Ford Factory Reflash - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ford Factory Reflash

Hey guys,

I tried reading some forums before posting this, but couldn't find an exact answer. I have a SCT SX3 tuner for my 2011 mustang gt. I returned my car to stock, drove around for a week, and dropped my car off at the dealer to see why I can't pass emissions readiness. They are reflashing my computer. Will my handheld tuner still work when I get the car back? I imagine the VIN and everything would still be recognized in my tuner...

Thank you for any feedback.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
i hope you returned the car to stock before you brought it to the stealership
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
i hope you returned the car to stock before you brought it to the stealership
I did return the car back to stock. As long as I did that I should be ok?
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
I did return the car back to stock. As long as I did that I should be ok?
i would think so because its lock by the VIN of the car its used on. If you returned to stock it should be unlocked.. but if they reprogram i think it changes the number on the side of the ECU for the revision. So i would call the place i get my tunes from and tell them about it and ask if any changes are need to tune before i try to put the tune back on the car.
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight5.0 View Post
i would think so because its lock by the VIN of the car its used on. If you returned to stock it should be unlocked.. but if they reprogram i think it changes the number on the side of the ECU for the revision. So i would call the place i get my tunes from and tell them about it and ask if any changes are need to tune before i try to put the tune back on the car.
Ok. That is what I was thinking I would need to do. Thank you for the advice.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Is your real problem the fact you are running a race tune with some emmisions sensors off?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No. I returned to stock and the readiness still would not pass. I drove 500 miles and it still wouldn't work.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Have you physically looked at the o2 sensors? Stranger things have happened. Maybe a plug is loose, wire is nicked, etc.. Maybe the sensor(s) are bad. Maybe you cats are fried from running a rich tune for a long time.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Have you physically looked at the o2 sensors? Stranger things have happened. Maybe a plug is loose, wire is nicked, etc.. Maybe the sensor(s) are bad. Maybe you cats are fried from running a rich tune for a long time.
I have replaced the front O2's and the rear 02s were replaced less than a year ago. All the wires are good with no cuts. I'm not using O2 extensions either.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
I have replaced the front O2's and the rear 02s were replaced less than a year ago. All the wires are good with no cuts. I'm not using O2 extensions either.

Question, how are you able to determine the o2s were not ready in the other thread? Does the SCT tuner show you that somewhere? Or only able to tell at an inspection station? Is like to know just for my own info prior to having an inspection known.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I actually got tired of going to the emissions place to check readiness so I did some research and found a OBD2 reader that has the readiness tests built into it. I paid $100 for it. Definitely worth the trouble IMPO.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the model I got. It has been working great for me, and makes it easy to see if my emissions is ready. I'll be using it every year before I head to the emissions inspection to make sure I'm good to go.

Equus INNOVA 3100 ABS CAN/OBDII Code Reader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	150491  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT