up after you do that.

Also, does anyone remember the ASBUILT Code (line 760) they used for a '14 GT?
Old 01-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #658
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Arrrgh finally got a v91 but it's a temp license. Selling dealer advises its good for three days then you have to set the date back on your computer to use it . I added the required extension which bumped my date back to October. The computer says I don't have privilege to change the date - I'm a Mac guy - how do I get to the admin source where I can change it?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #659
Registered Member
Regular

A friend got me into admin but it still doesn't want to let me be 'Master of Time, Space, and Dimension". XP...meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #660
Registered Member
Regular

tezz: if you installed DeepFreeze, it wont allow you to adjust the computer date. You have to open up Deep Freeze (Press "Shift" and double click the icon) and thaw it on next restart (second checked box). Restart your computer and then you will be able to change the date.

While we are on this topic, how do you get an unlimited product license for IDS? Even with Deep Freeze it expires within 3 days, and refuses access to IDS. I keep having to uninstall and reinstall the two programs. (V90.1)

Or should I restart then shut down the computer after each IDS use? I have not tried that, but the last time I used IDS I left the computer running and I think it was able to read the computer's date.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #661
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I'll try it again tomorrow. Memorial to go to now - fun.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #662
Registered Member
Regular

How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base mo...

The DF icon isn't showing up on the desktop but when I put the cd back in it says I can't load anything until deep freeze is deactivated. Where do I find that €%#¥% thing??
Never mind I finally found it digging around....
The vcm2 is still looking for an active license. I did set back the date which got me further into the log in but I don't have the IDS number to re activate.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #663
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
I did the GT500 swap myself, no ASBUILT codes needed. Just do then PATS reset and program your two keys. Track Apps and My Color will shown up after you do that.

Also, does anyone remember the ASBUILT Code (line 760) they used for a '14 GT?
The ASBUILT list that I printed off earlier in the year for the 14 GT that I will eventually use for my cluster install has 016A in line 760.

Wayne
Old 01-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #664
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
The ASBUILT list that I printed off earlier in the year for the 14 GT that I will eventually use for my cluster install has 016A in line 760.

Wayne
Much appreciated dude! I was about to re-ask the question because I thought it got lost Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz
The DF icon isn't showing up on the desktop but when I put the cd back in it says I can't load anything until deep freeze is deactivated. Where do I find that €%#¥% thing??
Never mind I finally found it digging around....
The vcm2 is still looking for an active license. I did set back the date which got me further into the log in but I don't have the IDS number to re activate.
Look on the bottom right there should be an icon that sits with the others (like battery level, wifi, antivirus, etc.). I know you said you're running MAC, but on Windows that is where it sits. Once you have located it, thaw the program, then restart the computer. No need to uninstall it to change the date, all you have to do is disable it.

ALSO! Do not roll back the clock with IDS v90, it is smart and it will figure out that you did that (lets just say someone learned their lesson )
Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #665
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks - I use Macs every day for work but I bought this XP Dell for just this purpose. So am I going to have to 'thaw' the program every time I want to use this thing?

Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang