Holy LOUD!! and my other new mods... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Holy LOUD!! and my other new mods...

Got my stage one mods on yesterday. Airraid CAI and BAMA R93 tune huge help. Barton short shifter and bracket made a HUGE difference. Went from not sure about getting the manual because so sloppy to loving a stick again. The shifter is an essential upgrade in my opinion.

Exhaust: pypes off road H pipe and Pype bombs... WOW. 3 thumbs up and 2 nods on the way home alone but it is DEFINITELY loud. love it but gotta get used to it. Going to delete the sound tube but doubt that will do much. That said I think I made the right call. I have a 9yr old boy, 13 yr old gilr and 14 yr old boy. Boys love it, daughter hates it lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Nice im looking into doing the same stage one set up. Is there a lot of cabin noise from the exhaust? I was thinking of doing glasspacks for exhaust but not sure if i really want something that loud.
Mastertz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

there is a fair amout of cabin noise. I haven't picked up the girlfriend in it yet but am expecting that to go over like a lead weight. I would definitely NOT recommend going any louder for a daily driver. I am going to try and do a video this weekend from in the cabin and on the outside to post up so once i do I will try and remember to post back here.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Got my stage one mods on yesterday. Airraid CAI and BAMA R93 tune huge help. Barton short shifter and bracket made a HUGE difference. Went from not sure about getting the manual because so sloppy to loving a stick again. The shifter is an essential upgrade in my opinion.

Exhaust: pypes off road H pipe and Pype bombs... WOW. 3 thumbs up and 2 nods on the way home alone but it is DEFINITELY loud. love it but gotta get used to it. Going to delete the sound tube but doubt that will do much. That said I think I made the right call. I have a 9yr old boy, 13 yr old gilr and 14 yr old boy. Boys love it, daughter hates it lol.
Hey,

Sounds like an awesome stage 1 build!

Couldn't agree more that at least an aftermarket shifter is required when building these things. I have a Barton as well, and you are right really makes driving the car a lot more fun!

Judging by the mods you have done, I can see you love the loud tail pipes. That is probably one of the loudest set ups you could go with. I bet it sounds really mean coming down the road. Also, glad to hear that the tune is working out. On these new 5.0L, they really wake the car up!

Thanks again for the feedback it's greatly appreciated. If you need anything else, or have any other questions feel free to get in touch with myself, or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck and keep us posted on your build!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

Sounds like an awesome stage 1 build!

Couldn't agree more that at least an aftermarket shifter is required when building these things. I have a Barton as well, and you are right really makes driving the car a lot more fun!

Judging by the mods you have done, I can see you love the loud tail pipes. That is probably one of the loudest set ups you could go with. I bet it sounds really mean coming down the road. Also, glad to hear that the tune is working out. On these new 5.0L, they really wake the car up!

Thanks again for the feedback it's greatly appreciated. If you need anything else, or have any other questions feel free to get in touch with myself, or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck and keep us posted on your build!

-Dan
Thanks a bunch. You were actually a great help in all my decisions. Never expected an AM employee to tell me to skip a mod cause waste of money... of course I still spent the money just elsewhere, lol. I will definitely be running my you. Already planning on stage 2 which will be LCA, UCA, Panhard and Eibach plus pro system.

When I am ready to buy I will hit you up for a friendly discount.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Thanks a bunch. You were actually a great help in all my decisions. Never expected an AM employee to tell me to skip a mod cause waste of money... of course I still spent the money just elsewhere, lol. I will definitely be running my you. Already planning on stage 2 which will be LCA, UCA, Panhard and Eibach plus pro system.

When I am ready to buy I will hit you up for a friendly discount.
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear I was able to help you out. Please remember that what I was telling you was just my opinion. There is really no bad mod for your Mustang but I have personal experience with just about every modification out there!

Sounds like you have some great mods lined up for Stage 2. Let me know when you're ready to make you next purchase and I'll make sure you're squared away!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This is pretty similar to what I have done so far and plan to do next! I was reading somewhere that the eibach shocks/struts aren't that great of a quality though so I'm looking into picking out individual parts to do the suspension. Also I love the way it drives and sounds now in comparison. I can't delete my cats due to emissions inspections here but I got hi-flo cats to allow for a better flow. Just debating whether or not to get the Borla over axle pipes now to complete the catback or just go to my local exhaust shop and have them weld in some straight pipes..
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Also the people at AM really helped me with learning about a lot of different things as well as what I'd be better off spending my money on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT