Tire questions for lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Tire questions for lowering springs

Okay idk if yaw have experience with the sve lowering springs from latemodel but i just bought these, an adjustable panhard bar and some eibach camber bolts for my '14 gt. It says it should lower it 1.5". My question is whats the biggest size tire i can put on my 20" fr500 wheels i bought as well? Ive been looking around and cant seem to find any info. I was thinking of 255 35s and 295 35s. I think 30s are too low profile but if i have to get those i will. Thanks i hope yaw can help.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Freddys5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Please take no offense to my comment but you spell like your from the south. Just curious where your from. Anyway to give you a little advice>>> Make sure that you calculated the outside diameter of what you intend to use for your front tires relative to you back tires because you should try to stay within 1/2" of each other or you could have stability control issues. At least that is what I have heard in the other forum at allfordmustangs.com. I am new to this forum. I created a spreadsheet but I believe there are online calculators out there also. I think you can get the 295's to fit in the back. I thought I heard people going as wide as 315 but not sure if they were lowered.
PMDMustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
As a fine southern gentleman, I take offense to you proclaiming "you spell like you're from the south". Maybe you should concentrate more on the correct usage of you, your, and you're. As well past and present tense using action verbs. And stating "no offense" does not give you the right to go ahead with offending someone. Good day, from Texas, to you sir.

To the OP, your best bet would be to do a search for a "tire" thread on this forum. There are some good threads out there that speak of tire size, as well as the back spacing and offset. Good luck and I hope this points you in the right direction.
JasnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasnTX View Post
As a fine southern gentleman, I take offense to you proclaiming "you spell like you're from the south". Maybe you should concentrate more on the correct usage of you, your, and you're. As well past and present tense using action verbs. And stating "no offense" does not give you the right to go ahead with offending someone. Good day, from Texas, to you sir.

Well I guess I was politically incorrect JasnTX. My apologies to people from the south for my politically incorrect stereotype. I should have checked Freddy's profile first to find out he was from Mesquite, TX. I believe Mesquite is a nice suburb of Dallas, TX which I have been to recently. Let me revise my post and maybe JasnTX will not be offended by it and check my grammar for me one more time.

OP make sure that you calculate the outside diameter of what you intend to use for your front tires relative to what you intend to use for your back tires. You should try to stay within a difference of 1/2" of the outside diameters. Otherwise you could have stability control issues. At least that is what I have read in the other forum at allfordmustangs.com. I am new to this forum. I created a spreadsheet but I believe there are online calculators out there also. I think you can get the 295's to fit in the back. I thought I heard people going as wide as 315. However, I am not not sure if they were lowered.

Quote:
To the OP, your best bet would be to do a search for a "tire" thread on this forum. There are some good threads out there that speak of tire size, as well as the back spacing and offset. Good luck and I hope this points you in the right direction.
+1
Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No worries bud. I also live in a suburb of the DFW area called Arlington. I know Mesquite well... The city and the smoking wood which is one of my other specialties, BBQ!
JasnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No worries bud. I also live in a suburb of the DFW area called Arlington. I know Mesquite well... The city and the smoking wood which is one of my other specialties, BBQ!
OK Cool.

OP here is a pdf of spreadsheet that I have. Please look in the bold border at the bottom as you will see that you probably don't want to match the 295/35/20's with the 255/35/20's as they are over 1" apart in O.D.

You will also want to be aware that your speedometer would be off if you use a rear tire of a different O.D. as your stock tire unless you modify tire size etc. with a tuner.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tire Size Calculator 2-12-14.pdf (201.9 KB, 160 views)
2013 Mustang GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, GT Track Package, Recaros, Ext. Acc. package 1, All Weather Mats, GT500 Axle backs, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Short Throw Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers with catted H, DSS Al Shaft with BMR Loop
Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I'm lowered on k springs with 305/30-20s on a 20x11 +55 in the rear. Had to trim the inner fender liner a lil bit.. Just fine now.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
fwiw, I have been running 315/35 Nitto Invo's on the rear of my lowered 2011 GT with 11X20 Steeda Spyder rims for the past two summers with abolutely no rubbing at all. 315's will fit with the right offset rims.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT