New 2014 Gt 5.0 Manual Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #1

New 2014 Gt 5.0 Manual Mustang

So, let me start by saying I've owned 5 previous mustangs, and by far this is my favorite one. Im not so good on knowledge of the type of upgrades and how I would go about getting upgrades to my liking. Is there any cheap fast upgrades that will increase hp to get me started in the right directions? Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
D3MONICSIL3NC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3MONICSIL3NC3 View Post
So, let me start by saying I've owned 5 previous mustangs, and by far this is my favorite one. Im not so good on knowledge of the type of upgrades and how I would go about getting upgrades to my liking. Is there any cheap fast upgrades that will increase hp to get me started in the right directions? Any help appreciated.

Congratulations and welcome! I would save these websites
Americanmuscle.com
Stangmods.com
Latemodelrestoration.com

These are all good websites for parts, my personal preference would be americanmuscle because they have excellent customer service.

For best bang for your buck performance mods, a tune or rear end gears are at the top of the list. Then you could add some long tube headers, full exhaust, boss intake manifold, throttle body, upper and lower lcas, the list just goes on and on! Just check out one of those websites and look around to see what you like the best.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #3

Thank you. This is gonna help so much!

D3MONICSIL3NC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Another black mustang! Good choice, I share your tastes.

I want to mention something that will save you lots of heartache down the road - spring for that clear front end wrap to protect that paint. Do it before you get any chips or scratches...I kick myself every day for not thinking of doing it before I got my first few rock chips.

For performance mods? Depends on your goal, but most guys like doing an offroad H or X pipe, an intake, upper and lower control arms as a start. You'll need a tune for just about any non-suspension modification you do, so go check them out. I run with BAMA (mostly because of the free tunes for life program, plus American Muscle backing). Others like LUND, AED, Steeda, and so on.

If you want sound, go look at axle backs. Lots like the Roush, others like the GT500s, some prefer the Borlas and Corsas, I prefer the flowmaster outlaws (the looks I get in traffic....)

Since you're rocking our MT82, go take a very hard look at an aftermarket shifter. MGW gets the most love around here (and for good reason!), but I think most of the choices do wonders to make that sloppy stock shifter much better.

The forums have lots of good info, dig in!
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I recently installed all the mods in my sig to my 2014. I started with the suspension so it could better handle the current and future horsepower goals.

The MGW shifter is one of my favorite upgrades. Huge improvement over the stock. Once I missed a single 2-3 shift I knew I had to order one.
3.31 gears, FRPP TracKey tuned, FRPP K springs, FRPP Adjustable Shocks/Struts, FRPP front/rear sway bars, FRPP Panhard, Steeda UCA / LCAs, GT500 Quad tip AB, MGW shifter, Niche Targa Blk 19" Staggered wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
MALWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Congrats on you're 5.0 wish i cud have one how much was it
Old 04-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I will say the mgw shifter is the next upgrade to my black 14 5.0 I drove one with that setup and it's night and day difference. Mine is going to service Monday for a bad synchronizer for 3rd gear. Luckily it's under warranty and cost is nothing BUT I will not deal with the stock shifter again and I'll be making the switch when i get back. I hear a lot of people have problems with 3rd from operator error but I'm not stupid 3rd u just palm foward it's SUPPOSE to just find it's way there with ease and it is not as consistent in doin that like the MGW setup did. Head this advice. I heard Barton was 2nd par but was still nice upgrade compared to factory and CONGRATS you have a hell of a machine now !!
MyMustangIsBlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Congrats on the car. I am a HUGE fan of American Muscle because they are really helpful and great customer service. They have told me not to spend money on something and save it for something else before because for what I am doing wasnt worth it. That says allot.

As for Mods mine are listed right here in sig line. I am doing some suspension next which will be new panhard (adjustable) upper control arm (adjustable) lower control arms and the Eibach pro system plus to lower and help handling. That said I did everything on the list below for about $3,200 (wheels 1,350 of that with new tires). the next phase of the suspension work will be about $1,700. I LOVE what I have done so far but it is loud so might want to consider different axle backs if you dont want to go too loud.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT