Mustang Evolution Forum banner

NITROUS. Is my wiring wrong. PLEASE HELP

Tags
nitrous
11K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
So here is the exact way I wired my zex wet nitrous kit using a msd digital window switch pn# 8969. I've looked all over the internet at wiring diagrams. And they are all a little different. I can not get it to spay any nitrous. Both the nmu and the window switch have power. They are both set with the proper settings but it will not activate. What in the hell am I'm doing wrong. I've been messing with this for over 2 weeks in my spare time. And it still will not work. I made this drawing of the exact way that I've hooked it all up. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

#3 ·
Are you picking up your tach signal from one of the coil negative wires (ones with stripes)? I used the falling voltage signal (brown wire in tps harness), on my nitrous setup. Some people use the rising voltage signal wire instead though. With that being said, did you program your window switch to recognize the appropriate tps signal (falling or rising voltage)?

#6 ·
Neither solenoid is clicking correct? You said it isn't spraying N2O, but is it spraying fuel? If you're unsure check your A/F when the Window Switch is supposed to kick in. If it drops to 10.0 you're spraying Fuel only.

If not, then we will proceed from there.

#8 ·
I finally got it using the above hand drawn sketch. I think I'm going to do a full how to on this topic from start to finish. Seems like everything I read is people having problems installing nitrous using a zex wet kit, msd window switch and relay.

#11 ·
After frying a couple solenoids due to malfunctioning TPS on my NX kit, I just chucked in and went with a manual activation switch like my dragbike has. Zero problems since then....

#12 ·
I have mine set to a micro switch...reliable activation every time, windows switch will prevent early activation so zero issues there. Not to mention micro switches hardly ever fail...

#13 ·
I have a momentary toggle switch I hold in my right hand and as I mash the gas out of the hole, I punch the switch. That's how I get 1.5 sec 60 foots out of a stock torque converter. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.