How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Thank you btw happy Easter everyone .
Cheers
lilediselec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilediselec View Post
Hi guys wondering I have the 14 mustang gt base model that I have purchased the 14 premium cluster with the steering wheel adapter. My question is I had Ford program it already, is there a way to get the track packs and halos back?
I don't understand everything, but the only thing I did was did PATS, then reset the PCM. The apps and halos work. Didn't do anything else, not even the ASBuilt.
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks deerslayer order the vcm today so will probably being asking you how to upload the asbuilt data onto it so I can get the track apps and halos...finally
Old 04-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Was it possible that Track Apps came out only for 2013 model year?
NoTop5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It has to do with the modules (ABS) in '13 and newer models.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Iceman1019 --- Lets see some pics! Another Base Model '13 with a Track Apps enabled Boss Cluster is on the road! Good talking to ya
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 04-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
DEERSLAYER - (what state are you in)
few questions... Why did you want the Boss Cluster? Does the 2013 Boss cluster allow you to program what gauge you want in the center.. and the standard does not? Or is it the only one that has A/F gauge? And one last question. When removing and installing the needles for the speedo and tach and so forth.... Is there a process that works better?
I have a 2014 Base GT Does anyone have the part number for the 2014 Premium cluster.
Thanks
GMAN211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Gman211, I am in AustinTX. Got the Boss Cluster mainly for the font and it is a 180mph speedo. Both premium and Boss can put single gauges in the center, accelerometer, oil pressure, cylinder temp, inlet air temp, Air Ratio, trans fluid temp, and some others I am sure I may be forgetting. You would only need to remove the needles if you are going to change the face plate. Some are getting a premium cluster and buying a boss type font face plate from Black Cat Customs, but beyond that, the physical part of replacing your cluster takes only 1 8mm socket and about 5 minutes MAX. The programming the cluster to talk to your PCM is the tricky part. You need the VCMII to do that because a dealer will not unlock all of the goodies like Track Apps, the gauges and Mycolor if you have a Base. Where people are making mistakes when trying to do this is calling a dealer and telling them straight up you want a premium cluster and giving them info that you have a base car. Ford DOESNT want that. You have to be creative and have a VIN number ready for car that is a 13 or 14 with the TrackApps cluster. You can find a bunch of them on ebay for sale. Simply copy THAT ViN and provide that number if you want a LCD cluster. I do know a couple of people who have bought upgrade clusters from their dealer and they install them. They only work as a base cluster tho (no track apps or gauges or mycolor) until you find someone or get a VCMII to change the ASBUILT for you in the module programmimg, so there ARE some dealers out there that will at least let you purchase an upgrade cluster and they will do the basic install for you. Takes 5min for the other programming if a dealer has done the initial install.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Another cluster Down for deerslayer anybody can do this as he showed me over the past 2 nights we got track apps and the cluster colors working in a matter of minutes.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
we got track apps and the cluster colors working in a matter of minutes.
BOOM!! It was cool meeting another Mustang guy. Told you it is SO much better with everything enabled. BTW, give me a shout when you get a chance, I have the codes to enable the Transmission Fluid Temp Gauge with the others if you want.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #116

Region: West Virgina
Pics of mine to come soon. Thanks to Deerslayer for all the help!!!!!
iceman1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Iceman.....you are a one of a kind. You are the first person to have a Boss 302 Track Apps Cluster that is programmed for an automatic with Sport Shift AND a Transmission Temperature Gauge all in a Boss Cluster.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

On another forum were saying that FORD is starting to find out what we are doing and some dealers are raising the prices... and others are stating that FORD is asking for the Premium Cluster as a core return not the base.
Deerslayer - Do you have a step by step or a video process on how this is done... I notice all teh VCM are all out side the US.... WHY? I also notice that they are slowly starting to go up in price.
GMAN211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

0-60 acceleration

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399030323754.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	155654  
Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

My color finally up and running

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399030366216.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	155655  
Old 05-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

That cluster & font looks so much better than the '13 premium cluster & font. I you have 5min again, we can get the transmission gauge for you. It will also show on your cluster if you go into sport shift mode.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I notice all teh VCM are all out side the US.... WHY? I also notice that they are slowly starting to go up in price.
The VCMII we buy is a clone. Not the most ethical thing to do, but I transgress every once in a while I dont know what site you are looking at, because they have gone down in price a lot since I bought mine. I bought mine for 203 plus shipping. Now they are like 175 plus shipping. It is an unbelievable tool. There is SO much you can do with it. Not only keys, but bleed brakes, compression tests, and make endless changes to every aspect of your car. (turn seatbelt warnings, auto lock, change colors and operations of too much to mention. Clone or not, it is freak'n awesome.

Quote:
On another forum were saying that FORD is starting to find out what we are doing and some dealers are raising the prices... and others are stating that FORD is asking for the Premium Cluster as a core return not the base.
That spawned from a Facebook post on Anything Coyote Mustang Related. (I know the SVT post you are talking about)
On the FB post, a guy got on saying he knows a TASCO rep or something and he is said to have heard Ford was sending memo's out.
First off....You CAN actually BUY a premium cluster from a dealer and they will even install it as a Base operated cluster.......ask lilediselec. The dealer wont activate Track Apps or MyColor for you tho.
If you call any online dealer, and tell them..."Hey, I want to buy a Boss cluster and send you back a base cluster." what do you think they are going to say?
I spelled out MANY times how to order one. I along with many others have had no problems getting back 100% of our core charges. I have not had a single person say they didn't get it back, just these rumors, so until someone actually comes forward and says they got denied, it is just a rumor. That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't shut down people buying the Boss clusters. There is another legal option tho. Buy a premium cluster and now Black Cat Customs has a 2013 Boss Type faceplate you can put on in place of the premium face.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Hey DeerSlayer. I'm Thinking about Getting the Prem. cluster For my 13 Vert 5.0. Question for you Sir. I live in Corpus Christi.... I'm thinking maybe once i get the Cluster i Might make it a road trip up there to you if you can Help this Mustang Owner out. What do you say Brother!!!!
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Joe, c'mon. I will install it for u no problem at my house. You bring the beer
Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

I'll bring the supercharger 😁

Old 05-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
['ll bring the supercharger ������
LOL...We have too much on the plate for trhe Carbon Horse.....my bench and shop are cluttered with parts ready to install.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Yes brother I'm almost done now that we got that done brakes supercharger fatty tires done

Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Joe, c'mon. I will install it for u no problem at my house. You bring the beer
The question I have now is...... what kind of beer do I need to buy? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The question I have now is...... what kind of beer do I need to buy? Lol
LOL...any.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

so if I make the trip from MA to hang with some cool people and drink beer, you'll install it and do the programming?

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

you said the boss gauge only works with the track pack right?

more to come...
Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Road trip for all?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you said the boss gauge only works with the track pack right?
No, the Boss gauge will work with any '13 or '14. Last week I helped Iceman install a Boss cluster into a '13 base model automatic. We even got the extra transmission temp gauge to show up in the Boss cluster as well as the Select Sport Shift lights.
The one thing we can not figure out is how to get MyColor to be an option in a Boss cluster. Looks like it is a firmware difference. The Boss cluster has the ability to change colors, when you insert the key into the ignition, the Boss cluster will flash all different colors, pinks & purples, greens and blues, reds and yellows, but never the same. Even loading AS-BUILT data for a premium with mycolor the option does not show up in the Boss cluster.

If you want my color, you need a premium cluster.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

So I can road trip to TX from MA for and install party? where other than a dealership can I get the boss gauge cluster

more to come...
Old 05-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

No need to road trip, lilediselec is in Maryland and Iceman was in WV. I helped walk them through it over the phone for the install and programming. If you get the VCMII tool, I can walk anyone through it over the phone.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

I need an excuse to visit texas lol. Ive never been and have been wanting to go for a while lol.

more to come...
Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Looks great man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
anoa324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #138

Region: Arizona
Ok so I've been following the the posts here as well as the other site and just have a couple of questions.

I've ordered the VCM tool and I'm getting ready to order the Switch, ABS Module, and Cluster. Is this all that I need to swap everything into my 2012? Also should I get the 2014 Cluster or the 2013 BOSS Cluster? Will either cluster allow me to retain the MyColor function?

I noticed on the other site, there is instructions with regards to retaining the cruise control feature I'd have to re-run wires and splice into another harness, is this still the case?

Sorry for the silly questions, but wanted to make sure I get what I need before I waste money lol.
AZMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

For a '12, you will need to run a wire from your cruise switch if you want it to operate exactly how the button reads I think. Ask DMHines or Jim on the other thread on MustangSource. They both have converted their '12's to accommodate the '13 Track Apps Clusters. If I remember right, the cruise will work with just the things you have, but the order is off. Like Set is + or resume is - . Something like that. Ask them about the ABS module as well. I have heard two different things regarding the ABS Module. I am not an expert on the '12s, but you can PM those guys and they will help you out.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Subscribing.

Deerslayer, the total cost of this install is ~$800? Premium cluster, VCMII tool, and that $18 steering wheel switch? Assuming no core.

Can you bypass the dealership altogether and do the PATS relearn via the VCMII?

Sheeeeeeeee-it...... I think I might have another project for this summer!

----edit---

post #77 has the steps outlined, nice n' simple. If I do this and it works, Imma get your address and mail you a case of beer. Just sayin'.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang