Bama 93R tune before and after result at the track - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Bama 93R tune before and after result at the track

Background: Car is a 6M with 3.31 gears and AEM intake and Bama 93R tune, all the rest is stock.
I headed down to MIR for Sunday test and Tune and reverted my car back to the stock program. Weight was 3905 with me in it and we had a 25 MPH cross wind. The track was cold, so getting off the starting line was a chore.
I ran a total of 9 times and ET's were all over the place for the most part, but
my best run stock was a 13.217 at 109.09 a run where I beat a new SS Camaro.
I backed that up with a 13.38 at 109.99. Both of these runs were traction limited with me leaving at idle and peddling out of the hole.

I put the Bama tune back on my car and went back to the line to face an orange Mach I.
I ran a 12.81 at 113.71 while pasting the Mach. 60 foot times still sucked but were better than before.
I backed that run up with a 12.81 at 113.16 and a 12.80 at 112.83.

I gained almost 4 MPH from the Bama tune alone and the results were pretty consistent.
I have no doubt that with some DR's and light wind I can knock about a half second off of that time as I was absolutely leaving the line like grandma to keep from boiling the tires.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
This is great information. Always like when someone posts real results that can show differences on things. Appreciate it.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Background: Car is a 6M with 3.31 gears and AEM intake and Bama 93R tune, all the rest is stock.
I headed down to MIR for Sunday test and Tune and reverted my car back to the stock program. Weight was 3905 with me in it and we had a 25 MPH cross wind. The track was cold, so getting off the starting line was a chore.
I ran a total of 9 times and ET's were all over the place for the most part, but
I backed that up with a 13.38 at 109.99. Both of these runs were traction limited with me leaving at idle and peddling out of the hole.

I put the Bama tune back on my car and went back to the line to face an orange Mach I.
I ran a 12.81 at 113.71 while pasting the Mach. 60 foot times still sucked but were better than before.

I gained almost 4 MPH from the Bama tune alone and the results were pretty consistent.
I have no doubt that with some DR's and light wind I can knock about a half second off of that time as I was absolutely leaving the line like grandma to keep from boiling the tires.
This is awesome! I hope you had a great time at the track. Test and Tunes are a lot of fun!

We really appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to test your stock tune vs the Bama 93 Race tune. Those are some pretty incredible gains. 4MPH and .4 off of your stock time is awesome!

What's up next for your build list? A set of drag radials will really help you out for the track!

Thanks for you business and loyalty. We really appreciate it!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #4

Great post. Great information. Thanks for sharing!
Crimson_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
This is awesome! I hope you had a great time at the track. Test and Tunes are a lot of fun!

We really appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to test your stock tune vs the Bama 93 Race tune. Those are some pretty incredible gains. 4MPH and .4 off of your stock time is awesome!

What's up next for your build list? A set of drag radials will really help you out for the track!

Thanks for you business and loyalty. We really appreciate it!

-Dan
Without a doubt rear control arms are at the top of the list. The wheel hop with the tune was atrocious and I had bad hop shifting into second and even a bit going into third. Once I get that sorted out I will focus on tires.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Without a doubt rear control arms are at the top of the list. The wheel hop with the tune was atrocious and I had bad hop shifting into second and even a bit going into third. Once I get that sorted out I will focus on tires.
Agreed. My next upgrade is upper and lower rear arms, panhard bar and Eibach pro plus system. I can wheel hop through three gears at this point, if you take the first 20ft light it will usually grip and go from there now. Can't wait for the power to be fully planted
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ANOTHER interesting conversation going on right now on FB with the infamous Bama 93 Race Tune.....
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

OP, thank you for this post. Giving your conditions to track in, great times. It just goes too show Bama tunes are on point. Have you tried bama's new 2011 plus race tune? I have been told the race tune has been revamped and even better than previous race tune. Apparently the new race tune has the hybrid DNA mixed in and added some extra too make it more advanced than the previous race tune.

I'm sure Dan can chime in and tell you better about bama's new improved 2011 plus tunes.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would comment on here but AM has already complained to the admins about me stating facts, they still have yet to state who their tuners are and what their experience is.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I would comment on here but AM has already complained to the admins about me stating facts, they still have yet to state who their tuners are and what their experience is.
Well, just try being nice or at least respectful when spewing your hatred for AM! I'm sure you can express your personal experiences on here!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Bama 93R tune before and after result at the track

Quote:

Can you PM me with these facts? (If you want) I'm interested

I thought the #8 issue was solved loooooong ago..

I first heard of it when I first got my mustang

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I have read a LOT of similar stories to the one on FB last night and consensus seems to be that the Bama race tunes are too leaned out during WOT for a number of reasons and #8 gets too hot goes due to inherent cooling issues with the block. Bama may have changed the way they used to manipulate the knock sensors (which was another problem that masked the lean condition) but there still seems to be a problem with their tunes having timing advanced too much and not enough fuel at WOT. I know Bama does a TON of tunes, but it seems like there waaaay too many stories popping up monthly in different forums. They all have the same thing in common, the tune. That post above is about twice as long now and there are some good informative posts as well as a herd of other persons that seemed to suffer the same fate of the guy above. Its not bashing, when people have informative civil discussions trying to resolve or understand potential issues with things we all have in common.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Not surprising by any stretch. I've said it before that I've looked over some over their logs and I didn't like what I saw. But what do I know.............
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have been running the same tune for 6000 miles, I have no knocking or noticeable pinging and the driveability is good. If that changes I would certainly change the tune, but so far I have no reason to. I only use one brand of gas, Exxon 93 Supreme.

So far so good.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So far so good.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I know Bama does a TON of tunes, but it seems like there waaaay too many stories popping up monthly in different forums. They all have the same thing.
yet you don't mention the other tuners that still have #8 issues popping up, among them the tuning god himself John Lund, let's be fair here.........

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk
Old 03-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
yet you don't mention the other tuners that still have #8 issues popping up, among them the tuning god himself John Lund, let's be fair here.........

What he said. It's just averages here. You tune 10,000 vehicles you're gonna have what seems like a lot of bad apples Vs the tuner who tunes 1000 when in all actuality it's not that bad
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
What he said. It's just averages here. You tune 10,000 vehicles you're gonna have what seems like a lot of bad apples Vs the tuner who tunes 1000 when in all actuality it's not that bad
yeah, what I find funny is, Bama is popping all these #8's but I haven't heard anyone say they've been dicked over by Bama with the #8 warranty they offer........how many lately are legit?..........or are they retreads by trolls?

Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been running the same tune for 6000 miles, I have no knocking or noticeable pinging and the driveability is good. If that changes I would certainly change the tune, but so far I have no reason to. I only use one brand of gas, Exxon 93 Supreme.

So far so good.
Have you never actually data logged the tune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
Wonderful logic here.
Quote:
yeah, what I find funny is, Bama is popping all these #8's but I haven't heard anyone say they've been dicked over by Bama with the #8 warranty they offer........how many lately are legit?..........or are they retreads by trolls?

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Blasphemy! How dare you speak of the god tuning father like that
Old 03-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I am waiting for Chris Macduff who used to be involved with Excessive Motorsport to open his new shop. He will be installing a dyno and I will have it checked thoroughly then. The car will be off of daily driving duty in about a month or so.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am waiting for Chris Macduff who used to be involved with Excessive Motorsport to open his new shop. He will be installing a dyno and I will have it checked thoroughly then. The car will be off of daily driving duty in about a month or so.
Perfect. You should post the results good or bad.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wonderful logic here.

Actually, it does make sense and quite logic. The more cars a company tunes , the higher percentage of cars having issues. Far exceed a company who tunes less cars. That's like a quarterback having a 100 % game completion yearly rating and saying how awesome he did. What that quarterback failed too mention is he only threw the ball three times the whole year compared to another quarterback who has a less passing completion ratio yet threw the ball 20 times more.

How many cars a year does bama tune? How many cars does Lund tune? What the ratio percentage. Is it 1 Lund tune too every 10 bama tunes. So is it a 1 too 10 ratio? Beats the ball snot out me. But it makes complete sense. If bama tunes 10,000 cars a year compared too competitor 1000 year. Of course your gonna here about more issues, they tune far more. Hello people. This is not rocket science. This is simple math!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

you're comparing Lund to AM? That's comparing Apples to Oranges. Most of the guys who go to Lund have used other tuners before but they stepped up to either Nitrous or Forced Induction. AM tunes guys who, well, have never modded their car before or honestly, really haven't looked around to see what other tuning companies offer.

We're a certified SCT/ Diablo sport tuning company with a legit tuner and we also offer VMP tunes. We know what we see when looking at datalogs from other company's tunes.

I'm pretty sure AM doesn't have a tuner, at least that's what the word on the street says.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you're comparing Lund to AM? That's comparing Apples to Oranges. Most of the guys who go to Lund have used other tuners before but they stepped up to either Nitrous or Forced Induction. AM tunes guys who, well, have never modded their car before or honestly, really haven't looked around to see what other tuning companies offer.

We're a certified SCT/ Diablo sport tuning company with a legit tuner and we also offer VMP tunes. We know what we see when looking at datalogs from other company's tunes.

I'm pretty sure AM doesn't have a tuner, at least that's what the word on the street says.
I personally wasn't comparing Lund to AM but more about tuning ratios compared to other tuning companies. I think its only common sense there is going too be a higher percentage of issues when more services are being done. Its the laws of average.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I personally wasn't comparing Lund to AM but more about tuning ratios compared to other tuning companies. I think its only common sense there is going too be a higher percentage of issues when more services are being done. Its the laws of average.
This is were I think you're wrong, its a crutch that allows AM to make mistakes when this shouldn't be the case..... especially when the only thing you do is N/A tunes. Lund does high horsepower, record breaking vehicles along with N/A daily drivers.

I also don't have a hate for AM, they're a respectable company. In just 10 short years they've become the Summit racing of Mustangs however, I don't respect some of the employees there. For instance, if one of the guys on this site "thinks" I'm picking on them are real person would PM me directly instead of going to the admins and complaining. Just a thought, Dan.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How about the companies that have never had a problem? They're batting a 1000 where Bama seems to have struck out once to often.

You can take a passive approach all you want but if you were one of the cars with issues would you be so callous? I think not.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How about the companies that have never had a problem? They're batting a 1000 where Bama seems to have struck out once to often.

You can take a passive approach all you want but if you were one of the cars with issues would you be so callous? I think not.
The more at bats , the higher percentage someone has too strike out. Laws of average.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Perfect. You should post the results good or bad.

I will be sure to do that, I am not biased either way.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 03-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The more at bats , the higher percentage someone has too strike out. Laws of average.
My point exactly. You really have no clue what's involved with tuning at any level. Except to give your credit card number.

Why do I even bother arguing with someone that could have had a V8.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My point exactly. You really have no clue what's involved with tuning at any level. Except to give your credit card number.

Why do I even bother arguing with someone that could have had a V8.
Lol. Funny how no cylinder issues ever with the 3.7. Perhaps the # 8 issue lied with Ford and not the aftermarket tune. Never a cylinder issue with the 3.7. Hummmmmmm
Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

same holds true for all tuners sir........as I said earlier, let's be fair here

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Even if someone has not fallen short on something they do repetitively, as soon as you touch the system you're open to an error.

I have worked in the aviation industry for over 20 years, and all manufacturers have a calculated risk factor, whether it be material or human. It's the same in any industry, whether the bean counters have actually sat down and looked at it. There's a reason for insurance; if there was no risk there would be no reason for insurance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #34
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
ANOTHER interesting conversation going on right now on FB with the infamous Bama 93 Race Tune.....
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're not active in that Facebook group. However, this allowed us to reach out to the customer. Our Bama team is working with the Customer now to figure out what the cause of the issue was and what previous tunes he has ran, what tune he was running etc...

If this customer really did have an issue with his Bama tune, and his particular case is within the warranty we will not leave him stranded. We won't leave him stranded either way and we'll make sure that he is in good hands.

-Dan
Old 03-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #35
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
That sounds great! You're going to love the adjustable UCA set up. Upper and Lower control arms were one of my favorite mods!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan

Quote:

So far so good.
I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying your tune for so long now with great results. If you do have any questions or want us to datalog this with you, that's not a problem at all!

Just give the Bama team a call and they'll gladly help you out!Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT