How to install a 2013 Mustang Track Apps Instrument Cluster in a 2013 Base model GT - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I got everything working but currently still have the air bag light on. You can get the switch on ebay for around 25 bucks. Part number is sw-6911

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
yacob454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
And the vcm/ids is pretty user friendly if you know how to use a computer.

Though!!! My would Not! work on my windows 7 or 8 laptop. I had to buy a old gateway windows xp laptop (brick) of craigslist. 40 bucks

yacob454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What wold prevent you from gaining entry into the module programming?
I get a SELECTION NOT AVAILABLE?
GMAN211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacob454 View Post
And the vcm/ids is pretty user friendly if you know how to use a computer.

Though!!! My would Not! work on my windows 7 or 8 laptop. I had to buy a old gateway windows xp laptop (brick) of craigslist. 40 bucks

Did you install the VCMII as the ADMINISTRATOR? That is what some of the guys here were saying to do to use it with Windows 7 or 8.

Why do you think your air bag light is on? That concerns me because I don't want to have any lights on the dash.

Wayne
Old 06-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Have you swapped the cluster back to see if the problem exist with the old cluster?
Old 06-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah.... That admin thang....isn't working ... Anyone with insight... Please let me know....

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You have to reinstall the entire program as the administrator if you have windows 7 or 8. Common problem if you are not using XP. We went online and bought a cheap laptop with XP and this computer is dedicated for the car. You can find a million of them for under $100
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

I finally got my VCMII today. Hopefully sometime soon in the future I will have the money to get the cluster. I just hope that I don't get some error light like Yacob 454 got. That makes me nervous because I hate having things that don't work right. Did you ever get the airbag light to go off?

Wayne
Old 07-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I finally got my VCMII today. Hopefully sometime soon in the future I will have the money to get the cluster. I just hope that I don't get some error light like Yacob 454 got. That makes me nervous because I hate having things that don't work right. Did you ever get the airbag light to go off?
Cool deal! When you get your parts, you can call me or msg me and I can walk you through things. The airbag light he got, I dont think it is from the cluster install. Never had that happen with many I have helped on. You being a '14, will have no issues doing the swap.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 636.49rwhp before Torque Booster added
Old 07-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
a friend of mine that works for ford has all the tools to do this swap, all I have to do is get the cluster and he can do the rest. cant wait to do this

more to come...
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Cool deal! When you get your parts, you can call me or msg me and I can walk you through things. The airbag light he got, I dont think it is from the cluster install. Never had that happen with many I have helped on. You being a '14, will have no issues doing the swap.

Well, I need your help right now. I accidently installed the IDS V86 patch on my computer before installing the IDS program and now I can't install the program because it says another version is already installed and they are not compatible and to uninstall the other version.

When I go to uninstall programs under my computer, there is no IDS listed anywhere. I even tried to run a search and it didn't bring it up. So, I can't uninstall the patch because I can't find it. Any idea what to do now? I'm not the most computer literate person out there so I'm kind of lost right now. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

I finally got it figured out. It didn't let me install as an ADMINISTRATOR but I opened the program as an administrator. You will have to help me out on how to run the program because I was messing around with it and didn't understand some of what it was asking and I didn't see some of the screens that should be there.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

When installing any program on your computers use the administrator account.

Whiteline
Ford Racing
Steeda
Hurst
Boss
Mtx
Hotchkis
Roush
BAMA
Spohn
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
When installing any program on your computers use the administrator account.

Whiteline
Ford Racing
Steeda
Hurst
Boss
Mtx
Hotchkis
Roush
BAMA
Spohn

How do I do that because I didn't see an option to do that. Thanks.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

I forgot to add that I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

Right-click the installation icon for the program, and then click Run as administrator. If the program installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then try to run the program.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Right-click the installation icon for the program, and then click Run as administrator. If the program installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then try to run the program.

I guess I will have to uninstall it and then start over. Thanks for the info.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #263

Region: Mississippi
I have a 2012 gt and want the premium cluster with my color anyone got one for sale and how hard is it to swap out

Termin8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you get a VCMII and IDS software, it is really pretty easy. I mean, the program is written for mechanic to use, so it is not like deciphering code. IDS is pretty basic, pick a program, it will tell you what to do, once you do it, you check the box and go to the next step.
PATS is in the security section. Open it and follow the instructions. There is also a tab for ASBUILT. Pick that and follow the instructions.
The steering wheel switch will pry out by hand, unplug and plug in the new one, Snap it all back in. For everything we are talking about, you will need a plastic pry tool or screw driver and an 8mm socket. That is it.

Ok, I installed the program and the patch as an ADMINISTRATOR and right clicked the program icon and set it up to run as an administrator.

I have the VCM hooked up to the computer but not to the car at this time. Should I be able to see the programs for the PATS and ASBUILT without the VCM being hooked up to the vehicle because I don't see any of that in this IDS program. I've messed around with the three tabs that are at the top left and the three at the bottom left but I don't understand a lot of it. I set up a new user using my name but now I can't figure out how to get back to it. Are there any good tutorials on how to use this program? Thanks.

Wayne
Old 07-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

DeerSlayer - I know the boss 302 cluster does not have MY COLOR. What if you wanted to install a Premium Cluster in a 2013 BOSS 302 ....so you can have my color.. Would that work?
Old 07-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You guys are semi-pros on this so let me ask a question, just got a trackey this week and i was wondering if i install the trackey and change my cluster later when i reset my PATS and AsBuilt won it will reset the tunning that ford is going to do on the car ?
and do i have to reset that PATS and ASBUILT if the cluster is a 2014 cluster on a 2014 car ?
WARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

PATS FOR SURE!!! I have a 14 and the apps work fine without asbuilt.... But I will still do it.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
DeerSlayer - I know the boss 302 cluster does not have MY COLOR. What if you wanted to install a Premium Cluster in a 2013 BOSS 302 ....so you can have my color.. Would that work?
Yes, easy. You use the ASBUILT codes for a Premium mustang and a premium cluster will have my color.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
You guys are semi-pros on this so let me ask a question, just got a trackey this week and i was wondering if i install the trackey and change my cluster later when i reset my PATS and AsBuilt won it will reset the tunning that ford is going to do on the car ?
and do i have to reset that PATS and ASBUILT if the cluster is a 2014 cluster on a 2014 car ?
The tuning is on your PCM, the track key is on the firmware of your cluster. '12 & '13 boss clusters have the firmware to run track key. If your PCM has been made a "dual path" PCM with two tunes, you need a cluster than has the firmware to communicate with each. The clusters that do this are: '12 & '13 Boss clusters, >07/01/14 Premium Clusters. Changing a cluster will not change the programming on your PCM, you will just need to make sure the cluster you switch too is track key enabled.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN211 View Post
What wold prevent you from gaining entry into the module programming?
I get a SELECTION NOT AVAILABLE?
I got this same message so I guess my program did not install as an administrator on my Windows 7 machine. I tried to install it like Deerslayer said above but I guess it did not work. I don't know what to do now as there are no cheap Windows XP machines on CL at the moment.

Here is how I tried installing this the programs as an administrator. I installed the disc and opened up the D drive in "My Computer"

There was the IDS software and the Patch. I right clicked on the IDS software and hit "Run as an administrator" The program installed itself on the computer.

I then did the same procedure for the patch but I did get a message on that to close these two programs which I could not find so I clicked "ignore" and the patch supposedly installed.

Did I do the installation wrong? If so, can someone tell me the correct way? Thanks.

Wayne
Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I bought a cheap laptop off of CL that had Windows XP Pro installed on it and installed my IDS software on it. Everything seemed to install correctly. I have not connected to the car yet as the place I bought the computer from said the battery is probably not very good. While I was installing all of the software and had it plugged in, it said I had 96% battery power after I unplugged it so I may try it tomorrow and see if I can access the Module Programming which I couldn't on my Windows 7 machine.

Now I just need to order a cluster at some point.

Wayne
Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #272

Region: Kentucky
Deerslayer I tried sending you a pm but it said you're inbox is full. Here's my message..

I just got done skimming through your whole thread about the track apps premium cluster upgrade and I signed up as a member just to get the details on this! I'm not super tech savvy so I wanted to make sure i got everything totally correct before start orderin parts.
Here's the details on my car
2014 mustang gt 5.0 6spd manual 3.31 gears. It was just the base model with appearance package (19" rims, louver, sync)

If you could tell me the part #s and or supply the links of best pplace to buy I would greatly appreciate it! I tried clicking on ssome the links in your thread but they just redirected me on the Mustang evolution forum.

Also I'm still a little un clear of what all programmingnneeds to be done? I have a buddy that works at Ford as a tech that will do the Ecu flash as long as he knows what all to do.

Thank you so much for your help aand we are all great full for your time spent figuring all this out!!!

Thanks,
Darin
6Lstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
PATS FOR SURE!!! I have a 14 and the apps work fine without asbuilt.... But I will still do it.

Yes but I'll it erase the trackey program that ford installed ?

Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

even if its just the ABS part?
Old 07-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
I am late to this conversation but "cluster" is there a visible difference in the single and dual path? I purchased my car new in April 2014 but the build date on the door is 5/13 which seems strange ad is was built almost a year before it was sold. It is a GT premium with Track Pack. The gage cluster looks just like any on the dealers lots I have seen. It had my color and the car has Nav. Could I possibly have the newer cluster already? Is there a visual difference that I could verify?

tacoma96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

No, that is not a Track Key Cluster. Only units built AFTER 07/01/14 are Track Key enabled.
Dual path is what they dealer flashes you PCM too. The clusters are either Track Key enabled or not in their firmware. Only thing the cluster does is either see the Track Key or not.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Ok, Thanks - I guess Im stuck. So really very few 2014 Mustang GT's are able to take advantage of this feature. Again I just bought my car (a 2014) and the local dealers have little stock of 2014 GT's so few must have have built with the Track Key Cluster. Anyway thanks for the quick response.
tacoma96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

You can always buy a brand new '14 cluster, install it and THEN it would be Track Key enabled. You could then buy the track key and have ford install it AFTER you install a new cluster.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #279

Region: Kentucky
Deerslayer can u check out my post #272 and get back with me I'd really like to upgrade my cluster but want to make sure I got all the right info!
6Lstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I See... one thing at the time then
Quote:
No, that is not a Track Key Cluster. Only units built AFTER 07/01/14 are Track Key enabled.
Dual path is what they dealer flashes you PCM too. The clusters are either Track Key enabled or not in their firmware. Only thing the cluster does is either see the Track Key or not.
I get that i was just worried that when a reset PATS and ASbuilt It would erase the programing of the trackey.

Thanks guys ill post some pics when this is done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang