2014 GT suspension question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 GT suspension question

Putting Eibach Prokit on with Whiteline adj. panhard bar and Whiteline lower control arms.
Wifes car, no track just spirited driving by me on the weekends.

Questions:
1. Do I need any relocation brackets for the LCA's?
2. Should I upgrade the UCA while I am at it? Any benefit for the $250 plus labor.
2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014GTCS View Post
Putting Eibach Prokit on with Whiteline adj. panhard bar and Whiteline lower control arms. Wifes car, no track just spirited driving by me on the weekends. Questions: 1. Do I need any relocation brackets for the LCA's? 2. Should I upgrade the UCA while I am at it? Any benefit for the $250 plus labor.
1. Yes if u wanna correct the geometry.. When lowering the LCA won't line up correctly & wheel hop will increase.
2. An adj. UCA will correct the pinion angle that gets thrown off when lowering.
Sure u can get away without doing them but to do it the right way & not sacrifice performance or affect different parts of the car these are a good idea.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
If your lowering you will want an adjustable UCA so you can adjust your pinion angle. I recommend the BMR one over the Whiteline. Get the aftermarket mount to go with it also.

You might as well get relocation brackets. I also recommend BMR because you have more adjustability. And if your lowering then in my opinion the Whiteline hole location is not low enough.
2013 Mustang GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, GT Track Package, Recaros, Ext. Acc. package 1, All Weather Mats, GT500 Axle backs, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Short Throw Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers with catted H, DSS Al Shaft with BMR Loop
PMDMustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

You don't need relocation brackets. They are just supposed to help keep the oem geometry of a lowered suspension. You can see how it feels without them and the adjustable uca is not necessary with the adjustable lca's. But I gotta warn ya, swapping out all those components increases noise and vibration into the cab. Your wife may not like the trade off. I've got BMR lca's, relocation brackets, adjustable uca and a adjustable pan hard bar with BC coilovers. It's a pretty sweet handling setup but it's noisy down bumpy roads. My girlfriend drove it once and was like, is your car broken. I dumped her.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
My girlfriend drove it once and was like, is your car broken. I dumped her.
Obviously she was broken, you handled that situation perfectly.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Obviously she was broken, you handled that situation perfectly.
Yeah, right before valentines day too. So it was a double win.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't need relocation brackets. They are just supposed to help keep the oem geometry of a lowered suspension. You can see how it feels without them and the adjustable uca is not necessary with the adjustable lca's. But I gotta warn ya, swapping out all those components increases noise and vibration into the cab. Your wife may not like the trade off. I've got BMR lca's, relocation brackets, adjustable uca and a adjustable pan hard bar with BC coilovers. It's a pretty sweet handling setup but it's noisy down bumpy roads. My girlfriend drove it once and was like, is your car broken. I dumped her.
Expand more about the noise and vibration increasing with swapping out the LCA's. I would understand a harsher ride with coilovers. Is it the bushings that are in the aftermarket LCA's that cause more noise and vibration?
2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Yeah, right before valentines day too. So it was a double win.
More money for car parts!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Expand more about the noise and vibration increasing with swapping out the LCA's. I would understand a harsher ride with coilovers. Is it the bushings that are in the aftermarket LCA's that cause more noise and vibration?
Most of the noise came after I installed the uca and mount. That was the last piece to go in. There's not so much vibration but more of a shuffling sound when tracing over a bumpy road. On smooth, flat roads there is little to no noise. I've played around with my pinion angle to see if I could reduce the sound but no luck so far. I still have tried changing the position of the uca to the mount, that'll be my next thing. I've also notice after the uca my driveshaft has gotten noisier when clutching and changing gears.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
hahahhahahahahaha funniest thing ive heard all day
im actually going for that set up myself, how do you like the bc coilovers?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
hahahhahahahahaha funniest thing ive heard all day im actually going for that set up myself, how do you like the bc coilovers?
They are worth the money. They are a good entry level coil over with a wide range of adjustment. But as my city doesn't know how to pave a road, they are a little too harsh for my mustang which I tend to daily drive more then my daily driver. I'm looking into an air suspension setup now. I haven't done much research yet but when the funds become available I'll be sure to do my homework.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
They are worth the money. They are a good entry level coil over with a wide range of adjustment. But as my city doesn't know how to pave a road, they are a little too harsh for my mustang which I tend to daily drive more then my daily driver. I'm looking into an air suspension setup now. I haven't done much research yet but when the funds become available I'll be sure to do my homework.
ive ridden on bc coils before ( different platform srt4 ) and other coilovers in different cars and have liked how they all ride. i also come from a lifted jeep wrangler as a daily so im sure it wont bother me lol
Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
ive ridden on bc coils before ( different platform srt4 ) and other coilovers in different cars and have liked how they all ride. i also come from a lifted jeep wrangler as a daily so im sure it wont bother me lol
Yeah, it feels sportier vs. stock. Especially once you set a preload that you are comfortable with.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What do you guys think of Megan Racing Coil overs? Thinking of going with those instead of BC

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Saintsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsone View Post
What do you guys think of Megan Racing Coil overs? Thinking of going with those instead of BC Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I was originally going to go with the Megan coilovers but at the time, the two suppliers I was in contact with were outa stock. My buddy has a set on his Genesis and I've got a set on my 240sx. On those applications they work really well. No noise or problems. I've had the Megan's on my 240sx for about 5 years without a problem. However, it's an outside car and I'm sure the hight adjusting threads are rusted & rotted by now. On the bright side, they are a little bit cheaper in price which is what initially caught my attention. Lol
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
haha, you didnt teach her well and hey if you dumped her that fast she wasn't hot.

I just ordered the same setup, minus lca's. Car already has lots of NVH (stripped out the back of car) What setting are you running on the UCA? How low are you?
ksnapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Putting Eibach Prokit on with Whiteline adj. panhard bar and Whiteline lower control arms.
Wifes car, no track just spirited driving by me on the weekends.

Questions:
1. Do I need any relocation brackets for the LCA's?
2. Should I upgrade the UCA while I am at it? Any benefit for the $250 plus labor.
The pro kit barley lowers the car.. so imo unless shes a track star you dont need anything but maybe the panhard bar.
If you are really worried about the pinion angle get the Roush UCA, quietest one on the market. Measure before buying after you lower it though!
I wouldn't bother with LCA's or brackets if you are just spirited driving
Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnapp View Post
haha, you didnt teach her well and hey if you dumped her that fast she wasn't hot. I just ordered the same setup, minus lca's. Car already has lots of NVH (stripped out the back of car) What setting are you running on the UCA? How low are you?
Right now, I'm at the recommended -2* and I've got the uca bolted to the highest hole on the mount. I do wanna play with it a bit more and adjust my relocation brackets. I've got it pretty low right now. I haven't really measured the drop. I've mostly been playing with the front coilovers preload. I'm up to 6mm compressed were it's nice and stiff but the rear still needs some tweaking.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Right now, I'm at the recommended -2* and I've got the uca bolted to the highest hole on the mount. I do wanna play with it a bit more and adjust my relocation brackets. I've got it pretty low right now. I haven't really measured the drop. I've mostly been playing with the front coilovers preload. I'm up to 6mm compressed were it's nice and stiff but the rear still needs some tweaking.
Cool, thanks for the info
Old 02-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #20
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnapp View Post
Cool, thanks for the info
No problem brotha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT