How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 28 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #946
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I just had my dealer do it, 50$. I thought about ordering one but when would I use it again? And I believe the software that comes with it gets married to whatever its installed on, meaning if you want to sell it that person must be prepared to re buy the licence for it.

LG G4
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #947
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSlashDashX View Post
Wow, I was just looking into this last night. 😂 just need to find a premium cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Pm me and I'll sell ya a cluster

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #948
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
This has been a great thread. I've been following it a while. Still trying to get the courage up to do it myself. It's on a long list of planned mods...
DLeader17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #949
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Well, VCM came today, was only $110 shipped. Software was on a Sony burned DVD. Came with vmware player and a Virtual machine to use. The Virtual Machine failed spectacularly saying IDS expired. Nothing I could do to get it to work. Luckily I had already downloaded v86.

Note: Windows 10 does not work. Created a new Windows 7 Virtual Machine, installed the v86 and it worked like a charm.

Oddly enough, only had to do the PATS reset. After that Track Apps showed up. Many thanks to Deer Slayer and others for making this possible!
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #950

Region: Georgia
I'm not sure if this is an incredibly stupid question or not, but I just finished my gauge swap from a base 2014 gauge to a 2014 premium gauge and now whenever I put the car in reverse the LCD screen switched to the back up assist screen where it shows the options for on and off. I have gone through and selected off for this setting with the car off and with the car on but no matter what it keeps popping up when the car goes in reverse. Is this normal or is there something wrong? I don't have the rear park assist option, my car was a base GT with brembos. I don't know if maybe this is from the previous owner or if I need to try and go back into IDS and update the ICM numbers to a car that didn't have rear parking assist? Maybe? If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was one of the few that didn't change the ICM AS BUILT data, after the PATS relearn, Track Apps were already there.

Edit: Looking at it again, it appears that it isn't saving the setting when I select the park assist as off. It acts like it saves but then if you go back into the setting, nothing is selected again.
SterlingGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #951
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base mo...

Get as built data for a car without backup assist and it will be gone. First vin that i used pput backup assist in the cluster. Mine does not have it so now its gone with proper as built
Old 06-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #952
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx92coupe View Post
Get as built data for a car without backup assist and it will be gone. First vin that i used pput backup assist in the cluster. Mine does not have it so now its gone with proper as built
Bingo!
Try this as built code:
ICM*720-01-01 F798 EF61 08
ICM*720-02-01 F80F 0000 31
rdplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #953

Region: Alabama
Hello all, just registered here so I could post in this thread. Bought a Premium cluster for mine over 6 weeks ago and have spent most of the time since trying to find someone to program it for me. After a couple dealers acting like they didn't want to do it or not being able to access my ECM (no idea why), I decided to buy a VCM clone off EBay and do it myself. Of course as my luck goes, I cannot get my laptop to recognize the clone. I get the 'installing device driver' notification when I plug it up but it always fails a minute or two later. The green light on the VCM signalling that it is hooked to a PC comes on for a couple secs then goes back off (the power on comes on and stays on). The VCM does beep when first plugged in.

I have downloaded this software :https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro...re-ford-vcm-ii as well as V86 inside a VM on my Win7 laptop. Even if I open the Bosch software it won't detect the VCM. Am I missing a driver somewhere or have gotten the luck of the draw with a bad clone?

I am close to being done with this and just selling the cluster but I'm trying to have more patience.

FWIW I did try plugging the VCM into my gaming PC and never got the driver error and the light (PC connection) flashed every few seconds. I then tried installing the Bosch software to that PC and it still said no VCM connected.
Dave_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #954

Region: California
Hi all, is there anyone in the Sacramento area that can help me program my cluster? My car is a 2013, I have the cluster, cc switch, ASBUILT data and both keys. I don't trust the dealerships out here and do not have a VCM. I'm willing to throw a little money your way and I'm willing to travel up to an hour or so. Thanks, - Lee
MadeULook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #955
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeULook View Post
Hi all, is there anyone in the Sacramento area that can help me program my cluster? My car is a 2013, I have the cluster, cc switch, ASBUILT data and both keys. I don't trust the dealerships out here and do not have a VCM. I'm willing to throw a little money your way and I'm willing to travel up to an hour or so. Thanks, - Lee
travel 2.5 hrs to fresno !
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
travel 2.5 hrs to fresno !
That is pretty much where I'm at, if there isn't anyone closer. I'm really appreciative of yours and your peeps help, I'm just dreading 3 hours, each way on a day off. My work wants to send me down there (and pay mileage), I'm just having issues getting it scheduled.
MadeULook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #957

I have a 2014 base GT and looking to install a 2014 premium cluster in it. Is there anyone in CA northbay that would be able to help out with the programming of the new cluster as i do not have a VCM with IDS.
BlackoutS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #958
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutS197 View Post
I have a 2014 base GT and looking to install a 2014 premium cluster in it. Is there anyone in CA northbay that would be able to help out with the programming of the new cluster as i do not have a VCM with IDS.
Do you have a cool dealer? Mine did my Cluster programming for $75.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Do you have a cool dealer? Mine did my Cluster programming for $75.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I called them and asked and they had no idea what I was talking about but said they could maybe try but no promises on it working I talked to the shop foreman
BlackoutS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #960
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
Hello all, just registered here so I could post in this thread. Bought a Premium cluster for mine over 6 weeks ago and have spent most of the time since trying to find someone to program it for me. After a couple dealers acting like they didn't want to do it or not being able to access my ECM (no idea why), I decided to buy a VCM clone off EBay and do it myself. Of course as my luck goes, I cannot get my laptop to recognize the clone. I get the 'installing device driver' notification when I plug it up but it always fails a minute or two later. The green light on the VCM signalling that it is hooked to a PC comes on for a couple secs then goes back off (the power on comes on and stays on). The VCM does beep when first plugged in.

I have downloaded this software :https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro...re-ford-vcm-ii as well as V86 inside a VM on my Win7 laptop. Even if I open the Bosch software it won't detect the VCM. Am I missing a driver somewhere or have gotten the luck of the draw with a bad clone?

I am close to being done with this and just selling the cluster but I'm trying to have more patience.

FWIW I did try plugging the VCM into my gaming PC and never got the driver error and the light (PC connection) flashed every few seconds. I then tried installing the Bosch software to that PC and it still said no VCM connected.
This is why I never did the swap on my 14 GT. I bought the clone VCM with V86 and bought a used windows 7 laptop and never could get my car to recognize the VCM. Luckily I never bought the cluster so I'm just out the money for the VCM and the CC switch.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #961
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post

I got the right driver and was successful with a clone in windows 7. Since the app quit working on my iphone I don't come here much anymore

13 GT stage 1 Roush TVS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang