BBK Thottle Boby 90mm - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
BBK Thottle Boby 90mm

Hi

I have just replaced my OEM 80 mm TB with BBK's 90 MM and then took a 800 mi ride yesterday. Adaptor that reduces diameter from the air aid outlet to the OEM TB was cut to taper (air aid oultet size is the now same as TB inlet !). Looked sexy for air flow patterns.

After adding Borla Attack, Air Aid cold air induction, and hypertech with premium fuel tuning, the Thottle seemed logic.

Well, I am impressed.

Got at least 5% mileage increase measured twice on 200 miles each time, and felt much more low end response (2000 rpm 6th gear acceleration stronger). I could not test hi end response due to the weather, yet.

I was usure, now a beleiver !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have a 90mm bbk tb as well, but I wouldn't say it is all that. I only got it because it was the only addition I hadn't really gotten yet and it will be better once I go forced induction. Your claims, IMO, are a bit exaggerated.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP North View Post

Well, I am impressed.

Got at least 5% mileage increase measured twice on 200 miles each time, and felt much more low end response (2000 rpm 6th gear acceleration stronger). I could not test hi end response due to the weather, yet.

I was usure, now a beleiver !
I can appreciate the number on the mileage increase, but NO company worth it's salt has ever been continuously successful selling their product with the words, "you'll FEEL MUCH MORE low end response." Quantify with numbers please or your method of testing is pretty much bunk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you did or didn't gain mpg or low end throttle response as long as your happy then good for you man. I put the 85mm bbk tb on and am still wondering why lol.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Only throttle body proven to do anything is the acufab 85.5. Cheap out on bbk stuff and you have a glorified paper weight

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

BBK wasn't cheap so I can only imagine how much the one your speaking of is...
Old 03-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staytru06 View Post
BBK wasn't cheap so I can only imagine how much the one your speaking of is...
$540. And I'm talking about bbk being cheap in general.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I guess silly me then cuz that's only roughly 160$ more than the BBK, it was a gift tho so I guess a paper weight/pencil holder isn't to bad.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

We run the BBK 90mm TB and love it. Once again all the "experts" here that don't even use one, will chime in like they know it ALL about something they have never even tried or have experience with. It has been a good addition to our setup. Its performance has been good and it allows us some expansion for the motor in the future.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
We run the BBK 90mm TB and love it. Once again all the "experts" here that don't even use one, will chime in like they know it ALL about something they have never even tried or have experience with. It has been a good addition to our setup. Its performance has been good and it allows us some expansion for the motor in the future.
Your the only one to recommend a bank then. Acufab out flows everyone. Also the only throttle body recommended by the big name tuners. So keep on " expert".

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

*bbk

Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Why would you want a 90mm throttle body when the boss is only 85?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Because we will add a Paxton down the road to this setup.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Because we will add a Paxton down the road to this setup.
That makes since then. Just like everyone that runs the plate kits with the boss intake. Plate kit is 80mm. While boss is 85. Nitrous outlet will make a custom 85 mm plate. Which they are doing for my new 2 stage setup

Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
As recommended above, I hope to get dyno measurements done in order to quantify my claim, as there is already plenty of benchmarking data on this site.

I do not expect to be in the same league as the most enthousaistic Mustang buddies, but I am curious about claims from aftermarket part manufacturers, and I also have expectations regarding synergy of the accumulated upgrades.

Does anyone know a place to go to for dyno measurements in the Montreal area ?

Anyone want to guess where I am at with power/torque peaks, from the OEM 2012 GT 5.0 ?
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'll guess you're at 350 rwhp, +/- 100 hp, I know I'm right. Why guess, go find a dyno and solidify your gains on paper, or, how much you didn't gain with your $100's, heh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can appreciate the number on the mileage increase, but NO company worth it's salt has ever been continuously successful selling their product with the words, "you'll FEEL MUCH MORE low end response." Quantify with numbers please or your method of testing is pretty much bunk.
Compstall, you need to trade your Mustang back in for another Camaro then.....
One of Ford's Slogans - "FEEL THE DIFFERENCE"

but hey, not worth their "salt" I guess
Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

They back up their feeling with numbers.

The only reason I would want a Camaro is so I wouldn't have to shell out $1500+ for a cam swap.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
gah... all this **** talking. shut up and drive. lol. who cares what mods do what blah blah blah. you're either happy with it or you're not. if not sell it, return it, trade it whatever try something else out. Just because it works or didn't work on one car doesn't mean it won't work on another. Yeah common since a 200 shot nitrous set up will make big gains. no **** Sherlock ... big whoop. what else is new?

"You might think that's not cricket, and it's not, it's motor racing"

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"
gdcracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT