BAMA 93 Hybrid Tune with ghost cam - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
They do. You just need to be on the right forum.
Yup. I will give advice But everyone gets affended. This Forum could be good But there is way to many bull**** threads. And bama lovers

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Your absolutely right. I have no idea if Lund, VMP, AED tunes are harder on the engine compared to MPT, Steeda or Bama. Back during this past summer my mustang club held a dyno day at a highly respected performance shop in my area. For those forum members here from the Maryland, Delaware, PA, NJ areas this shop is located in Smyrna, DE. Its called Performance Evolution and the dyno operator (Matt) is highly respected in the tri-state area During our dyno day I had consulted with the tuning operator and inquired about a custom dyno tune. The operator told me he really wouldn't want too take my money because he didn't feel he could squeeze out that much more power or performance if any out of my engine that I already wasn't getting with my current tunes. This operator explained too me that there is no magic secret to tuning and regardless of the tuner, there is only so much safe power an engine is going too make. There is only so much performance a car is going to achieve based upon its mods and tune. The dyno operator told me a custom dyno tune wasn't getting me 5.0 performance out of my 3.7 engine based on my mods regardless who in the world was tuning it. I am curious as too why more people are not running Lund , AED or VMP tunes compared to Bama, Steeda and even MPT?
From my understanding these coyotes are tricky to time & only certain people that have experience with them know how to tune them correctly! If tuning was just tuning & nothing special anyone would be able to do it! Of course they can't make magic & turn a 3.7 to a 5.0 but a good tuner vs a mediocre tuner should be night & day! One way I look at it is u only see people switching from one group of tuners to the other that u mentioned never the other way around! *shrugs*
Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I got ya. It seems that people on this forum and the mustang source are using bama majority.
That would be correct. Go to S197 forum and they love Lund and VMP. On SVT it's AED that's the most popular.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yup. I will give advice But everyone gets affended. This Forum could be good But there is way to many bull**** threads. And bama lovers

Your experience and knowledge are always welcome by me bro. You give good information and are the man..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That would be correct. Go to S197 forum and they love Lund and VMP. On SVT it's AED that's the most popular.
Are Those mentioned sites more hard core mustang enthusiasts
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are Those mentioned sites more hard core mustang enthusiasts
Absolutely.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've been meaning to join one of those, which would you recommend?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

SVT Performance has the most activity with the 2011+ cars and some real good tech. S197 Forums doesn't have as much activity as SVT but it's a no nonsense forum unlike this one here. A good portion of the members here wouldn't last two minutes there. Modded Mustangs isn't bad as well.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Word of wisdom on svt if you get pissed at stuff i say on here then Well on svt ..................... Also the mods on svt wont humo in to save you either. If your in houston. H town Racing is another fun one.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

*jump

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #115
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry for the mix up and break up in communication between Bama and the customer. When checking with Bama, we can still offer the Hybrid tune but we're moving away from that option. The changes between that tune and the Race tune are so small that they don't plan on offering the Hybrid tune much longer. We never actually advertised the Hybrid tune on our site, it was more of a "at request" type deal.

However, do to popular demand it made us think a little bit more about what exactly the differences were that people liked so much. So the Bama team took that into consideration and started to strap our 2011+ GT's back down to the dyno. We did a lot of testing over the last few weeks and have made some great changes to the 2011+ Tunes. That being said, there is not real use for the Hybrid tune and we encourage that you give our new 2011+ Street, Performance or Race tune a shot!

I hope this clears things up. Clearly we need to do a better job of communicating with the Bama team to get this message out to the customer. We're working on that and it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. If anyone has any concerns or questions, you can feel free to shoot me a PM and or give the Bama team a call directly. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry for the mix up and break up in communication between Bama and the customer. When checking with Bama, we can still offer the Hybrid tune but we're moving away from that option. The changes between that tune and the Race tune are so small that they don't plan on offering the Hybrid tune much longer. We never actually advertised the Hybrid tune on our site, it was more of a "at request" type deal.

However, do to popular demand it made us think a little bit more about what exactly the differences were that people liked so much. So the Bama team took that into consideration and started to strap our 2011+ GT's back down to the dyno. We did a lot of testing over the last few weeks and have made some great changes to the 2011+ Tunes. That being said, there is not real use for the Hybrid tune and we encourage that you give our new 2011+ Street, Performance or Race tune a shot!

I hope this clears things up. Clearly we need to do a better job of communicating with the Bama team to get this message out to the customer. We're working on that and it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. If anyone has any concerns or questions, you can feel free to shoot me a PM and or give the Bama team a call directly. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone!

-Dan
So Dan, Is Bama now saying their new race tune is a more aggressive and better tune than the current hybrid. The hybrid provided max power down low, mid to high rpm range where the race tune provided more high end power.

So, the race tune is more like the hybrid tune now. Is it revamped and more powerful than the hybrid tune?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #117
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
So Dan, Is Bama now saying their new race tune is a more aggressive and better tune than the current hybrid. The hybrid provided max power down low, mid to high rpm range where the race tune provided more high end power.

So, the race tune is more like the hybrid tune now. Is it revamped and more powerful than the hybrid tune?
That's correct. Our new 2011+ GT tunes are great. We added everything from the Hybrid tune and more...

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 03-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's correct. Our new 2011+ GT tunes are great. We added everything from the Hybrid tune and more...

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Well, looks like I'll have too give it a try. Everything and more. Damn! Sounds great!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Well, looks like I'll have too give it a try. Everything and more. Dang! Sounds great. I do believe you got the ole juices flowing to my lower extremities now. Lmao. JK

Dan, just a friendly suggestion. AM should put this new information out on the front page too it's web site. Really communicate this new information with potentially new and existing customers all over the place. So, sounds like after testing, this new race tune for 2011 plus is making the car run faster than the previous race and hybrid tunes.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
That is if you can get bama to cooperate with you on it and send it. Last time I was told a tune was available I was told by bama that they ditched it. Then the next day I was told it was available. The lack of communication is horrible

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
That is if you can get bama to cooperate with you on it and send it. Last time I was told a tune was available I was told by bama that they ditched it. Then the next day I was told it was available. The lack of communication is horrible

Whose on first. Lol. Which way did they go George?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly how I felt. I felt as if I was being lied to and getting the run around. Not to mention all the trouble I had with the tune and them trying to blame it on the car and being rude to me in the phone telling me to bring the car to the dealer. Then when I finally got ugly back and demanded a refund they finally look at the tune and fixed it.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #123
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
That's exactly how I felt. I felt as if I was being lied to and getting the run around. Not to mention all the trouble I had with the tune and them trying to blame it on the car and being rude to me in the phone telling me to bring the car to the dealer. Then when I finally got ugly back and demanded a refund they finally look at the tune and fixed it.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a really crappy experience. I hope my response clears things up! Moving forward, I'll make sure we get you squared away in a very timely fashion. I have brought this miss communication to our Bama tuning manager and he is addressing his team and making sure they're all on the same page!

-Dan
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Well as I stated to you in the response message, I went with Lund now. I'm done with bama

Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
SVT Performance has the most activity with the 2011+ cars and some real good tech. S197 Forums doesn't have as much activity as SVT but it's a no nonsense forum unlike this one here. A good portion of the members here wouldn't last two minutes there. Modded Mustangs isn't bad as well.

Sounds good, I'll be checking out SVT.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that you had a really crappy experience. I hope my response clears things up! Moving forward, I'll make sure we get you squared away in a very timely fashion. I have brought this miss communication to our Bama tuning manager and he is addressing his team and making sure they're all on the same page!

-Dan
I feel that this needs to be said.. Even though I had a horrible experience with Bama performance and felt like American Muscle was partly responsible for promoting Bama I still have to say I have nothing against American Muscle at all. Although at first it looked as if they didn’t seem to care, Dan from American Muscle did work with me on the issue and issued me a refund for the purchase of the tune from bama. Thank you Dan and AM for that.

I have a Lund tune now and with my old style Steeda CAI and Borla axle back I pulled 400 hp and 373 torque with the first tune Lund sent me. They even offered to do a few data logs to make sure that the tune was dialed in on my car. Which I did and he said it looks great.. The Lund team is great to work with even answering emails about my tune after hours on weekend days. Awesome guys and dedicated to their customers. And if you get any small mods like changing intake or anything like that they will update your tune for you. IMO, this Is worth 200 bucks.. Couldn’t be more happy.
p.s.
I did run the bama 93 race tune on dyno to see difference.. Loaded tune let idle for 2 min, ran through gears one time then preformed a 4th gear pull just as i did with the Lund tune. Bama 93 R tune gave me 386 hp and 359 torque.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I feel that this needs to be said.. Even though I had a horrible experience with Bama performance and felt like American Muscle was partly responsible for promoting Bama I still have to say I have nothing against American Muscle at all. Although at first it looked as if they didn’t seem to care, Dan from American Muscle did work with me on the issue and issued me a refund for the purchase of the tune from bama. Thank you Dan and AM for that.
I have a Lund tune now and with my old style Steeda CAI and Borla axle back I pulled 400 hp and 373 torque with the first tune Lund sent me. They even offered to do a few data logs to make sure that the tune was dialed in on my car. Which I did and he said it looks great.. The Lund team is great to work with even answering emails about my tune after hours on weekend days. Awesome guys and dedicated to their customers. And if you get any small mods like changing intake or anything like that they will update your tune for you. IMO, this Is worth 200 bucks.. Couldn’t be more happy.
Man, that's sounds great. Enjoy your new tune.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:02 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

It's just personal preference as to who u go thru for your tune.. And to be honest probably price too! Lol I just got a new 2014 GT and love it so far!! I've had the last 3 generations mustang GT's and this one is SO MUCH farther ahead in luxury AND technology!! Now performance is obvious because if u told me when I had my '99 GT and I was dreaming of the supercharged '03-04 terminator stang that I would have a '14 GT that would have more HP I'd said u were CRAZY!! But when I DO get a tune I will DEFINITELY look at getting the best, not just an "ordinary" tune! I'm in ATL so I'll probably get a tune from the VERY good mustang guy down here, Brad Brand.. He holds the record the fastest fox coupe, don't know the record but u can look it up.. He tuned my brothers '93 GT and man it would fly!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
saleenfanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Interesting thread. I read the whole thread for the first time on any forum haha. Well a few days back I asked for a hybrid tune and they did send me a hybrid tune. The tune is pretty good and I do have race tune as well and when compared to race tune hybrid feels much more stronger. Have they started hybrid again ? There is definitely a noticeable difference in hybrid and race tune. Can I use hybrid tune as daily driver ?

After reading this thread I'm also planning to get Lund tune soon.

I'm posting this on a gt thread but I have a v6 manual to be clear
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Fyi, I have the bama 93 hybrid and lund 93 race. Not back to back, but a couple weeks apart, I ran a much more consistent time with the lund...by .5 sec! (1/4). Feels much stronger too. Didn't get a chance to run both the same night due to an idiot tail standing his firebird!
Next time out, I plan on running both back to back. Went from 13.0 ave to 12.5. Also, my mpgs went up with lunds...22 to 25 all highway @80(3.73s).
Troy
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
Fyi, I have the bama 93 hybrid and lund 93 race. Not back to back, but a couple weeks apart, I ran a much more consistent time with the lund...by .5 sec! (1/4). Feels much stronger too. Didn't get a chance to run both the same night due to an idiot tail standing his firebird!
Next time out, I plan on running both back to back. Went from 13.0 ave to 12.5. Also, my mpgs went up with lunds...22 to 25 all highway @80(3.73s).
Troy
Very impressive!

Sent from my little Johnson.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT