Help with clutch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Help with clutch

Ok, would like some input as to how everyone's clutch pedal feels. Took my 13 in for clutch replace. When I picked it up the clutch was basically on the floor, only coming up an inch or two. Drove cpl miles and it came back up to about brake pedal height. The way it's been since I bought it. Drove several miles and pedal was back on the floor. When it's down low it still shifts fine. Just want to know where it is suppose to be!!!!
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Help with clutch

I had something similar when I replaced my clutch line and still had some air trapped in the system. I loosened my master cylinder cap slightly and got in to pump the pedal with the car off. Fully to the floor then release completely. Took another 50 times but it's back to normal. Did the same thing with the car on to make sure I got it all. Give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Almost forgot, pedal should be all the way up. Stick your foot behind it and lift, you shouldn't be able to lift it. That's how mine is on my 11.
2010GBGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, cool. I'll try that when I get home. Did changing the fluid line make any noticeable difference? How can u feel if u need one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
A clutch replacement on a 2013? Already?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, yea bought it used 4k miles but thy beat on it. Blew tranny and driveshaft. Lol. So got dealership to replace clutch b4 adding mods and voiding it!!!! Lol
Old 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian13 View Post
Lol, yea bought it used 4k miles but thy beat on it. Blew tranny and driveshaft. Lol. So got dealership to replace clutch b4 adding mods and voiding it!!!! Lol
This would concern me as to how the rest of the drivetrain is holding up....4K miles should be nothing on a clutch, even in hard conditions, barring full out drag racing.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yea you should def be getting more then 2 in out of it, i have a 2014 about a month old and i think mine comes up about 3-4 in before it even engages
LuisBlackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, cool. I'll try that when I get home. Did changing the fluid line make any noticeable difference? How can u feel if u need one?

Changing the line helped smooth things out when going through the gears. Wasn't having any issues with the pedal sticking to floor like some people but figured I'd upgrade while I was at it. Cost me $70 so it was a cheap upgrade.

First mod was an MGW. Then swapped the trans fluid under the TSB. Lastly, this past weekend I installed the Whiteline insert and braided line. I think I've sorted out everything I wanted to with the trans now. I can basically shift with 2 fingers regardless of temp or how hard I'm driving so I'm done messing with it...for now.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, looks like I may b doing that in the future. I have the Barton shifter and bracket installed as well as the white line bushing ....
Old 02-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2014 v6. I didn't know how to drive stick before I got this car. Car stalled like at least 40 times(me and my gf) lol clutch is still good. It is always be all the way up tho
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010GBGT View Post
I had something similar when I replaced my clutch line and still had some air trapped in the system. I loosened my master cylinder cap slightly and got in to pump the pedal with the car off. Fully to the floor then release completely. Took another 50 times but it's back to normal. Did the same thing with the car on to make sure I got it all. Give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Almost forgot, pedal should be all the way up. Stick your foot behind it and lift, you shouldn't be able to lift it. That's how mine is on my 11.

This worked, pedal seems fine now. Preciate it!!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This worked, pedal seems fine now. Preciate it!!!!

Awesome, great to hear!

Demetrios
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I have been hunting the net for issues like this. Have 30k on my 14 and recently I have noticed that the pedal engages almost instantly from the floor. After sitting a week, it won't go into first or second without force...like it is partly engaged. Stock fluid, and never opened system up, but looks like maybe moisture got in there or something. Gonna bleed it when I get home. Have whiteline, removed spring, and mgw, and replaced fluid in tranny.
Really noticed this more when I removed the assist spring. Not sure why.
Troy
Old 02-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Same here. I removed the spring and every time I start my car I have to pull the back of the pedal up with my foot. I changed my clutch line and it shifts great but does not really want to go into R or 1st in the morning or when cold.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bmr14 View Post
Same here. I removed the spring and every time I start my car I have to pull the back of the pedal up with my foot. I changed my clutch line and it shifts great but does not really want to go into R or 1st in the morning or when cold.
Did this happen concurrently with removing the assist spring? I can't remember if that is when mine started this, but is was def near that time. I am having the same issues.
Troy
Old 02-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I removed the spring months ago but have had to pull the pedal up every time I drive since then. The difficulty with R and 1st started after I replaced the clutch line. I will say that I think it is an issue regardless when its this cold out. I have never changed the fluid, I think I will take it in this month to give the fluid change a shot.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT