How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
what are the codes for the boss cluster?

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #212

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
The VCMII tools are now going for under $200 shipped from the link I posted
Here is a link where you can get all of the ASBUILT data you need. You need to copy this link, paste it into the nav bar, and replace the existing VIN in the link with a VIN of a car that matches what you have (Man/Auto) but has LCD w/ Track Apps. You can browse ebay of many sites to find a car with what you are looking for and plug in that VIN in this link and it will load ALL of the asbuilt data for the car. Print that out and keep for reference to enter when you have a VCM. It will ask you for the data and you simply type it in the boxes for the ABS module which is lines 720-01-01 & 720-02-01
As Built Request - 1ZVBP8CF6D5257592
There you go Ruby, click the link to open the build data page then from there go to your browser bar and replace the VIN number there with that of a 2013 boss and reload the page. After that just copy or write down the 720s.
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #213

What needs to be changed to enable the rearview cam ?
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #214

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dineau View Post
What needs to be changed to enable the rearview cam ?
Nothing, It's not related to the cluster. It's wired into the navigation screen if your car has the factory options.
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
How exactly do you change the switch? Do you have to take off the air bag and everything? Or does it pop in?
yacob454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base mo...

I'm asking this here because I assume I will get a good answer from you guys. I have a 2011 GT premium and was wondering if I bought another GT premium gauge cluster from eBay will I just be able to plug it in and use it or will it have to be programmed to work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

alright I need help. I have the cluster in, the button in, I have the vcm 2 and the ids software, when I try to connect the vcm to mycomputer it says multiple vcm 2s are connected. anybody got any ideas?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Does your VCM have a dongle wifi port? You could be hard wired and wifi connected.
Go to the screen where you can check your connection. On that screen , you can choose your VCMII
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

okay I got that figured out, that was it. did you have to have two keys to do pats relearn?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

ok got everything working. trackapps, pats relearn but now I have an airbag light on in the cluster. any ideas? the computer reads description: B0096 right side restraints sensor 1 failure type 93. I tried clearing it but it comes back on
Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

what year is your car?
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 06-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

No feedback on my question?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

my car is a 2013 with a 2013 cluster
Old 06-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No feedback on my question?
Knight, for an '11, there is quite a bit more you have to do to get everything operable. If you are willing to spend quite a bit and do a LOT, it is possible, but by no means is it remotely plug and play. You need to replace your ABS module, flash your PCM, rewire your steering wheel and or get a "black box" from Zeroaviation on the Mustang Source thread. I am by no means the guy to talk to about what all you need to do for an '11, but on the MS thread, there are quite a few older mustang guys that have done the install.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Got that track pack status!!!, but with an air bag light to too it off. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	159551  
Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

I've cleared the airbag code with the vcm as well. But as soon as it clears it comes right back
Old 06-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

I want to put another cluster in mine just like the one that is in my already. . For if like a gauge goes out or some leds go bad. Is there any programming required for that? To replace my cluster with one just like the one I have?

Old 06-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

Plug and play if you go back with a cluster like you have
Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
DeerSlayer -
I noticed BlackCat Custom has two different style of the Boss 302 cluster.
Black Cat Custom Automotive - 2013-2014 Ford Mustang Gauge Faces

Is that so we can enjoy MYCOLOR? With the standard Boss cluster can you not enjoy MyColor?
GMAN211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Mods, just an idea - could you sticky this? Either here or in the DIY section? For future reference!
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

GMan, the real Boss Cluster does not have myColor. You can get a premium cluster and install a Boss faceplate and have the "look" and font of a Boss Cluster but enjoy myColor. The two Boss faces are for the LCD and non LCD clusters. The one I bought, I sold to a person who has a premium Track Apps Cluster and he now has a Boss Look Cluster with myColor. Looks pretty cool. He has pics of it on the Mustang Source thread. (DMHines)
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacob454 View Post
I've cleared the airbag code with the vcm as well. But as soon as it clears it comes right back

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Wayne
Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, he has everything functioning correctly.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, thanks. Is there a procedure written anywhere on how to do the PATS relearn and is using the VCM II to change the ABS module codes pretty self explanatory? How do you change out the switch on the steering wheel? Thanks.

Wayne
Old 06-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

If you get a VCMII and IDS software, it is really pretty easy. I mean, the program is written for mechanic to use, so it is not like deciphering code. IDS is pretty basic, pick a program, it will tell you what to do, once you do it, you check the box and go to the next step.
PATS is in the security section. Open it and follow the instructions. There is also a tab for ASBUILT. Pick that and follow the instructions.
The steering wheel switch will pry out by hand, unplug and plug in the new one, Snap it all back in. For everything we are talking about, you will need a plastic pry tool or screw driver and an 8mm socket. That is it.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you get a VCMII and IDS software, it is really pretty easy. I mean, the program is written for mechanic to use, so it is not like deciphering code. IDS is pretty basic, pick a program, it will tell you what to do, once you do it, you check the box and go to the next step.
PATS is in the security section. Open it and follow the instructions. There is also a tab for ASBUILT. Pick that and follow the instructions.
The steering wheel switch will pry out by hand, unplug and plug in the new one, Snap it all back in. For everything we are talking about, you will need a plastic pry tool or screw driver and an 8mm socket. That is it.

Thanks for the info. I was looking online at the different sources for buying the VCM II. Does all of the VCM II's for sale also come with the IDS software or does this have to be bought separately? I really couldn't tell from any of the listings other than one of them said that you had to have the IDS software for the tool to work. I just want to make sure I buy the right thing. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Is it possible to do this in a v6

🚗
Cruz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I was looking online at the different sources for buying the VCM II. Does all of the VCM II's for sale also come with the IDS software or does this have to be bought separately? I really couldn't tell from any of the listings other than one of them said that you had to have the IDS software for the tool to work. I just want to make sure I buy the right thing. Thanks.
Buy it from the seller that I listed and make sure you get v86 IDS. I KNOW that IDS included with that unit from that seller. Others, I have no idea. The price has dropped SO much it is ridicules. Even if you dont do a cluster swap, this tool is WELL worth this price.
Best Quality Ford VCM II IDS 86V OEM Diagnostic Tool Multi-language

Quote:
Is it possible to do this in a v6
Yes, no difference at all
Old 06-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
FYI - the steering wheel switch is on national back order. With no in stock date. So.... For what's its worth...
I'm still waiting on mine.... eBay is the best choice at the moment...
GMAN211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
FYI - the steering wheel switch is on national back order.
Wow, I wonder how many clusters Ford has sold too They should offer to do this themselves and capitalize since there is obviously a market for this.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Buy it from the seller that I listed and make sure you get v86 IDS. I KNOW that IDS included with that unit from that seller. Others, I have no idea. The price has dropped SO much it is ridicules. Even if you dont do a cluster swap, this tool is WELL worth this price.

Ok, thanks.

Wayne
Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I've ordered a VCM II tool and the cruise control switch. Now just have to save a little more money for the instrument cluster. I had a chance to buy a 2013 GT500 cluster for $300 but I didn't know for sure if it would work on my 14 base model GT so I passed.

Wayne
Old 06-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had a chance to buy a 2013 GT500 cluster for $300 but I didn't know for sure if it would work on my 14 base model GT so I passed.
It would work. There are a few guys running GT500 clusters. Some stuff doesnt work right with them tho like launch control and your red line is of course off. Better off getting a Boss or Premium Cluster
Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It would work. There are a few guys running GT500 clusters. Some stuff doesnt work right with them tho like launch control and your red line is of course off. Better off getting a Boss or Premium Cluster

That is what I figured and I would have had to have the mileage reset since the GT500 cluster only had about 2,400 miles on it and mine is over 7,000 miles now. I also want the automatic tranny temp gauge which I'm sure the GT500 cluster would not be able to show.

I'm going to go with the premium cluster.

Wayne
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Would thus tool allow me to turn on my day time running lights and dealer functions like that in my 2011?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang