BAMA 93 Hybrid Tune with ghost cam - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Back then it was Lund, AED, breenspeed, bama. All pump gas then.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So out of all four of those email tunes your Lund tune made your stang run the fastest times. Now that's how you run a test. That's awesome! Was AED second too Lund on making your stang run fast?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Aed was verry close to lund. Breenspeed was a lot better than bama.

Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Aed was verry close to lund. Breenspeed was a lot better than bama.

That's awesome bro! Great way to true test the tunes. Sounds like for 200 dollars Lund will rewrite your tunes for lightly modified vehicles. Which include , CAI, gears, exhausts, headers, intake manifolds, throttle bodies. So, basically for 200 dollars Lund will give you free tunes as long as its not for a supercharger, turbo or nitrous. Not bad at all.

I would love to know where MPT tune would fall in performance compared to Lund, AED, VMP and Brenspeed. MPT does have a good reputation on the mustang sites to my knowledge. I do love my MPT tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's awesome bro! Great way to true test the tunes. Sounds like for 200 dollars Lund will rewrite your tunes for lightly modified vehicles. Which include , CAI, gears, exhausts, headers, intake manifolds, throttle bodies. So, basically for 200 dollars Lund will give you free tunes as long as its not for a supercharger, turbo or nitrous. Not bad at all.

I would love to know where MPT tune would fall in performance compared to Lund, AED, VMP and Brenspeed. MPT does have a good reputation on the mustang sites to my knowledge. I do love my MPT tune.
Aren't you a cop? Lol just don't seem like one. Never seen a cop so into cars. My car seems to be a magnet for them.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Aren't you a cop? Lol just don't seem like one. Never seen a cop so into cars. My car seems to be a magnet for them.

Yes sir. Been a county police officer for almost 16 years now and in the State of Maryland. A co worker of mine and I are into cars. He is a big GM fan but I don't hold that against him. Lol. He owns a 1996 Trans Am and had a Grand National prior too that. We go to Ocean City Maryland twice a year for the spring and fall car show. I went to the AM show for the first time last summer. I plan on going out to Carlisle PA this summer for the Ford show. Also, this September me and my co worker are going down too Charlotte speedway where there is a large car show.

I actually wasn't into cars all that much until little over three years ago when I purchased my first mustang and I have been hooked ever since. Lol! 4k on mods and love it. I don't mess with motorists that have sports cars, tint, loud exhaust, no front tags, etc because I love that.

I agree cars like ours definitely can draw attention to law enforcement and should you come into contact with a cop that doesn't share my love, It could be expensive. (Tickets and such)

I'm actually apart of a local mustang club and none are cops except me and its nice too get away from my fellow cop associates. No shop talk about police work and they treat me like I'm just another mustang enthusiast. Lol!

Granted most cops are going to be Richard's when it comes too cars like ours that have been modified. Lol!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Aed was verry close to lund. Breenspeed was a lot better than bama. Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Did u every use VMP? Would u take Lund over VMP by a large margin? I'm debating between them 2 right now!
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes sir. Been a county police officer for almost 16 years now and in the State of Maryland. A co worker of mine and I are into cars. He is a big GM fan but I don't hold that against him. Lol. He owns a 1996 Trans Am and had a Grand National prior too that. We go to Ocean City Maryland twice a year for the spring and fall car show. I went to the AM show for the first time last summer. I plan on going out to Carlisle PA this summer for the Ford show. Also, this September me and my co worker are going down too Charlotte speedway where there is a large car show. I actually wasn't into cars all that much until little over three years ago when I purchased my first mustang and I have been hooked ever since. Lol! 4k on mods and love it. I don't mess with motorists that have sports cars, tint, loud exhaust, no front tags, etc because I love that. I agree cars like ours definitely can draw attention to law enforcement and should you come into contact with a cop that doesn't share my love, It could be expensive. (Tickets and such) I'm actually apart of a local mustang club and none are cops except me and its nice too get away from my fellow cop associates. No shop talk about police work and they treat me like I'm just another mustang enthusiast. Lol! Granted most cops are going to be Richard's when it comes too cars like ours that have been modified. Lol!
Kona check this out..I think this says a lot!
http://www.lundracing.com/lund-racin...-quarter-mile/
Old 03-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Kona check this out..I think this says a lot!
http://www.lundracing.com/lund-racin...-quarter-mile/
Definitely impressive! Clearly, Lund's tuning is spot on!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Definitely impressive! Clearly, Lund's tuning is spot on!
Not too shabby!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I had my mind set on bama for a while but Lund sounds like a better option. Could I buy the tuner with bama tunes and use it for a Lund email tune in the future?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I just ordered my Lund tune. Can't wait to install it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
I just ordered my Lund tune. Can't wait to install it

Cool keep us posted... I wanna try this one but i dont know if 200 bucks is worth than my 75 bucks from mpt.. I can really compare from my bama and steeda and still mpt for me has more power..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmag View Post
I had my mind set on bama for a while but Lund sounds like a better option. Could I buy the tuner with bama tunes and use it for a Lund email tune in the future? Thanks Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just curious as I have seen allot of back and forth about tuners. Does anyone have a link or anything to real results? Like a company that Dyno tested multiple Tunes?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Dyno numbers are meaningless.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Just curious as I have seen allot of back and forth about tuners. Does anyone have a link or anything to real results? Like a company that Dyno tested multiple Tunes?
I did dyno my 11 3.7 and tested all three of my tunes. Steeda vs MPT vs Bama. All 91 octane tune, all same mods, all on the same day

My MPT tune made 297 rwhp
Bama 294 rwhp
Steeda 289 rwhp.

Now which tune of mine will make my stang run the fastest and by how much. That's the big question. Are we talking a full second faster, 1/2 second faster , 2 tenths faster, etc. If I were too purchase a Lund tune how much faster will my car run 0-60 mph or the 1/4 mile in over say my MPT tune? No idea. I got too drop say 200 bucks too find out. Lol.

Based on another forum member here we already know the Lund tune out performed AED by a small amount, out performed Brenspeed and Bama tunes. How will MPT fare against a Lund tune? If someone loves their MPT tune is spending another 200 dollars on another tune worth it if you pick up say 1 tenth second. Maybe, not saying its worth or not worth it?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

From what I gathered it seems like companies like Steeda, Bama and MPT are not giving tunes to break world records and for hard core drag strip enthusiasts. It seems too me the market that companies like Steeda, Bama or MPT are going for are people like me who just want much firmer shift points, better throttle response, make the car pull harder, give the car better down low grunt and just make the car accelerate faster than from the factory.

People like me who semi DD or DD their stang but don't race competitively or heavy drag strip. Hard core drag strip guys most likely will use other tuning companies that produce better results but the more one pushes that engine envelope, the greater chance of engine failure down the road. I think Bama, Steeda or MPT are more interested in give a safer tune than they are with pushing the envelope with an engine.

I'm certainly not saying Lund is blowing up engines but I would venture that majority hard core track enthusiasts are using other tuning companies besides MPT, Steeda or Bama.

Since I'm not a drag strip enthusiast, I think I will just stick too the three tuning companies I have and for the most part run my 91 MPT tune. Now if someone can show that switching to Lund will make my 3.7 a good half second faster over my MPT tune, that's a different story. Hello 200 dollars.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Thumbs up

To follow up on Kona post...

When I called BAMA about getting the hybrid tune I asked allot of questions and they were very helpful. As an example I decided NOT to go with the ghost cam tune because of the stress potential on the engine. they were perfectly willing to send it to me as well but suggested that i only run in occasionally or on weekends or strip. One of the first things they asked me when I called was if it was a strip or DD car. I will definitely forgo a bit of performance for the sake of longevity. This is my car everyday and I hope it is for a very long time.

BONUS: The hybrid tune definitely made a difference. I like it idle is lower, initial launch seems to be better than race and it did slightly change the tune of exhaust and like it as well... little more gurgle.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote:
I did dyno my 11 3.7 and tested all three of my tunes. Steeda vs MPT vs Bama. All 91 octane tune, all same mods, all on the same day

My MPT tune made 297 rwhp
Bama 294 rwhp
Steeda 289 rwhp.

Now which tune of mine will make my stang run the fastest and by how much. That's the big question. Are we talking a full second faster, 1/2 second faster , 2 tenths faster, etc. If I were too purchase a Lund tune how much faster will my car run 0-60 mph or the 1/4 mile in over say my MPT tune? No idea. I got too drop say 200 bucks too find out. Lol.

Based on another forum member here we already know the Lund tune out performed AED by a small amount, out performed Brenspeed and Bama tunes. How will MPT fare against a Lund tune? If someone loves their MPT tune is spending another 200 dollars on another tune worth it if you pick up say 1 tenth second. Maybe, not saying its worth or not worth it?
Thank you for this... appreciated.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Glad I could help. Here is my dyno sheet just to show. You know they say on here if there isn't a picture it didn't happen. Lol. I forgot to attach it on my post before

Click image for larger version

Name:	N_uN002qKzN32kNSvnI2ZMODaHfib4r1Q2n2-K_tzfo.png
Views:	134
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	149821
Old 03-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad I could help. Here is my dyno sheet just to show. You know they say on here if there isn't a picture it didn't happen. Lol. I forgot to attach it on my post before

Attachment 149821

I was wondering what do you run right now? Mpt steeda or bama?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

I don't care about Bama anymore. They are sorry and very unhelpful. I run Lund tune now.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

I was wondering what do you run right now? Mpt steeda or bama?
My MPT tune
Old 03-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
I don't care about Bama anymore. They are sorry and very unhelpful. I run Lund tune now.

Sweet bro. I'm sure you will love it.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My MPT tune

Were in the same vote sir.. They are more aggressive than my other tunes.. Does your mpg gone down with the tune?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Were in the same vote sir.. They are more aggressive than my other tunes.. Does your mpg gone down with the tune?
I'm actually rocking 26 mpg with my MPT tune. I'm happy with that. I love how MPT tuned it to do amazing engine breaking when slowing down. It sounds like I have a manual and feels like it. The MPT feels too pull the hardest
Old 03-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm actually rocking 26 mpg with my MPT tune. I'm happy with that. I love how MPT tuned it to do amazing engine breaking when slowing down. It sounds like I have a manual and feels like it. The MPT feels too pull the hardest

Yeah same here auto.. Its amazing how firm the shifts are and how it feels faster for some reason.. I called mike because of mpg went down from 23 to 19 mpg but it could have been that iv been driving in the city lately.. Last run in the hi way it went up to 24 mpg. He sent me a more conservative tune but it doesnt feel as my first one so i went back to the original..
Old 03-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From what I gathered it seems like companies like Steeda, Bama and MPT are not giving tunes to break world records and for hard core drag strip enthusiasts. It seems too me the market that companies like Steeda, Bama or MPT are going for are people like me who just want much firmer shift points, better throttle response, make the car pull harder, give the car better down low grunt and just make the car accelerate faster than from the factory. People like me who semi DD or DD their stang but don't race competitively or heavy drag strip. Hard core drag strip guys most likely will use other tuning companies that produce better results but the more one pushes that engine envelope, the greater chance of engine failure down the road. I think Bama, Steeda or MPT are more interested in give a safer tune than they are with pushing the envelope with an engine. I'm certainly not saying Lund is blowing up engines but I would venture that majority hard core track enthusiasts are using other tuning companies besides MPT, Steeda or Bama. Since I'm not a drag strip enthusiast, I think I will just stick too the three tuning companies I have and for the most part run my 91 MPT tune. Now if someone can show that switching to Lund will make my 3.7 a good half second faster over my MPT tune, that's a different story. Hello 200 dollars.
What makes u think that Lund,AED,VMP etc. are harder on the engine than Bama,Steeda,MPT? A good tuner can make better power with less stress on the engine. If the "hard core" racers are using those tune it means they're beating their engine more & if it doesn't blow I would say it's more reliable! That video of the fastest N/A 3.7 with the Lund tune track the heck out of his 3.7 was one of the 1st N/A 3.7s in the 12s & the fact that his car is still going strong says a lot to me!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah same here auto.. Its amazing how firm the shifts are and how it feels faster for some reason.. I called mike because of mpg went down from 23 to 19 mpg but it could have been that iv been driving in the city lately.. Last run in the hi way it went up to 24 mpg. He sent me a more conservative tune but it doesnt feel as my first one so i went back to the original..
All my driving is highway. I live in a very rural area so 26 mpg is with me crusing around 75 mph
Old 03-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
- I've done to the least of my car, but have too many ideas of what to do with it :-/

speaking of which I was thinking of just saving my money until the new cobras come out, trade in the stang and pay for it then and there.. *hides*
That's damn good. In my bama 93 tune I was about 22 mpg at 70 and around 24 at 60 mph. I'm waiting to see what this Lund tune will give me.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

12 mpg baby!! E85.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Don't know why it quoted that. Lol

Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
What makes u think that Lund,AED,VMP etc. are harder on the engine than Bama,Steeda,MPT? A good tuner can make better power with less stress on the engine. If the "hard core" racers are using those tune it means they're beating their engine more & if it doesn't blow I would say it's more reliable! That video of the fastest N/A 3.7 with the Lund tune track the heck out of his 3.7 was one of the 1st N/A 3.7s in the 12s & the fact that his car is still going strong says a lot to me!
Your absolutely right. I have no idea if Lund, VMP, AED tunes are harder on the engine compared to MPT, Steeda or Bama. Back during this past summer my mustang club held a dyno day at a highly respected performance shop in my area. For those forum members here from the Maryland, Delaware, PA, NJ areas this shop is located in Smyrna, DE. Its called Performance Evolution and the dyno operator (Matt) is highly respected in the tri-state area

During our dyno day I had consulted with the tuning operator and inquired about a custom dyno tune. The operator told me he really wouldn't want too take my money because he didn't feel he could squeeze out that much more power or performance if any out of my engine that I already wasn't getting with my current tunes.

This operator explained too me that there is no magic secret to tuning and regardless of the tuner, there is only so much safe power an engine is going too make. There is only so much performance a car is going to achieve based upon its mods and tune. The dyno operator told me a custom dyno tune wasn't getting me 5.0 performance out of my 3.7 engine based on my mods regardless who in the world was tuning it.

I am curious as too why more people are not running Lund , AED or VMP tunes compared to Bama, Steeda and even MPT?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I am curious as too why more people are not running Lund , AED or VMP tunes compared to Bama, Steeda and even MPT?
They do. You just need to be on the right forum.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post

They do. You just need to be on the right forum.
I got ya. It seems that people on this forum and the mustang source are using bama majority.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got ya. It seems that people on this forum and the mustang source are using bama majority.
They should all change to someone else if not for more power and reliability then for better customer service and support.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT