Fit on upgrade question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Fit on upgrade question

I have posted craig's list ads repeatedly looking for Boss or Shelby owners who have made changes and their old parts that might do my GT some good. I have mainly been looking for body and interior parts to change things up. I had a guy email me about his injectors and plugs from a 2010 GT500. Does anyone know if they are any different or better than those on my 2013 GT? Having hard time finding those kind of specs.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If you are asking this question, stick with the appearance mods. Your car has all the injector it needs at the moment.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
If they are the 47lb injectors, you can pick them up cheap, get a tune for e85 and boom...extra 20+hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I could be wrong but, I really think you're over-reading the OP's intentions.

Not only that but, 20+ horsepower can easily be found without the hassle and expense of E85 and tuning for it.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I am really just out there looking to pick stuff up on the cheap from wrecks or upgraded vehicles. More looking for appearance mods but if the right performance one fell in my lap. Not sure I want to that for injectors. and for what its worth from what i can tell that year and make are 32lb.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would be careful about turning my 30+K car into a rolling folk art display. Everyone's taste in appearance stuff is their own, no judgement. Sometimes take off stuff was taken off for a reason, though.

For performance, you do realize you have pretty much an 11 second capable car in front of you, as it sits, just putting down the power you already have. If you're going anywhere, I'd follow that path. I've had pretty good success with that.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I could be wrong but, I really think you're over-reading the OP's intentions.

Not only that but, 20+ horsepower can easily be found without the hassle and expense of E85 and tuning for it.
I did appear to skim over it a bit and missed the appearance part. The expense isn't all that bad when you consider the injectors being under $300 used, tune another $300ish. That's still cheaper than a set of longtubes, and it responds even better with other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Yeah, I am really just out there looking to pick stuff up on the cheap from wrecks or upgraded vehicles. More looking for appearance mods but if the right performance one fell in my lap. Not sure I want to that for injectors. and for what its worth from what i can tell that year and make are 32lb.
I can't remember what years had the 47lb, but if your mind isn't on performance than e85 isn't something to be considered. Have you tried calling around local salvage yards?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Tune is only 300-ish if you have the tuner. The dial-a-tune companies won't tune for E85 as part of their included tune package stuff, AFAIK.

E85 sucks for DD because you're filling up every second day and it has long term impact on the durability of seals and rubber parts exposed to it.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would be careful about turning my 30+K car into a rolling folk art display. Everyone's taste in appearance stuff is their own, no judgement. Sometimes take off stuff was taken off for a reason, though.

For performance, you do realize you have pretty much an 11 second capable car in front of you, as it sits, just putting down the power you already have. If you're going anywhere, I'd follow that path. I've had pretty good success with that.
Definitely agree, having that issue now. Wheels and tires coming in about a month. In May its LCA, UCA, Panhard and Eibach pro plus suspension pack
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tune is only 300-ish if you have the tuner. The dial-a-tune companies won't tune for E85 as part of their included tune package stuff, AFAIK.

E85 sucks for DD because you're filling up every second day and it has long term impact on the durability of seals and rubber parts exposed to it.
If I remember right, AED has an email tune for e85 that also allows you to run the fuel pump with the engine off. Meaning you can get all of the fuel out of the tank in about 10 minutes if you want to switch to the other. And yes, you lose about 5mpg, but you're basically running race gas, and saving about $1/gal. I've yet to see any complaints about seals, etc. from any 5.0 guys running it. But then again, most of these cars haven't seen much more than 40k yet.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

For durability you only need to look at the boating industry. Since even the introduction of E10 there has been a dramatic spike in durability related complaints due to the alcohol softening the seals and destroying or damaging motors.

Storage and prolonged exposure are the killers here but, eventually, if you keep using alcohol in a system not set up for it, i.e Flex-fuel cars, you will damage fuel pumps, injectors, any rubber parts in between.

Seriously, you want to be pumping out tanks of fuel, changing tunes and looking around for the sometimes elusive E85 station, all for a lousy 20 horsepower? Running a drag car, on forced induction, maximum attack, worth the effort but, not otherwise.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Craigslist isnt the greatest to find OEM Boss parts or salvage parts. I have pretty extensively gone this route. I have bought every Boss 302 interior part that differs from a GT. Interior-(Boss302 Recaro's front & back, Dash panels, LCD Cluster, Door panels, Leather E Brake) Exterior&Motor-(Grill, Intake, alternator, oil cooler, trans cooler,) Already having the Track Pack, we already have the Boss radiator, brakes & rear end. Did our own suspension upgrades, but could have picked up Boss suspension for pennies on the dollar off of the salvage cars. You need to hawk ebay, Car-parts and I keep my eye watching salvaged Boss's and when and where they auction them off. Being diligent and persistent and most importantly, be ready. When something comes available at a good price, you have to move because there are obviously a lot of people doing the same thing. I have lost some steals due to being minutes late. Now, there are three Boss's and one GT500 that died now living on in our Build-a-Boss car.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Craigslist isnt the greatest to find OEM Boss parts or salvage parts. I have pretty extensively gone this route. I have bought every Boss 302 interior part that differs from a GT. Interior-(Boss302 Recaro's front & back, Dash panels, LCD Cluster, Door panels, Leather E Brake) Exterior&Motor-(Grill, Intake, alternator, oil cooler, trans cooler,) Already having the Track Pack, we already have the Boss radiator, brakes & rear end. Did our own suspension upgrades, but could have picked up Boss suspension for pennies on the dollar off of the salvage cars. You need to hawk ebay, Car-parts and I keep my eye watching salvaged Boss's and when and where they auction them off. Being diligent and persistent and most importantly, be ready. When something comes available at a good price, you have to move because there are obviously a lot of people doing the same thing. I have lost some steals due to being minutes late. Now, there are three Boss's and one GT500 that died now living on in our Build-a-Boss car.
+1 for car-parts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT