How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
If you have a '13, there is no need to flash your PCM at all. You would would only need to install the switch and cluster, do the PATS key relearn/reset and change the ASBUILT codes ONLY for the ABS module. (only two codes)
Will the dealer do this? If so, would this make the only thing I have to do is buy the cluster and install it and the steering wheel switch?
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
Will the dealer do this? If so, would this make the only thing I have to do is buy the cluster and install it and the steering wheel switch?

I doubt the dealer would. IMO but if your worried about the warranty I understand.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Dealer will not. They told me the part was not compatible with my car.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't thinking about warranty, I just don't know anything about the computer stuff. I don't know anyone who has that vcmII or whatever its called either, I don't even know what that is. I could do the physical installation but flashing and changing codes, I would be lost.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wasn't thinking about warranty, I just don't know anything about the computer stuff. I don't know anyone who has that vcmII or whatever its called either, I don't even know what that is. I could do the physical installation but flashing and changing codes, I would be lost.

Green 5.0 understood. I am lucky that Deerslayer lives in my area as I had the same concerns. He can provide the details on the vcmii. My Car is my only dd and I can't afford not to have it. I will post pics of mine as well.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Yes, please post pics! I wish he lived closer to me, but it would be cheaper to purchase the VCMii than travel to him.

I'm good with computers, so I'm hoping someone in my local Mustang club has one.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

LOL...Our car too is my son's DD and he had to head back to school with it and like others, no way could be afford for it to be "down" for any amount of time.
I had no knowledge of the VCMII scan tool and the IDS software when I bought it. I practiced a few things on my Ford F150 to play around with it. I found that it is pretty easy to use.
Your questions regarding a dealer doing any of this........You would need to "know" or be able to talk to the tech himself to explain what you need done as I am certain that this is not something you could just ask a dealer to do. This is Ford's way of controlling their "packages" that you buy for their cars. To get this cluster in a '13, you would have to also get the entire PREMIUM package too. That is over 3k and if you dont want all the other stuff in that package, tough 5H!7. Ford could make a lot of $ if they offered to do it as a modification. It OBVIOUSLY can be done with their tools, the just don't offer it. On HPFury's car, we will do the following:
Install the steerig wheel switch
Install the Cluster (physically)
Begin a session with the scan tool
Do the security (PATS RELEAN/RESET) this programs you keys to work with the cluster
Check and start the car/check functionality of cluster and Track Apps
If Track Apps does not appear in the menu > change ASBUILT data in the ABS module
Check cluster for functionality

You can buy a cluster from an online dealer, but you have to give them a VIN from a car that has the cluster you WANT. There are a ton of usable VIN numbers on auctions on ebay. You also tell them your mileage when ordering a new cluster and they will set it for you. You do pay a core charge, but send your cluster back in after the install and the reimburse you. I paid a $300 core charge for the Boss Cluster and sent my base analog gauge cluster back in and was reimbursed my full $300. The cluster change physically along with the switch is as easy as it gets. The only tool you need for the whole project is a 8mm socket. Everything else snaps in and out.

**I will clarify, a dealer would probably do the PATS RELEARN/RESET for you which would make your cluster work, however, it would not have the goodies like Track Apps & the multiple digital gauges. Before we changed the ASBUILT on our ABS module, the cluster worked, just no track apps. It just shows everything in the menu except Track Apps and when you switch to "gauges" it only shows a mustang logo and miles to empty.
If you were able to talk to a tech that did the work, ask him if he would change the asbuilt codes for the ABS. In the end, you will probably pay the dealer the same amount to do these things for the cost of you buying the clone VCMII
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

thanks a lot deerslayer. Where would I find this vcmII? If it is easy to use, maybe I could try it.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

I bought the one I have from this site:

Best Quality Ford VCM II IDS 86V OEM Diagnostic Tool Multi-language
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 03-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have a brand new 14 base gt , very interested in doing this cluster upgrade to my new car , so all I need is a new track app cluster and it's all plug and play from there ??
dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Dentman43. I decided to go a different route and have these parts. PM me if interested and can give all the details. Thx.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Got Cluster w/90 warranty and new cruise control switch. Will explain everything if you want to go this route.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Ya HP I'm thinking very seriously this will be the route I want to go with this
Old 03-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

PM me your phone number and I will explain everything. Thx. Deerslayer is the expert though lol I just have the parts.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool 708-674-3639 , send me a txt to make sure u got my number
Old 03-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool 708-674-3639 , send me a txt to make sure u got
number
Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Fury, if dentman doesn't want this, I do for sure. Just pm me if he doesn't want it and I will get it.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:23 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Green5.0 PM me if ya want it.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Hp I'm going to pass on it for now , u can sell it to Green 5.0
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
love this tread it was the exact thing i was looking for im looking to get the cluster now
WARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

one thing I forgot to ask is will my odometer be able to be changed so it shows the true miles on the car? I don't want my mileage to be changed. Not like its low or anything but I want it to show the true mileage on the odometer. thanks.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
Hp I'm going to pass on it for now , u can sell it to Green 5.0

Thanks for getting back to me. Green5.0 PM sent. Here is what you will get.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396363729.454802.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	741.8 KB
ID:	152593
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
one thing I forgot to ask is will my odometer be able to be changed so it shows the true miles on the car? I don't want my mileage to be changed. Not like its low or anything but I want it to show the true mileage on the odometer. thanks.

Yes but you will have to send your car's cluster & your car's VIN and the premium cluster to the following company. They are the only ones that do this: Here is a place they guys were sending theirs to get the Ido reset:
United Radio Auto Div
5717 Enterprise Pkwy
E Syracuse NY 13057
1 800 448 0944. Ask for Bob
Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

The stealership will not do this for you BTW. Or you can switch back to the old cluster when you take it in for service. Let me know if you still want it because There are two more folks that want it.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hello all, just to let people now that I was able to install a 2013 GT500 cluster in a 2013 base GT. Did the PATS relearn, and PCM reset. Thats it. Even if my base speedo is a 160mph, and the GT500 is a 200mph, the speed showing is correct as i checked it with a elm327 dongle with app. Track apps seem to work. The most time consuming was waiting for the security screening during the VCM programing. Props to DeerSlayer for this thread, and pointing all the directions. Now my mileage is at 2900 miles instead of 25000 miles.. I guess I have to live with that one for now.
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Now if somebody can point me in the direction for pulling the infotainment from a shelby to a base GT...what is needed besides the screen.
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Hi guys wondering I have the 14 mustang gt base model that I have purchased the 14 premium cluster with the steering wheel adapter. My question is I had Ford program it already, is there a way to get the track packs and halos back?
lilediselec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Did you have Ford install it?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

If you have a base model car and buy a premium cluster and have a dealer install it, they will just install it as a simple cluster with no track apps, my color etc. Unless you can talk the technician into entering ASBUILT data into your module programming on your car, nothing will be available. It is always in your cluster, the module programming is what makes it accessible. That is why we get the VCMII tool and do the install ourselves. This enables you to enter the data you need to access the goodies that are in your cluster. I am surprised Ford doesnt offer this at a price.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilediselec View Post
Hi guys wondering I have the 14 mustang gt base model that I have purchased the 14 premium cluster with the steering wheel adapter. My question is I had Ford program it already, is there a way to get the track packs and halos back?

Liledeselec did the dealership transfer the mileage from one cluster to the other?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
Liledeselec did the dealership transfer the mileage from one cluster to the other?

Also how long did it take the dealership to get all the work done?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
i bought the cluster third party, and had the mileage put on it from them. so everything works have had it in my car for better part of a year did it a month after my initial purchase. Deerslayer whats one of the programmers going for and where can i pick up the asbuilt data?
lilediselec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

The VCMII tools are now going for under $200 shipped from the link I posted
Here is a link where you can get all of the ASBUILT data you need. You need to copy this link, paste it into the nav bar, and replace the existing VIN in the link with a VIN of a car that matches what you have (Man/Auto) but has LCD w/ Track Apps. You can browse ebay of many sites to find a car with what you are looking for and plug in that VIN in this link and it will load ALL of the asbuilt data for the car. Print that out and keep for reference to enter when you have a VCM. It will ask you for the data and you simply type it in the boxes for the ABS module which is lines 720-01-01 & 720-02-01
As Built Request - 1ZVBP8CF6D5257592
Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #104

Will this sites programs work if I use the VIN from an auto transmission w/ Track Apps (Since I have an auto with base display) but I order the Boss 302 cluster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
The VCMII tools are now going for under $200 shipped from the link I posted
Here is a link where you can get all of the ASBUILT data you need. You need to copy this link, paste it into the nav bar, and replace the existing VIN in the link with a VIN of a car that matches what you have (Man/Auto) but has LCD w/ Track Apps. You can browse ebay of many sites to find a car with what you are looking for and plug in that VIN in this link and it will load ALL of the asbuilt data for the car. Print that out and keep for reference to enter when you have a VCM. It will ask you for the data and you simply type it in the boxes for the ABS module which is lines 720-01-01 & 720-02-01
As Built Request - 1ZVBP8CF6D5257592
iceman1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Iceman, just enter the data for the ABS that I sent you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang