BAMA 93 Hybrid Tune with ghost cam - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I have said all this so many times on here. Still to many people are sold on dyno #'s and all of bama flashy advertising
Ain't that the truth.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Ain't that the truth.

+1000 on this. Glad I did my research first.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
There actually is a big difference in tuners out there. There is certain parameters that only some tuners, know how to get into. For instance bama is a canned tune they can say its custom all they want. A tune from lund vs bama will be a night and day difference. Just like a dyno tube from a good shop vs bama. #'s don't mean **** in all honesty. Shaun from AED will tell you his tunes might not put down the #'s as others but his tune will be faster. I have said all this so many times on here. Still to many people are sold on dyno #'s and all of bama flashy advertising

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So here is the real question. If you took your car with a Lund Tune and then your car installed a MPT tune how much faster would your car run on the Lund tune. MPT has been making some killer tunes but your only going to get so much out of a engine regardless of who is doing the tuning. How much does Lund charge too tune?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lund is 200 for a email tune. And like I said there is a huge difference between a lot of tuners. Yes there is a limit on how much power you can get, but I'm not talking #'s bc that dosent really mean squat. U can have a tune making 420 and then one making 390 and blow the doors off the 420. It's all in the parameters and little secret things lund knows that others don't. Just like how much u can bring down the knock sensors 1 degree to rev higher whitout the computer pulling timing.

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

* lund knows, Shaun knows. Justin knows and Jeff and Adam. That others do not

Old 03-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
so is Lund the recomendation?
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Lund, AED, VMP, Revolution Auto. Take your pick.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Lund, AED, VMP, Revolution Auto. Take your pick.
yup :
Old 03-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
* lund knows, Shaun knows. Justin knows and Jeff and Adam. That others do not

So Lund knows secrets that say MPT tuners don't know which would cause Lund tune to run faster times than another. So the real question is, how much faster is your car going too run with a Lund Tune over a Steeda tune? How much faster is your car going too run with your Lund tune over a MPT tune.

Too answer that question accurately, you would have too do what I did. Purchase the different tunes and then run too see which comes out on top. Do you have an MPT tune? I have Steeda MPT and Bama tunes. I know which make the most power numbers. Just numbers!

Now, which tune of mine will have my car run the fastest? I don't know because I haven't been too the track yet.

So here is my question. How much faster is a 200 dollar Lund tune going too make my car run over my 75 dollar MPT tune. That's what I would love too know. Not dyno numbers but actual track, run, acceleration numbers.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So Lund knows secrets that say MPT tuners don't know which would cause Lund tune to run faster times than another. So the real question is, how much faster is your car going too run with a Lund Tune over a Steeda tune? How much faster is your car going too run with your Lund tune over a MPT tune.

Too answer that question accurately, you would have too do what I did. Purchase the different tunes and then run too see which comes out on top. Do you have an MPT tune? I have Steeda MPT and Bama tunes. I know which make the most power numbers. Just numbers!

Now, which tune of mine will have my car run the fastest? I don't know because I haven't been too the track yet.

So here is my question. How much faster is a 200 dollar Lund tune going too make my car run over my 75 dollar MPT tune. That's what I would love too know. Not dyno numbers but actual track, run, acceleration numbers.

+1000000
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i assume you will share the answer with us after you go to the track?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

How much faster is my car going too run with a tune from AED or VMP over my MPT tune or Steeda tune? Is a Lund, AED, VMP tune gonna give me a full 1 second difference? Half second, 3 tenths second difference? For me too spend 200 dollars for one tune I'm really curious too see how much faster times people are getting with their cars, same mods compared too Lund vs other brands!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Guess you will have to find out yourselfs. A couple other people and myself have beat this whole issue black and blue. We have given you the information. Now it's up to you to use it. There is small other things that's other tuners just don't know or can't grasp. For instance. Some people will see a very slight drop off on there dyno sheet on a coyote with the boss intake at 6300 to redline not much but it's there. Most will not notice. It's due to the knock sensors slowly pulling timing out. This is easily resolved by pulling 1 degree or so out of the knock sensors. Just little things.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post

i assume you will share the answer with us after you go to the track?
I most certainly will good sir. I myself want too know however I only have Steeda, MPT and Steeda. Unfortunately, that is really the only way of knowing which tune is really the best and most powerful. By paying for different tuning companies , going too the track with your car and on that same day, same track same weather same mods, same driver, see which tune comes out on top.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Guess you will have to find out yourselfs. A couple other people and myself have beat this whole issue black and blue. We have given you the information. Now it's up to you to use it. There is small other things that's other tuners just don't know or can't grasp. For instance. Some people will see a very slight drop off on there dyno sheet on a coyote with the boss intake at 6300 to redline not much but it's there. Most will not notice. It's due to the knock sensors slowly pulling timing out. This is easily resolved by pulling 1 degree or so out of the knock sensors. Just little things.

I know you have and your knowledge is highly appreciated. Do you have a Mpt tune by any chance
Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Your going to need to data log also. This is the whole reason why I still always say dyno tune from a good shop. Or a remote tune from one of the ones mentioned above

Old 03-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I most certainly will good sir. I myself want too know however I only have Steeda, MPT and Steeda. Unfortunately, that is really the only way of knowing which tune is really the best and most powerful. By paying for different tuning companies , going too the track with your car and on that same day, same track same weather same mods, same driver, see which tune comes out on top.
And i will thank you sir.. I just don't want bama because of my experience with them so far and all the bad things ive heard about them.. I should have done a little more research first. I basically feel like ive wasted 150.00 dollars. I was under the assumption that anytime i wanted to change my tune or just try another i would be able to do so. Instead every time i have called them or emailed the i have been met with resistance.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know you have and your knowledge is highly appreciated. Do you have a Mpt tune by any chance
No I have a full blown dyno tune done by my local shop.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My local dyno shop told me to use Lund for my tunes.. he works with them.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My local dyno shop told me to use Lund for my tunes.. he works with them.
There you go then bud.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And i will thank you sir.. I just don't want bama because of my experience with them so far and all the bad things ive heard about them.. I should have done a little more research first. I basically feel like ive wasted 150.00 dollars. I was under the assumption that anytime i wanted to change my tune or just try another i would be able to do so. Instead every time i have called them or emailed the i have been met with resistance.
I completely understand your being upset with bama based on what you have been going though. I don't fault you a bit for being upset and its a shame you feel you dumped $150 on bama tunes.

I have been using bama tunes for over 3 years and personally can't say I have had any issues with them or their tunes. Now granted, I haven't had bama make any new tunes for me in the past 6 months so I'm not dealing with them in the recent past.

If bama is not working for you, clearly they are many other good options out there and unfortunately you will get various answers when it comes tuning companies. I have always heard positive reviews about Lund tunes but at $200 per tune that's a bit of coin every time you want a new tune. That's a bit of money every time you get a new bolt on mod and need a new tune too match that mod, another 200 dollars. That cost can add up quickly over the years of your mustang ownership depending on how often you add new mods.

Steeda offers free tunes for life at $150 dollar buy in. MPT charges 75 dollars per tune, however they do not offer a free tunes for life program. At 75 dollars you could purchase almost 3 tunes from MPT for the price of one tune from Lund. Now OP, How much faster will a 200 dollar Lund tune make your car run over a 75 dollar MPT tune? No clue. You would have to get a Lund and MPT tune, go to the track and find out.

My assessment is the following. I'm not sure if 200 dollars for one email tune is worth the unknown performance gains over say a $75 email MPT tune if one is not track racing professionally. The difference in price may be worth it depending how much faster the Lund tune makes your car over the MPT tune but know one here has compared the two tunes at the track on the same persons car.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I got ya. So how much faster does your custom dyno tune make your car over your Lund Tune..
Old 03-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I completely understand your being upset with bama based on what you have been going though. I don't fault you a bit for being upset and its a shame you feel you waisted $150 on bama tunes.

I have always heard positive reviews about Lund tunes but at $200 per tune that's a bit of coin every time you want a new tune. That's a bit of money every time you get a new bolt on mod and need a new tune too match that mod, another 200 dollars. That cost can add up quickly over the years of your mustang ownership depending on how often you add new mods.

MPT charges 75 dollars per tune, however they do not offer a free tunes for life program. At 75 dollars you could purchase almost 3 tunes from MPT for the price of one tune from Lund. Now OP, How much faster will a 200 dollar Lund tune make your car run over a 75 dollar MPT tune? No clue. You would have to get a Lund and MPT tune, go to the track and find out.
I haven't even told you all the things that Bama has done, ive only told a few. So there are other things i just don't feel like talking about it.

And on Lund website they say they give free tune revisions for minor modifications but not big power adders, like a large shot of nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. They also say if you feel unsatisfied they will do a few data logs with you to better dial in your tune. Doesn't sound too bad to me..
Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I haven't even told you all the things that Bama has done, ive only told a few. So there are other things i just don't feel like talking about it.

And on Lund website they say they give free tune revisions for minor modifications but not big power adders, like a large shot of nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. They also say if you feel unsatisfied they will do a few data logs with you to better dial in your tune. Doesn't sound too bad to me..
So, if you pay the 200 for one tune and say 8 months later you add a CAI, Lund will revise your tune to fit the CAI at no additional charge? Then say 4 months after that you have 4:10 gears installed, Lund will revise your tune too work with the CAI and 4:10 gears for no additional charge? Then say 6 months after that you add shorty or long tube headers along with mid pipe, Lund will revise your tune too fit those new headers and mid pipe at no additional charge?

Then say 2 months after that , you decide to get a port and polish and throttle body Lund will revise the tune to fit that at no additional charge?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So, if you pay the 200 for one tune and say 8 months later you add a CAI, Lund will revise your tune to fit the CAI at no additional charge? Then say 4 months after that you have 4:10 gears installed, Lund will revise your tune too work with the CAI and 4:10 gears for no additional charge? Then say 6 months after that you add shorty or long tube headers along with mid pipe, Lund will revise your tune too fit those new headers and mid pipe at no additional charge?

Then say 2 months after that , you decide to get a port and polish and throttle body Lund will revise the tune to fit that at no additional charge?
I do not remember seeing any time limit on this so that is how it reads.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got ya. So how much faster does your custom dyno tune make your car over your Lund Tune..
More than fast enough

Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Tuning revisions for minor modifications are FREE of charge. Changes to your air intake, throttle body, exhaust, gears, etc. are all considered minor modifications. If you need a tune revision, please click the link to the support page on our website. (http://support.lundracing.com) You must sign up, and submit a request with your original order number from wherever you purchased the original tune. You are going to need to provide us the PCM Code, Flasher Serial Number, and full modification list. Lastly, we will need you to let us know what you have changed on the car so that we can make the correct tuning revisions for your modifications.

Straight from their website.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

The Safety and Performance Review is a complimentary service that we offer to all of our customers with mail order tunes. We will not be charging for this service. This gives our customers peace of mind if they have any doubts about the way their car is performing, and can also help diagnose issues possibly being caused by something mechanical or install related.

To utilize this service you will need to go to our support site at http://support.lundracing.com, sign up, and submit a request with your original order number from wherever you purchased the original tune. You are going to need to provide the PCM Code, Flasher Serial Number, and full modification list. We will reply with what we need datalogged exactly.

At most, we will review up to two sets of datalogs and send up to two tune revisions unless there is an issue that we need to sort through with more datalog review and revisions. All of our tunes are very repeatable across similar vehicles with similar modifications and should not require a lot of changes, if any.

**Currently, we are only offering this service to customers with bolt-on mail order tunes for 2011+ model vehicles.**

They also have this on their website..
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

More than fast enough

Okay, that sounds great but was just wondering if you were getting 1/2 second or more faster with a custom tune over the Lund tune. Your running boost correct?.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

No built motor and a lot of nitrous. Ditching the bottle and going single turbo.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tuning revisions for minor modifications are FREE of charge. Changes to your air intake, throttle body, exhaust, gears, etc. are all considered minor modifications. If you need a tune revision, please click the link to the support page on our website. (http://support.lundracing.com) You must sign up, and submit a request with your original order number from wherever you purchased the original tune. You are going to need to provide us the PCM Code, Flasher Serial Number, and full modification list. Lastly, we will need you to let us know what you have changed on the car so that we can make the correct tuning revisions for your modifications.

Straight from their website.
Sounds great bro. Sounds like as long as your not asking for a revised tune for a turbo, supercharger, nitrous then you basically get free tunes for life with Lund. That's sounds awesome. So, I need you too do this for the forum. I need you purchase the Lund tune for 200 dollars. I need you too purchase the MPT tune for 75 dollars. Then go to the track and see which tune, Lund vs MPT gives you the fastest times.

That would really help us out a lot. I already purchased Bama, Steeda and MPT so I took it for the team on those purchases too show dyno results. Lmao! I will report back in the future on the winner MPT vs Steeda vs Bama for the fastest track time tune.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No built motor and a lot of nitrous. Ditching the bottle and going single turbo.

Got ya. Sounds awesome. I wonder how your Lund tune would fare against your custom dyno tune at the track. Were you ever curious on which would come out on top, which tune would net your car too be faster. Lund vs your Custom dyno tune.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

No only time I used my lund tune was when it was still stock motor and boltons. I'm sure lund could get it close to where it is right now but I have been using lethal out here for awhile. Back when I ran email tunes the lund tune was the strongest.
Car is currently being set up for the track so I do not have track times. We have roll events out here at our local track and that's what my car was previously set up for

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No only time I used my lund tune was when it was still stock motor and boltons. I'm sure lund could get it close to where it is right now but I have been using lethal out here for awhile. Back when I ran email tunes the lund tune was the strongest.
Car is currently being set up for the track so I do not have track times. We have roll events out here at our local track and that's what my car was previously set up for

I got ya. That's cool. So when you just had your bolt on's and using email tunes your Lund tune ran the strongest and netted fastest times over your other email tunes. I have heard great things about Lund tunes. What other additional email tunes were you personally running besides your Lund tune?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Back then it was Lund, AED, breenspeed, bama. All pump gas then.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT