SR performance springs from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
SR performance springs from AM

Anyone have any experience with these on? I searched the forum and didn't see much about them, seems like everyone suggests eibach, BMR, etc. What was the actual drop? How's the ride? Have you had any other springs and how do they compare? I'm not really looking to go crazy low as I deal with a million speedbumps on a daily basis and the roads in ATL are terrible, but I do want a more aggressive stance and better handling without sacrificing ride quality too much as the GT is my main sled. Thanks for the input.
Bwillingham10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I had the SR Springs on for about 300mi. and had to take them off as the ride was to harsh. The drop/stance was nice but I didn't like them. It may have been that they didn't work well with my Steeda Pro-Action shocks/struts. It has good reviews on A.M. as I hear a lot of people are using them with the stock stuff but I wouldn't. I have BMR springs now and love the ride. I've also had Eibach pro-kit & I have Steeda springs for track duty. All three off these are better for the street/track than the SR springs. Just my .02

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The BMR springs are well worth the money.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

no first hand experience, but I hear the spring rates are pretty high with these, giving as mentioned a harsh ride

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk
Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
No first hand experience here either (I use BMR springs) but a well respected mustang shop in my area dislikes the SR performance springs. I didn't ask a specific reason though.
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

SR performance springs from AM

SR springs on my 13, love the ride and feel, don't have body roll and or dive. 1.5" drop, no complaints!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392859933.170567.jpg
Views:	2388
Size:	671.5 KB
ID:	148258
GrayGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #7

GrayGoose,

First off, love the ride... That stance is exactly what I'm looking for. (Love the blacked out headlights too, I just ordered all around vinyl tint for mine from anchor-room.com to be installed this weekend)

I'd like to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, but I know with the drop and 20's that I will have to sacrifice some. How would you say the ride is compared to stock?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwillingham10 View Post
GrayGoose,

First off, love the ride... That stance is exactly what I'm looking for. (Love the blacked out headlights too, I just ordered all around vinyl tint for mine from anchor-room.com to be installed this weekend)

I'd like to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, but I know with the drop and 20's that I will have to sacrifice some. How would you say the ride is compared to stock?

Thanks for the compliments, I feel it tighter, suspension wise, nothing crazy.
But it feels good to me, with the stock
19"s, 20"s not sure I know it will change
Some ride feel. But don't think that much, just a little harsher ride probably.
GrayGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I've got sr springs on my 06 gt and I like them, I have no issues with them. I can definitely feel a difference in handling. The ride is ok but not too bad. I think it lowered my car perfectly by getting rid of my wheel gap. I think over all it's a good product for the price.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwillingham10 View Post
Anyone have any experience with these on? I searched the forum and didn't see much about them, seems like everyone suggests eibach, BMR, etc. What was the actual drop? How's the ride? Have you had any other springs and how do they compare? I'm not really looking to go crazy low as I deal with a million speedbumps on a daily basis and the roads in ATL are terrible, but I do want a more aggressive stance and better handling without sacrificing ride quality too much as the GT is my main sled. Thanks for the input.
Bwillingham10,

The SR Performance springs work great for a daily driver IMO. You'll definitely experiencing better handling and less body roll overall. The ride height drop is right at 1.5" for GT coupes. I've also found they tend to work well with the stock struts/shocks, compared to other aftermarket lowering springs. Of course, upgraded suspension dampeners will only help.

If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I had the SR Springs on for about 300mi. and had to take them off as the ride was to harsh. The drop/stance was nice but I didn't like them. It may have been that they didn't work well with my Steeda Pro-Action shocks/struts. It has good reviews on A.M. as I hear a lot of people are using them with the stock stuff but I wouldn't. I have BMR springs now and love the ride. I've also had Eibach pro-kit & I have Steeda springs for track duty. All three off these are better for the street/track than the SR springs. Just my .02

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hey AJcruz1,

I'm really surprised you felt the SR springs gave a rougher ride than the BMR springs. I've literally only experienced and heard feedback of the opposite effect. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the struts you're using. As I can't say I'm familiar with the feel of that particular combo. I'm most familiar with Koni STR.T dampeners with SR springs or other aftermarket springs.

Thanks for the feedback though. I'd like to look into this more, as there's gotta be an underlining reason.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have the SR performance lowering springs w/ iso's removed...

I LOVE my ride height, front can sit slight lower tho... (Hate wheel gap)

As for the ride. With springs installed it was pretty similar. Two weeks later I removed ISO to lose another .3 in and
The ride became extremely bouncy (maybe the springs broke in?). I'd still highly Recommend.

Also btw.. I have JM adj Panhard
Bar also idk if that's relevant though haha. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392911087.999993.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	943.7 KB
ID:	148309Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392911111.536675.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	148310
zeus.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Btw on stock struts... The studio pic is after iso's removed. Drive way pic is springs right after install. (Didn't really settle yet)
zeus.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Hey AJcruz1,

I'm really surprised you felt the SR springs gave a rougher ride than the BMR springs. I've literally only experienced and heard feedback of the opposite effect. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the struts you're using. As I can't say I'm familiar with the feel of that particular combo. I'm most familiar with Koni STR.T dampeners with SR springs or other aftermarket springs.

Thanks for the feedback though. I'd like to look into this more, as there's gotta be an underlining reason.

Shane
not sure why you'd be surprised, the rates on the SR springs are much higher than the BMR's...................

Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #14

What is the compression rate for the BMRs?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
not sure why you'd be surprised, the rates on the SR springs are much higher than the BMR's...................

Honestly, I'm less familiar with the BMR lowering springs than any other manufacturer. I'm not aware of their spring rates, as they do not list them on the BMR product page. Do you know what the rates are? I'd be interested if you have them.

Thanks!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT