suspension set up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
suspension set up

hey guys, i got my mustang not too long ago, 2014 gt with brembo package, like most i hate the wheel gap and im looking to lower it. ive been reading a lot but still got some minor questions
im looking to run the eibach proline springs and eibach pro damper shock and strut. along with j&m adjustable caster plates and bmr adjustable panhard. is there anything im missing to have this set up work properly? not too sure if control arms and sway bars are recommended to be put on together or if i could hold off with the stocks for a while ( planning to do them too eventually)
also if anyone has this or similar set up feel free to let me know how you like it

as to what ill use the mustang for, mainly daily driving with track use every now and then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Maybe an adj. upper control arm to get the pinion angle back to spec. I've heard a couple people complain about the eibach dampers maybe u can look at the koni orange for about the same..I don't have any 1st hand knowledge that's just what I've heard! Other than that it sounds like a good set up!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Maybe an adj. upper control arm to get the pinion angle back to spec. I've heard a couple people complain about the eibach dampers maybe u can look at the koni orange for about the same..I don't have any 1st hand knowledge that's just what I've heard! Other than that it sounds like a good set up!
Thanks for the info, im not 100% on any of the brands yet, just trying to get an idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
springs, struts/shocks, camber plates (not always needed but really nice to have), and adjustable panhard bar all you really need. you can add sway bars and control arms (assuming you not dropping lower then 1.5) at a later time no problem. if your dropping the car real low an adj. upper control arm will probably be needed to get the pinion angle back in check.
Instafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Ideally you want the things you listed, your brand of choice, adj upper control arm, rear lca relocation brackets, and adjustable spherical swaybar end links.. The relocation brackets help correct the position of your lca's. I'm lowered 1.5" and the frame end of the lca is lower than the axle end.. Causing the rear end not to plant your power to the ground. My sway bar end links get in a bind occasionally.. Generally when backing up with the wheel turned hard. And as mentioned the adj upper to fix pinion angle. Those are not have to items necessarily but as I said ideal. Bumpsteer is a good idea too..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i appreciate the responses, after reading some more ive decided not to go lower than 1.5, i will do the control arms and sway bars but since ill be able to get away with it for a while ill do them after. now im just trying to decide on which springs and shocks/struts to go with. considering ford racing k springs with konis
Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
i appreciate the responses, after reading some more ive decided not to go lower than 1.5, i will do the control arms and sway bars but since ill be able to get away with it for a while ill do them after. now im just trying to decide on which springs and shocks/struts to go with. considering ford racing k springs with konis
That sounds like a good set up! If u have ?s hit up jayman33 from hypermotive performance he'll hook u up with a great set up he's very knowledgeable!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sounds like a good set up! If u have ?s hit up jayman33 from hypermotive performance he'll hook u up with a great set up he's very knowledgeable!
thanks, i appreciate the info

If any one has some info or personal opinions on certain shock/strut set up, please feel free to chime in
Old 02-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
hey guys, i got my mustang not too long ago, 2014 gt with brembo package, like most i hate the wheel gap and im looking to lower it. ive been reading a lot but still got some minor questions
im looking to run the eibach proline springs and eibach pro damper shock and strut. along with j&m adjustable caster plates and bmr adjustable panhard. is there anything im missing to have this set up work properly? not too sure if control arms and sway bars are recommended to be put on together or if i could hold off with the stocks for a while ( planning to do them too eventually)
also if anyone has this or similar set up feel free to let me know how you like it

as to what ill use the mustang for, mainly daily driving with track use every now and then
Everything you listed will do the job just fine. Adjustable control arms are not required if you're still using the stock two-piece driveshaft, however they're still helpful for reduced wheel hop and better traction. Sway-bars are also not mandatory for lowering the ride height of your Mustang, but again they're still a nice improvement over stock!

I'd stick with upgraded struts/shocks, CC plates, and adj panhard bar. This combo will give you a smooth ride for daily driving and a killer experience on a road course!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Everything you listed will do the job just fine. Adjustable control arms are not required if you're still using the stock two-piece driveshaft, however they're still helpful for reduced wheel hop and better traction. Sway-bars are also not mandatory for lowering the ride height of your Mustang, but again they're still a nice improvement over stock!

I'd stick with upgraded struts/shocks, CC plates, and adj panhard bar. This combo will give you a smooth ride for daily driving and a killer experience on a road course!

Shane
yea i have my mind set on that route, i'm just now trying to research and figure out which brands will best suit me
Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Eibach's dampers and they aren't great, I'd recommend looking at the KONI orange.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I have the Eibach's dampers and they aren't great, I'd recommend looking at the KONI orange.
thanks for the input, ideally i would like the koni yellow but for a little more i could just go coilovers
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks for the input, ideally i would like the koni yellow but for a little more i could just go coilovers
Look into strange shocks/struts! They're adjustable & around the same price as the koni orange.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
yea i have my mind set on that route, i'm just now trying to research and figure out which brands will best suit me
If that's the case, than I'd lean towards the Koni STR.T struts/shocks. They're really hard to beat for the performance vs cost. We have more customers running these dampeners than any other brand. As you've seen in this thread, they have a great reputation too!

You can't go wrong with lowering springs. Eibach, Steeda, SR, H&R etc., all make top notch lowering springs. I usually just find whichever model will give me the ride height I'm particularly looking for. Instead of picking a brand.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I replaced everything except the uca on my 14'. I plan to do that next. If I would do it over I would get the 'standard' Lakewood drag shocks and springs. Then go from there. Good luck with your build.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
I replaced everything except the uca on my 14'. I plan to do that next. If I would do it over I would get the 'standard' Lakewood drag shocks and springs. Then go from there. Good luck with your build.

thanks for the info, what brands you correctly running? ill do some research on the lakewoods.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Are Lakewood stiff for dd?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are Lakewood stiff for dd?

Stiffer than stock yes but the standard should not be too bad.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks for the info, what brands you correctly running? ill do some research on the lakewoods.

Ford racing 1" drop shocks/struts/springs/jounce bumpers and rear 22mm sway bar. Steeda 36" competition adjustable front sway bar; set to middle setting. Whiteline sway bar rings for the the rear and transmission insert and hurst shifter with Barton bracket. I am happy with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT