How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
@Deerslayer can I install a 2013 gt500 instrument cluster on a 14' base gt?
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Saw that on bay........tough one. Personally I wouldn't try that. I think too many sensors are too different on a shelby vs a 5.0. Being different motors, everything different it would be a stretch to make everything on that to work. Besides, wait a bit, someone contacted me about a '13 track apps boss cluster. If I end up getting that one from him, I will have mine available and we know it will work for you.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Saw that on bay........tough one. Personally I wouldn't try that. I think too many sensors are too different on a shelby vs a 5.0. Being different motors, everything different it would be a stretch to make everything on that to work. Besides, wait a bit, someone contacted me about a '13 track apps boss cluster. If I end up getting that one from him, I will have mine available and we know it will work for you.

so it's confirmed that the '13 Boss with track apps cluster works with a base GT?
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Do you have Brembo's?
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

no, but I was planning on adding them down the road. are these needed to do this swap?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

You would probably have to change the ABS module. Track Packs & Brembo GTs have the same module as the Boss on like yrs. Everything should work, except for Track Apps if you did that swap.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Looking at that cluster on ebay closer, it looks like it may have had an aftermarket GT500 face installed on it. The tach hash marks are dubious. Look between 6-7k rpms. Smell something wrong with that listing.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Alrighty now........Next Phase Complete......Changed clusters as I was able to get a '13 Boss Track Apps Cluster AND get our proper mileage programmed. It is a matter of the car getting home and doing the install. I have also bought a VCM II that would allow me to do some programming and the PATS my self if we want to. Still am planning on letting my dealer doing the PATS though just to be safe.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Tested the VCMII on my truck today. Module Programming is pretty easy with this. Has some cool features that will be useful. Auto brake bleeding program, reset or reprogram any modules and a lot of other thing that i am learning. Car will be here Friday. Plan on installing the cluster this coming Saturday. I will video a "how too" so if anyone else wants to upgrade froma base cluster to a Track Apps LCD cluster. Had an old laptop that will now be a dedicated computer for the cars.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Deerslayer... Looking to buy LCD gauge cluster with the following VIN 1zvbp8cf9d5251169. Will it work for my 14' gt?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

yes it will. I just checked it out. good luck
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

It not a boss 302 it is a gt premium. Is it worth it?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

PM on its way
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
Hey Deerslayer... Looking to buy LCD gauge cluster with the following VIN 1zvbp8cf9d5251169. Will it work for my 14' gt?
Out of curiosity, where did you find the cluster? I have been looking, but can't find anything.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Car-Part.com is a great resource to find salvage clusters. Gotta be quick tho.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Doing a DANCE this morning!!!
We just installed the 2013 Boss 302 LCD Track Apps cluster in a Base '13 GT Track Pack and everything is 100% functional. Did EVERYTHING here at home. Nothing at all with the Dealer. Video and pics to come
Old 03-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Good to hear. I knew you'd eventually figure it out. ; )

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

The car got home for the first time last night. If I would not have been such a computer clutz the install doesn't take more than an hour total
Old 03-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats Deerslayer! I am good with computer software just send me a pm if you need any help.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Get that cluster and you can use my VCMII and IDS program to do the install. It was waaaay easier than what I thought it would be. In fact, I went off programming and flashed my PCM to a '13 Boss configuration. Had to reload my MPT custom tune though because when we started the car, it was programmed for a stock Boss, LOL.....Needless to say, it didnt want to run very good with no cats Turned it off and re-installed the tune via the SCT handheld.
We test drove and checked speedo is dead on checking vs. GPS
Anyone can now buy a Base model car, find a premium LCD cluster, get a steering wheel switch, VCMII (clone) and install it yourself.

Here is a crappy phone video of the cluster installed going through some of its paces:

Old 03-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Wow everything is working from the looks of the vid. Congrats!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Parts list included on the backside of this vid. pay NO attention to BOSS 320

Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

HPFury, Got the cluster yet? Big news on the thread on MS where this all started. They have solved a LOT more. No more "black box" needed to do this install a '13 LCD Cluster in a 11 or 12 Mustang. You simply need a cluster and a VCMII scan tool. HPFury, for your Premium Cluster install into your Base model '13, all we have to do is the PATS key relearn! In less than 30min (and less than $300total) your car will be a base mustang with a LCD my color Track Apps cluster installed!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
HPFury, Got the cluster yet? Big news on the thread on MS where this all started. They have solved a LOT more. No more "black box" needed to do this install a '13 LCD Cluster in a 11 or 12 Mustang. You simply need a cluster and a VCMII scan tool. HPFury, for your Premium Cluster install into your Base model '13, all we have to do is the PATS key relearn! In less than 30min (and less than $300total) your car will be a base mustang with a LCD my color Track Apps cluster installed!
No way!! im totally interested! can you send me a link? i have a base 14' gt
Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Luis, super easy for a '14, just buy a cluster from AutoNation, (boss cluster was $450 new and you pay a $300 core charge which I was reimbursed fully when I returned my POS base cluster) a 4 way cruise switch $18 same place and get someone to do PATS & PMI for your with a VCMII. I am going to install HPFury's for him since I have a VCMII.

Here is a link, tho most doesnt apply to you since you have a '14

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...14651/index45/
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Luis, super easy for a '14, just buy a cluster from AutoNation, (boss cluster was $450 new and you pay a $300 core charge which I was reimbursed fully when I returned my POS base cluster) a 4 way cruise switch $18 same place and get someone to do PATS & PMI for your with a VCMII. I am going to install HPFury's for him since I have a VCMII.
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Deerslayer I have a 14' base gt with the tech package and purchased a '13 premium LCD gauge cluster. I also ordered the left had cruise control switch and they were delivered today. A family member picked them up for me and I will let you know when I get them. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Lemme know. I will bring my VCMII over and you can begin to enjoy your car that much more
Old 03-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #65

Region: Arizona
Yeah, gonna pull the trigger to do this as well. Can't stand the stock cluster on my base 14 GT. Looking to get the 14 LCD cluster to install (don't need Boss or anything). I just don't see why they went with that goofy lower end display on a GT. Gotta cut price corners somewhere I guess....

Anyone with just a stock GT Premium display, PM me soon if you can....
TechSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Deerslayer, I have the 13GT base model. What all do I need to do this? I went to the dealer to order a cluster a while back and they said there was a lot involved because the mileage would be different. I do not have brembos so would the track apps work? That is the only reason I want it is for the track apps and of course the looks. I know I need the cluster, steering wheel control and would I need the abs sensor and what exactly is that abs sensor I would need. Thanks a lot.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Brembos have nothing to do with the track apps.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Brembos have nothing to do with the track apps.
Nothing. What they have found is that you just have to get the firmware in the cluster to communicate with your PCM. 11-14 Mustangs have the modules in place for the data to show up on the cluster already. '13 &'14 swaps are super simple, just plug n play with the steering wheel switch and install the cluster and only change the asbuilt for the ABS module for track apps to show up. For '12s now they just flash the PCM to a '13 PCM callibration which fixes the cruise problem they had and does away with the need for a "black box"
Personally, I would run an aftermarket tune if I flashed my PCM to a different model which I have done. I flashed my PCM to a '13 Boss Callibration and then downloaded my MPT Tune.
So for any Track Apps install now, you only need a Cluster, 4way Cruise Switch and a VCMII scan tool or someone who has one.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #69

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Nothing. What they have found is that you just have to get the firmware in the cluster to communicate with your PCM. 11-14 Mustangs have the modules in place for the data to show up on the cluster already. '13 &'14 swaps are super simple, just plug n play with the steering wheel switch and install the cluster and only change the asbuilt for the ABS module for track apps to show up. For '12s now they just flash the PCM to a '13 PCM callibration which fixes the cruise problem they had and does away with the need for a "black box"
Personally, I would run an aftermarket tune if I flashed my PCM to a different model which I have done. I flashed my PCM to a '13 Boss Callibration and then downloaded my MPT Tune.
So for any Track Apps install now, you only need a Cluster, 4way Cruise Switch and a VCMII scan tool or someone who has one.
So if I was running a custom bama tune on my 2013 base GT, could simply flash the needed track apps PCM stuff with a VCMII over top of the bama tune?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
uncisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So if I was running a custom bama tune on my 2013 base GT, could simply flash the needed track apps PCM stuff with a VCMII over top of the bama tune?
If you have a '13, there is no need to flash your PCM at all. You would would only need to install the switch and cluster, do the PATS key relearn/reset and change the ASBUILT codes ONLY for the ABS module. (only two codes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang