New - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Region: Canada
New

Hi. I am new on the site ( Toronto Canada ). Which means that I'm likely at the wrong location to make this post.
Just in the process of ordering a 2014 Mustang GT, 6 speed car. Here's are my questions: Is the Brembo Brake Package option the same as the Track Pack Option ( which I keep seeing on the USA sites ). I'm not seeing a separate option for a Track Pack, only the Brembo Brake Upgrade Package. And is the Brembo package, also a factory suspension upgrade? I wonder if anyone can break it down for me and tell me what exactly is in the Brembo Package.
Im told that the Torsen rear end may whine when turning the car. I cant get an honest answer from any Ford dealership. They only sell em, but don't seem to know the gritty on their specialty car products.
Second question, and I know its a matter of personal taste: Deep Impact Blue or Black? The DIB looks a bit purple tinged in the pics. Haven't seen one live. The black, I know can be a scarey colour, swirl marks, scratches, etc.
Ty
4 Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Brembo package isn't the same as the track package. The brembo package has the brakes and the specialty wheels, the track package has some of the 302's suspension components & the upgraded radiator in addition to the brembos, in addition to the track apps and .373.

If you do the plain brembo package, request the .373 rear end and track apps. Also seriously consider the recaros, nearly everyone loves them or wishes like hell that they'd sprung for them. The aftermarket for seats is pricey, and I hear that most of them aren't even nearly as nice as the factory recaros.

I have not had a single bad noise come out of my differential at all. I think most guys that have drive line noises tend to do a fluid flush and that fixes most issues.

The deep blue can't be mistaken for purple in person. I see a few each week - they're dark, but it is definitely blue in every type of light that I see them. I just think it's too generic of a color for a mustang. Fixable with some white stripes though.

I have a black one, and as long as I am religious about washing and waxing she looks excellent. It does require more effort to keep a black car clean, but the results are worth it in my opinion. I clay bar, wax, detail spray very regularly when the weather allows.

I'd also float the idea to look at a grabber blue. That was my 2nd choice, and honestly there are some days that I wish I'd gotten one instead of black. It's a good color for these cars, and it is definitely distinctive - it honestly does 'grab' your attention when you see one.

Good luck, hope this northern winter lets out so we can go play at some point!
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #3

Ty for your quick reply. Here in Canada the order sheet does not have a separate provision for selecting the Track Pack. Rather, what Ford USA offers appears somewhat different. Up here, the Brembo Brake package appears to also contain the track package. I could be mistaken, but the dealerships Ive dealt with, have not been able to identify a separate track package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Take a look at the radiator (might wanna google some images of the 302's radiator first though). That'll give it away. You won't find a track pack 5.0 without the boss radiator. Also, check the rear differential, I think the track pack one has cooling fins on it that the regular differential does not.

If you can live without the suspension components, save yourself some cash and get the regular 5.0 with brembos, recaros, track apps, and the .373. The aftermarket for springs, LCA, UCA isn't so bad as to make foregoing the 302's pieces a mistake in my book.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I love my black GT, but it is a ton of work to keep it looking nice. My biggest problem right now is rock chips on the hood. They stick out like a sore thumb. It might be just be my area Georgia, because I did not have the problem this bad when I was in Florida. Im thinking of doing either vinyl or plastidip on the hood for a bit of paint protection. If anyone else has some better ideas that aren't ridiculously expensive I am all ears.
2014 Black Mustang GT. Roush Axleback Exhaust, Airaid Intake, JLT Oil Separator, Black Billet Grille, Fog Light Relocation, 19" sve drifts with 275/40's, D2 Coilovers, BMR Panhard Bar, BRM LCA's and UCA, KOI and Oracle Orange Dip
scc2014gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The ford stealership had some paint chip correction kits they'd sell. It was like 10 bucks for the exact Ford shade of black. After a little easy prep work and a steady hand, mine are a LOT less noticeable, especially after a coat of wax.

The local tint shop sells that clear vinyl wrap. I asked the guy about it, but apparently it doesn't work nearly as well if the surface already has a few chips. Guess I'm gonna look into it for my future cars, but Marcie is stuck with my somewhat ghetto methods
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ill have to check it out at my next oil change then. I have been driving myself crazy trying to think about the best option with out breaking the bank. I think I might try the plastidip option first since its cheap and easily removed. I think going matte on the hood and leaving the vents gloss would be a cool look, but most of all it helps protect the hood. As much as I have loved my black cars, I think the next go round Ill be going with a different color. : (
2014 Black Mustang GT. Roush Axleback Exhaust, Airaid Intake, JLT Oil Separator, Black Billet Grille, Fog Light Relocation, 19" sve drifts with 275/40's, D2 Coilovers, BMR Panhard Bar, BRM LCA's and UCA, KOI and Oracle Orange Dip
scc2014gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #8

In Canada the Brembo Brake Package is bundled together with some of the Track Pack Package. So up here the Brembo Brake pkg gives u the upgraded brakes of course, along with the Boss rad, Torsen rear/3.73, engine oil cooler. No info on this, but it wld appear that in the Great White North, there are no suspention upgrades in the pkg. There is no separate Track Package available in Canada for the 2014 Mustang GT. If Im wrong please advise.
Ty

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT