Suspension Situation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Suspension Situation

Hello everyone.

I'm looking to finally lower my Mustang because I can't stand that damn wheel gap anymore. I'm kind of a newbie, so forgive some of my questions.

My 2013 Mustang GT is not a daily driver. I only drive it in nice weather through the spring, summer and fall. I believe it only has, at most, 2000 miles on it. Can I get away with the FRPP 1.5" springs and BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar? I understand that my shocks and struts will wear eventually but since I have such low miles, will I be okay for a while? I just don't want to ruin anything else. Because right now I just don't have the money to redo the entire suspension and I really don't want to go all summer again with my car riding so high.

Any input would be great.

Thanks guys!
Djulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Spend the extra 150 or so bucks and get an adjustable upper control arm. I only lowered 1.25 in the rear and my pinion angle was off. Unless you correct your pinion angle you could end up with drivetrain vibration, a worn/leaking pinion seal/bearing or worse. Do it right the first time.
Mods: AED Tune,Boss 302 IM, BBK 85mm TB,Kooks SS Shorty Headers,HF Cats,Alum 1pc DS,Hotchkis Subframe Connectors,Steeda CAI,Roush Axlebacks,Barton Shifter,SR Clutch Line,Boss Oil/Trans Coolers,SVT Fan,Steeda Sport Springs/LCAs/UCA/Shifter Bracket/HD Motor Mounts,BMR LCA Relo Brackets,Koni Shocks/Struts,GT500 Strut Mounts,JLT Oil Sep,Hood Struts,GT500 Spoiler,MMD Taillight Trim,OEM Leather Seats,MT Street Comps on black AMRs,MT ET Street Radial IIs on black Bullits(track duty).
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djulin View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to finally lower my Mustang because I can't stand that damn wheel gap anymore. I'm kind of a newbie, so forgive some of my questions.

My 2013 Mustang GT is not a daily driver. I only drive it in nice weather through the spring, summer and fall. I believe it only has, at most, 2000 miles on it. Can I get away with the FRPP 1.5" springs and BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar? I understand that my shocks and struts will wear eventually but since I have such low miles, will I be okay for a while? I just don't want to ruin anything else. Because right now I just don't have the money to redo the entire suspension and I really don't want to go all summer again with my car riding so high.

Any input would be great.

Thanks guys!
Hey,

Glad to hear you're lowing the car, the 4x4 look is not for most of us!

It sounds that you have a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. To answer your question, you would need a few other components if you wanted that exact set up.

The FRPP springs were originally designed for the 05-10 generation suspension, and would require new strut mount upgrades (Ford Racing M-18183-C) and dampeners (Ford Racing M-18000-A). Other than these two items your set up would work flawlessly.

Another option that, I would recommend a set of Eibach Sportline springs in conjunction with that same BMR panhard bar. These Eibach springs are specifically designed for the 2011+ and will work without getting strut mounts and dampeners. This springs will also give your car about the same 1.5" drop you liked with FRPP's spring.

No matter which springs you get, I would recommend a set of caster camber plates as well, especially with new tires. These keep your front tires perfectly aligned and allow you to get the most life out of them.

Keep in mind if you do decided to go through with any of these options, we offer a 6% discount to forum members. Also if you see any product on a competitor's site for less we will match their price.

I hope this helps, and be sure to keep us posted!

If you need anything else let myself know, or contact our customer service team who's number is listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
did your car come with the track pack? if not, i cheaper alternative to aftermarket struts/shocks would be buying some brembo take-offs.
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think ud b ok. I used Steed ultra lites without camber plates and everything aligned perfectly. My pinion angle was still good, not needing a upper control arm. A rear adjustable panhard is also optional. Without it, it only moves the rear axel less than an inch. Best to have, but it can be added later as u want.
Not everyone has the same results btw. These are just my personal experiences.
Troy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT