X-pipe question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
dont mean to be a thread jacker, but what is the difference between an X pipe and an H pipe? Anyone have any sound examples? Does the H pipe add more poping on decel, or the X? Which one would give you more horse power or torque? Is there any difference at all? Just trying to decide which one i should go with.
Strictly sound. H pipe will be more deep sounding.
X will be more raspy. There is not a power difference between the 2. If someone says there is they are talking ****.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
knight5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Childersburg
Region: Alabama
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Strictly sound. H pipe will be more deep sounding.
X will be more raspy. There is not a power difference between the 2. If someone says there is they are talking ****.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Thanks
__________________
Black 2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual transmission, SS clutch line
Brembo brake package
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Neither will make a difference in torque or HP to speak of. The X pipe has a little more of a newer motor growl while the H pipe is supposed to sound more old muscle car. We have an old schoool cammed 302 with long tubes and even an H pipe doesnt sound like it does.
X a little more raspy, H little less rasp. It really depends on what you mate it with. Many dont realize that with axle backs like the Roush and Magnaflow Comps, you add an off road X or H and they are loud. They will have some drone too.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
knight5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Childersburg
Region: Alabama
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Neither will make a difference in torque or HP to speak of. The X pipe has a little more of a newer motor growl while the H pipe is supposed to sound more old muscle car. We have an old schoool cammed 302 with long tubes and even an H pipe doesnt sound like it does.
X a little more raspy, H little less rasp. It really depends on what you mate it with. Many dont realize that with axle backs like the Roush and Magnaflow Comps, you add an off road X or H and they are loud. They will have some drone too.

I have Borla Atak Axle back's and i want to go with and off road H
__________________
Black 2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual transmission, SS clutch line
Brembo brake package
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
I have Borla Atak Axle back's and i want to go with and off road H
That will definitely be loud.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
knight5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Childersburg
Region: Alabama
Posts: 278
I like a deep tone. Loud is Ok as long as it sounds good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Black 2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual transmission, SS clutch line
Brembo brake package
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Be careful what you wish for, heh.

Last night I jacked up the car and tightened a few bolts on the exhaust.

I went ahead and installed the performance tune over the race tune. Drove it this morning and obviously they only put the ghost cam mode on the race tune. Performance tune definitely took the tone of the exhaust down a notch to bearable, but I think I'll still be looking for some different mufflers anyway.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #43
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Astoria
Region: Oregon
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Be careful what you wish for, heh.

Last night I jacked up the car and tightened a few bolts on the exhaust.

I went ahead and installed the performance tune over the race tune. Drove it this morning and obviously they only put the ghost cam mode on the race tune. Performance tune definitely took the tone of the exhaust down a notch to bearable, but I think I'll still be looking for some different mufflers anyway.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Compstall,

Any luck?
Red13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
I called them, they said to re-install the race tune and see if it ran normally. No luck, I've tried it 3 times. Probably have to have them re-do it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do I "need" an x pipe? rebeltx 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 23 01-27-2013 04:34 PM
Kooks catted h pipe with the side exhaust question Mustang_5.0 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 10-18-2012 12:24 PM
O/R X pipe question? Brentech Jwood04 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 09-18-2012 10:55 AM
Back-pressure Mile high JDF General Mustang Discussion 11 09-03-2012 06:22 PM
Aft cat deletion question Mustanglife Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 21 06-27-2011 10:30 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:14 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.