Ordered a 2014 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Ordered a 2014 GT

I ordered a 2014 mustang gt w/ recaro seats/track package/reverse senor and alarm back in mid march. I have a few questions before is starts to get built.

1) I hear the mt-82 isn't that great of a transmission. Did they fix the issues for 2014? Would it be a better option to change the order to an auto? I don't plan to add crazy power to the car. This is going to be a daily driver. If i do mod the car i prob wont go further then full bolt-ons. (that's quick enough for me)

2) I paid 29,900 for the car. Good deal? Not sure what kind of deals people are getting right now.

3) I test drove the car and didn't detect any of this. I currently have a 2012 civic si. the rev hang in the car is HORRIBLE. it makes getting a smooth shift tough sometimes because it's very unpredictable. Can someone please confirm if this car experiences this issue?

4) Are you able to make changes to the car before it starts production? Do you get confirmation from Ford when the build starts?

Thanks
Ar0maticdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The MT82 issues get blown way out of proportion. Maybe guys adding over 900 hp are blowing them up. It does however become notch when cold especially in the winter, all u gotta do is take it easy for the first 10 minutes and baby it in gear, once it's warm it's like a hot knife thru butter. U made a great choice, these are awesome cars for the $$
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Congratulations on ur purchase.... a lot of guys prefer the auto when building a drag car. It shifts quicker and it can handle a lot of hp but I personally enjoy the mt82. I have 30k on my 2012 and have had no issues. Like gtstyles stated above, when its cold its notchy until it warms up and then it shifts beautifully. I great addition to the mt82 is a MGW shifter but I found that even a barton bracket makes a world of difference by stiffening up the stock shifter assembly. You are going to love the mustang. Take it easy with it for the first 1000k and always use good synthetic oil. I prefer amsoil personally and always use good gas. Im a firm believer that good gas is the key to a healthy engine
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Is it the GT base or Premium?
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think that is a good price and congrats on the new car. I would definitely go with the manual... just more fun. I will say though that I got a Barton short shifter I love. That isnt necessary but I would definitely get the bracket. the stock bracket leaves alot of room for slop. The short shifter was a huge plus but the bracket alone will really help with shifting through gears.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mother effer I paid $36,700 for my 13 GT Premium with Recaro and brembo lol

Great deal man! I heard you can make changes while your order is being completed. Keep the manual trans. It's more fun trust me. Especially if you're not intending on outright drag or tracking the car.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I hope they can make changes! I ordered my GT on March 7th and it's scheduled to be made on April 14th. I called last Friday and told them to add the FP8 appearance package. They told me they would call the factory and try to get it done, but they weren't sure. Let's hope!!!!
BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

My friend who owns an MT82 is on his 4th transmission and this ain't no aprils fool joke.
I got the 6R80 for a reason because it is bulletproof and it is my daily driver. I can understand the argument that you will miss the joy of shifting gears with a clutch but 13-14s have select shift which isn't bad. Go for the auto!
seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar0maticdecay View Post
I ordered a 2014 mustang gt w/ recaro seats/track package/reverse senor and alarm back in mid march. I have a few questions before is starts to get built.

1) I hear the mt-82 isn't that great of a transmission. Did they fix the issues for 2014? Would it be a better option to change the order to an auto? I don't plan to add crazy power to the car. This is going to be a daily driver. If i do mod the car i prob wont go further then full bolt-ons. (that's quick enough for me)

2) I paid 29,900 for the car. Good deal? Not sure what kind of deals people are getting right now.

3) I test drove the car and didn't detect any of this. I currently have a 2012 civic si. the rev hang in the car is HORRIBLE. it makes getting a smooth shift tough sometimes because it's very unpredictable. Can someone please confirm if this car experiences this issue?

4) Are you able to make changes to the car before it starts production? Do you get confirmation from Ford when the build starts?

Thanks

Did you order a GT Premium or Base? That's a awesome price dude!!
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It's not the premium. Just a GT

Anyone experience any rev hang with the mt-82?

Did anyone put better MTF in to see if it shifted smoother?

and i do plan on playing around with the car at the track etc, but im not going to go crazy like my friends do with 700hp mustangs etc. just full boltons why i was wondering if the auto would be better. i herd it's only better if u add a lot of power

now i'm getting cold feet about the mt-82
Old 04-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I have a 14 GT with the MT82, and have had no issues. You can remove the helper spring for the clutch. Some people like the stiffer clutch, and this does resolve the clutch sticking to the floor.

Since I have had no issues, I have left it in. Love the feel, and nothing beats a manual for enjoying the car IMO.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seville View Post
My friend who owns an MT82 is on his 4th transmission and this ain't no aprils fool joke.
I got the 6R80 for a reason because it is bulletproof and it is my daily driver. I can understand the argument that you will miss the joy of shifting gears with a clutch but 13-14s have select shift which isn't bad. Go for the auto!
If he broke one transmission then the transmission could be a dud.

He breaks two then maybe he's really really unlucky to get two bad transmissions.

But he breaks three and is on his fourth which I think will break on him soon then one must think this dude can't drive worth a lick on a stick. Or he's supercharged/turbocharged his stang to over 700rwhp. So not a bad design just not used within the design limitations.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
If he broke one transmission then the transmission could be a dud.

He breaks two then maybe he's really really unlucky to get two bad transmissions.

But he breaks three and is on his fourth which I think will break on him soon then one must think this dude can't drive worth a lick on a stick. Or he's supercharged/turbocharged his stang to over 700rwhp. So not a bad design just not used within the design limitations.

I think a lot of these dudes burning the transmissions are ramming it in hard b4 it gets warm and lubed. It can't be a coincidence!! I got an early 11 and yea I experienced some notchiness, but I've done most the necessary mods to make it bulletproof and it has been just that. Mine is like a hot knife thru butter
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not the premium. Just a GT

Anyone experience any rev hang with the mt-82?

Did anyone put better MTF in to see if it shifted smoother?

and i do plan on playing around with the car at the track etc, but im not going to go crazy like my friends do with 700hp mustangs etc. just full boltons why i was wondering if the auto would be better. i herd it's only better if u add a lot of power

now i'm getting cold feet about the mt-82

Just go for the auto and enjoy the car. Great price BTW.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
don't go for the auto, you did the right thing ordering the 6 speed

south west florida area-estero, fort myers
Kurt_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I bought mine with the automatic and didn't even consider the MT-82 but after hearing a lot of people having issues with these transmissions, I'm glad that I got the automatic. I guess I'm also one of the few people who don't really like driving a manual transmission. My fiancée has an 07 GT with the five speed manual so I can drive that if I ever get the urge to drive a manual.

Wayne
Old 04-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I got my 2014 GT base manual with the FP8 appearance package for $27,100
BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

ok thanks guys. i will let u know what decision i make and post some pics when the car comes in. if i get a manual i will def get a short shift assembly since most people says that fixes the problem.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok thanks guys. i will let u know what decision i make and post some pics when the car comes in. if i get a manual i will def get a short shift assembly since most people says that fixes the problem.

The suspense is killing me already lol
Old 04-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Well I would definitely not change it to an automatic!! I mean there is perks on having an auto, but honestly I had an 06 GT Automatic and it was sweet and all but now that I have my 14 GT in manual, WOW what a difference of car! So fun to drive, you can hear your exhaust when your shifting versus an automatic where you have to step on it to hear it! lol That is a GREAT price for your car! I paid $36 K for my 14 GT/CS including TT&L.... I will have this one until 2016, then to 6th gen! Congrats on your car, keep us posted on what ya do!
dabishop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:40 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You should just get a V6, blah blah

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I think you could have gotten a much better deal, I just bout a 14 Gt auto premium, brembo, Nav, rear sensing package. Msrp ~41k, dealer took off 3.6k, and ford gave 3k to fin. Through my own bank, which I got for 2.3 apr

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
All this pricing bull**** just depends on the local market where you are. There's factory incentives but, if nobody's buying product or can get easy financing and you can, you're in the catbird seat. If you're in a well-off area with steady demand for new vehicles, good luck.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
All this pricing bull**** just depends on the local market where you are. There's factory incentives but, if nobody's buying product or can get easy financing and you can, you're in the catbird seat. If you're in a well-off area with steady demand for new vehicles, good luck.
Pretty much, got to shop around I contacted about 15 dealerships, stepped foot into 1.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goohead View Post
I think you could have gotten a much better deal, I just bout a 14 Gt auto premium, brembo, Nav, rear sensing package. Msrp ~41k, dealer took off 3.6k, and ford gave 3k to fin. Through my own bank, which I got for 2.3 apr

i'm not trying to compare what each of us got off of our cars but i got 3,750 in incentives and the dealer took off 3.2k. i got around 7k off the car. The bank i went to i got around 2.3 which u got also i did have to sign up with a bank account and use direct withdrawl to get it though. so i got around what u got off

i'm in the philadelphia area high demand why they had to order one. they only had a few on the lot
Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goohead View Post
Pretty much, got to shop around I contacted about 15 dealerships, stepped foot into 1.

same dam thing i did. it got to the point i put a 1k check on their desk and told them to beat the other guy and i will sign now. they said there is noway they could beat it! i refused to over pay

one dealership tried to charge me 28k on a case model gt with no packages hahahahah
Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFiveOh View Post
I got my 2014 GT base manual with the FP8 appearance package for $27,100
I bought the same car in deep impact blue for $27,169 plus TTL. I also got a 1.9% APR loan.

Pics!
Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys here it is.

After talking to all of my friends (my friend is a mechanic himself who owns a 2013 with 650 rwhp) and the owner of a shop i decided to go with the auto. After talking to the the owner of a performance shop that specializes in mustangs there was no doubt in my mind the auto is the way to go in these cars.

I went into the dealership today and swapped the stick for the auto and the track pack for the brembo package. I'm luck i went in today as my car was scheduled to be built on the 17th so today was the last day i could change the car.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I think you made a good decision in the auto. I got an auto on my 2014 GTCS and love it.
2014GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You should order the racaros if you can IMHO. Congrats!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I did order the reacro Seats. Brembo package. And reverse sensor with alarm
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I think the Auto was a good choice but I'm bias. I think it's a lot more durable transmission and I like how mine performs. Although not exactly like a manual transmission, you will have select shift with the automatic so you can act like you have a manual transmission.

Wayne
Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Ar0maticdecay...you got the perfect setup. It was good that you opted out of the track pack. If you plan to autocross the car look at cortex watts link and torque arm to fix all the rear end suspension issues. It's expensive though. Lol
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats but you will regret not getting a stick! The "auto to manual" is not the same. I have that in my Maxima, although its neat and all....NOT THE SAME AS HAVING A STICK IN YOUR HAND! but again thats my opinion!
dabishop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabishop25 View Post
Congrats but you will regret not getting a stick! The "auto to manual" is not the same. I have that in my Maxima, although its neat and all....NOT THE SAME AS HAVING A STICK IN YOUR HAND! but again thats my opinion!
I think i can live without shifting as i relax and enjoy the ride. also i'm getting into drag at atco so the auto is a no brainer.

i'm just going to have to learn how to use the auto on the track.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT