How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 22 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #736
Kevin.Cook

Do you get an error or something? Did you follow the steps in:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #737
Registered Member
Regular

I did. When I would go into the Module Programming , it would say that it isn't available. After re-reading the entire thread, it looks like V86 no longer allows it. My disk came with V81, V86, V91 & V94.
V81 wouldn't even install.
V86 allowed PATS, but not module programming.
V91 kept crashing while opening, and wouldn't communicate with the VCM tool.
V94 looked like it was going to open, but wanted me to install V96.
rdplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #738
Registered Member
Regular

V96.3 has been installed.
Error message: database & software do not match.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #739
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know I'm not gonna be much help but I have a '14 GT and just did this a month or so ago. I tried v86 but could only do so much and then tried v91 which kept giving me an error but the programmer gave in before I did and it eventually worked. It would keep giving me errors but I would just keep trying and eventually it worked. I didn't do anything special just kept repeating the instructions in this thread. I didn't try v96.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #740
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You may have to uninstall later versions than 86 then reinstall 86 with the patch - sorry it's been months and my memory is fading. I did have to take out my FR tune to get it to work then put it back once the pod was working.
tezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #741
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdplain View Post
I finally found a cluster and all the other bits needed. Got them installed, and PATS update, so the car runs.. But the as-built data is another story. My IDS clone will not give me access to the module programming no mater how many times I uninstall & reinstall, update software. I have tried both V86 & V91... I am at a loss. Any ideas? 2013 GT
I am in Austin.
This is why I gave up on doing this modification. I tried to get my IDS clone to get access to the module programming to update the info for the larger size tires I was running and could not get it to work. Luckily I had not found a cluster yet so I wasn't out that money.

I was able to access the module programming on my clone when I first got it but I guess after the subscription or whatever ran out, I couldn't anymore even after updating the software. I gave up on it.

Hopefully someone can help you out and get yours to work.

Wayne
Old 07-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #742
Registered Member
Regular

I initially installed V86 with the patch. That version actually opened and worked for PATS. I uninstalled it to try the other versions for module programming. No luck on any of it. I am tuned with the ProCal, but i uninstalled it prior to starting this whole thing. Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to keep trying this thing!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #743
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I bought my clone about a year ago and it came with the V86 and that is it. I also did the patch with no results. Unfortunately I don't have patience for this type of stuff and is why I gave up on it. I wasn't going to spend what it costs to get a new cluster with no guarantee that I could get it to work. Hopefully you can figure something out or maybe you can find a Ford dealer that will do it for you. I know one guy in this thread was able to have it done by a dealer. After my car is out of warranty I may go that route because at that point, Ford is not responsible for fixing anything and may be more receptive to do the programming it takes to complete this modification.

Wayne
Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #744
Kevin.Cook

Depends on the dealer. Most dealers WILL do this if you tell them your old cluster broke so you got another one. Tell them all you need them to do is enter the AS BUILT codes and such. But you will have to speak directly with a shop tech. DO NOT tell this to the person sitting at the front desk as they will most likely look at you with a blank face. Someone I know got the dealer to do it for $80. You will need them to enter the codes and do a PATS relearn with both keys if you have not yet.

Your car should be driveable just by doing the PATS. The other codes is usually to enable Track Apps and such. I know because I did this on my car about 9 months ago.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #745
Registered Member
Regular

Well.. Sadly I am giving up on completing this myself. I was able to get V91 to install and recognize my car after I rolled back the update on the VCM, but module programming did not work. Uninstalled V91 and installed V94, it will not run, and immediately wants to update to V96.01. After that installs, it wants to update to V96.03. After that has completed, it opens with an error about the database & software not matching.
I have an appointment with Covert Monday.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anybody want to buy a VCM?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #746
Kevin.Cook

Some good reading of me doing this and another person that I helped:

Finally...swapping cluster

Cluster question.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:47 PM   #747
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Well.. Sadly I am giving up on completing this myself. I was able to get V91 to install and recognize my car after I rolled back the update on the VCM, but module programming did not work. Uninstalled V91 and installed V94, it will not run, and immediately wants to update to V96.01. After that installs, it wants to update to V96.03. After that has completed, it opens with an error about the database & software not matching.

I will take it off your hands. Sent a pm

🇺🇸Vote Ox for July MOTM!🇺🇸

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #748
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I will take it off your hands. Sent a pm

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Lol forgot you needed one. PERFECT TIMING!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #749
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Some good reading of me doing this and another person that I helped:

Finally...swapping cluster

Cluster question.
Good read.
Question for you on the purchasing of the As-Built data. Are you purchasing the build data, or the ability to adjust the modules?
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #750
Kevin.Cook

You are purchasing a temporary subscription to Ford/Motorcraft's AS Built database. There, you can locate and print the codes you need. That is all that is for. Like $30-$35 for 72 hours if I remember correctly.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #751
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are purchasing a temporary subscription to Ford/Motorcraft's AS Built database. There, you can locate and print the codes you need. That is all that is for. Like $30-$35 for 72 hours if I remember correctly.
ahh, ok.
I was able to get the data without getting a subscription.
Motorcraft Technical Resource
click on "Quick Guides" on the left toolbar
Scroll down to "Module Build data (as built)"
Enter the VIN, and a popup will appear with the codes.
For me, it didn't work in Chrome, only in Internet Explorer
Old 07-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #752
Kevin.Cook

Hmm, guess they stopped charging. I did it 9 months ago and it required a temp subscription. Guess $30 was too trivial for them. That or hardly anyone registered. lol
Old 07-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #753
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I had the same problem. I am still running v86, and could not access module programming until I install the fordextendprogr.exe. This will add 120 days to run the programming. You may also have to disconnect it from the internet, and maybe change the date on your computer, but I got it to work again, after a year of not using it. PM me with your email if you need this file.
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #754
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTop5.0 View Post
I had the same problem. I am still running v86, and could not access module programming until I install the fordextendprogr.exe. This will add 120 days to run the programming. You may also have to disconnect it from the internet, and maybe change the date on your computer, but I got it to work again, after a year of not using it. PM me with your email if you need this file.
Finally got V96.03 uninstalled... THIS WAS A PAIN!! I had to do a system restore to get that gone. Anybody just getting started on this project, DO NOT USE V94 or V96.
V91 then installed without trouble. Still not working on the module programming. Then I saw your post... I completely FORGOT about the extended programming. I want to kick myself for wasting so much time.
Thank you for your post!! Saved me a trip to the dealership on Monday!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #755
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Finally got V96.03 uninstalled... THIS WAS A PAIN!! I had to do a system restore to get that gone. Anybody just getting started on this project, DO NOT USE V94 or V96.

V91 then installed without trouble. Still not working on the module programming. Then I saw your post... I completely FORGOT about the extended programming. I want to kick myself for wasting so much time.

Thank you for your post!! Saved me a trip to the dealership on Monday!

So now you want to sell me that thing? Haha

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #756
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So now you want to sell me that thing? Haha

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Now that I have figured out how to use it, I think I will be holding on to it.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #757
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thank goodness I'm patient lol

I have the boss cluster and the CC button but haven't got around to installing. I can run by a dealer to get the keys programmed and everything will work except track apps? Track apps requires as built data from a vin # from the car that has one? The technician can do all this you think? I don't know anyone in the Houston area who can help atm. Deerslayer went MIA on me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jvibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:14 PM   #758
Kevin.Cook

Reprogramming the keys with the new cluster will allow you to drive around. Yes, AS Built codes are just to enable track apps. Also, if you have reverse sensors, make sure to get the AS Built codes from another Premium that has the backup sensors as well. Otherwise, they WILL work, but the option to manage them WILL NOT appear in the LCD menu.

Most dealers will be ok with punching in the AS Built codes for you as long as you explain the process to them and provide them with the correct codes. I say most, but some areas are lazy/unwilling.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #759
Registered Member
Regular

So my free trial of V91 is now over, and I am trying to uninstall it, and reinstall V86. IDS is NOT happy. I found this info on the Motorcraft site.
IDS Troubleshooting

Run the IDS Cleanup utility. Works like a charm!
Old 08-12-2015, 08:08 AM   #760

Region: Kentucky
So I have read completely thru this thread, watched a couple of YouTube videos, and think this is a non complicated Mod for 13/14 owners. However I did not notice any V6 Owners replying to the thread though. My situation is I have a 2014 Base V6 with performance package that I would love to add some of the Premium options to like the cluster upgrade.

My concern of course is doing anything to void the warranty since I have only 9K miles on my Stang. Wondering if anyone had the dealer do cluster upgrade swapping the base, eg order the part thru their parts department, have them do the swap / Pats reprogram just to keep the service history and Odometer accuracy to avoid any warranty issues.

I figure then I could just use the ABS codes for a 2014 Premium V6 with Performance Package (already found a vin and verified by pulling up org factory sticker) and and ECM II and turn on the MyColor / Track Apps options myself. I could ask tech, but my local dealership is pretty big and doesn't strike me as the place that would not conform to Ford policy. So I am wondering if I can just approach them as treating this as your typical Ford Mustang customization, much like asking them to install stuff you buy off Ford Racing website. Opinions or Experiences?
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #761

Region: Connecticut
Selling my cluster with a new lens 3,000+ miles

$370 shipped paypal
Blown13Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #762

Here is a picture

Cluster
Old 09-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #763
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown13Coyote View Post
Cluster
You probably want to post this in the classifieds. No one is going to be looking for a cluster for sale in the how-to section. lol
Old 09-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #764
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
You probably want to post this in the classifieds. No one is going to be looking for a cluster for sale in the how-to section. lol

Except for the tons of people who subd this thread who want to do the swap.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #765
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Except for the tons of people who subd this thread who want to do the swap.
I guess that can be true. I changed my settings to not sub any thread. Lol
Old 09-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #766

I guess i'm to new to apply pictures

Already have some interest. But will try the classifieds also.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #767
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown13Coyote View Post
Already have some interest. But will try the classifieds also.
Awesome. Regardless, it for sure will go quick. Its one of those items you need for a mod that doesnt come around often.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #768
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
For the V86 you need to crack the IDS software to allow module programing. Ill have to look at where it is with the file i was sent but it was included. V94 is a waste to install unless its in a VM. But when its like that its hard as hell to use and you obviously have to update the tool to the V94. V86 worked just fine on my 2014 so noone else should have any issues
tsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #769
Registered Member
Regular

If you are looking for a cluster you should search on LKQ. I got a 13' Premium with about 25k miles for $50 . I got real lucky, just waiting on my car to reach that mileage so I can swap it out. Hopefully, wont have any problems with versions for the programmer.
visback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #770

Region: Florida
So, anyone attempt to install a 2015 cluster? FYI, I have zero clue if they are the same size or anything. I just happen to ride in a friend's car, saw the nicer looking, full sweeping gagues and thought they looked a LOT nicer.

Kevins89notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang