decision time V-6 OR V-8.....?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #36
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
If your driving a V6 mustang Your really not driving a Mustang
So its really what you want out of your Mustang
a wannabe Poser with a V6 and racing stripes
or a Real Deal Muscle car that will intimate any Camaro or SRT Challenger
Bashing of other Mustang owners is not allowed on these forums so lay off it.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 03:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The only thing I didn't like about my 13 gt stock was the exhaust. I could not even hear it from the inside, not much anyway. After I put my axle backs on, its awesome sounding now. Back in the day, I always thought that 4 and 6 cylinder mustang and Camaros should have never been made. But nowadays, it makes since and they have so much power now. I had a 1978 mustang king cobra II that only had 135 horsepower stock. One of the foxbody 2.3's could probably outrun one of those stock. Mine was built of course though. Anyway, it all comes to expense. Insurance will be more, and probably a little more in gas through the year but if it were me and I could afford it, I would always have the GT or BOSS, Shelby, roush, etc. Good luck and just go what with you feel in your heart. My thing is, if I cant buy what I WANT to begin with, I will wait till I can because I don't want to regret it everyday.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
decision time V-6 OR V-8.....??

Quote:
I knew the V6 boys were gonna band together and state how much faster their cars are then the old V6 of the days past

let me " REPEAT " that its the Aural Sound of owning a V8
that gives the 5.0 owners a bond between owner and vehicle that a V6 just can not deliver.

If you think that the success for a multi million dollar aftermarket for axlebacks on 5.0's is only because its louder, Your missing the point.
When you get the right combination of engine and pipes
Its Heavier

And thats something money or speed just cant buy $$

Long live Rock and Roll
Long Live V8's

Lol "long live V8's." I just hope you know that without us posers, your V8 would just be a footnote in Mustang history. The V6s wildly outsell GTs and always have. Without the V6, it's more than fair to say that the Mustang WOULD NOT have survived the gas crisis of the 1970s. Nor would it be here today. Seriously bro, grow up. It's pretty immature of you to say the things you did. But I am getting off topic and, unlike you, won't waste my time mud slinging and calling names.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #39
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
OP, back on track with usefull info. Yes you have two choices for V6 2.73 or 3.31 get the 3.31. You loose a little hwy mpg but worth the acceleration. I turn just over 2k at 70 mph so it ain't winding. I will suggest not to get the V6 for mpg savings it ain't worth it but in initial cost it is. But, you do get more back o n the V8 when getting rid of it. My other preferance would be to get a base V8 rather than a premium V6 but that is opinion only and if you prefer bells and whistles to power and I ain't the one making your payments all I can do is say what I would do.

oh yeah, if you get the V8 you don't have to listen to the haters.....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
OP, back on track with usefull info. Yes you have two choices for V6 2.73 or 3.31 get the 3.31. You loose a little hwy mpg but worth the acceleration. I turn just over 2k at 70 mph so it ain't winding. I will suggest not to get the V6 for mpg savings it ain't worth it but in initial cost it is. But, you do get more back o n the V8 when getting rid of it. My other preferance would be to get a base V8 rather than a premium V6 but that is opinion only and if you prefer bells and whistles to power and I ain't the one making your payments all I can do is say what I would do.

oh yeah, if you get the V8 you don't have to listen to the haters.....
Lol "haters".

I still say get the V8. If you want mpg there are better mpg out there. If you want easy to drive and own I think there are other cars out there too.

But Mustang V6 does offer up a good compromise cuz damn if 305HP isn't a good reason to give up some economics and arguably easier drivability (ie 4 doors, smaller car for easier parking, 40mpg or whatever).

If you drive the V6 and it makes you smile like a champ then thumbsup to you and enjoy!
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol "haters".

I still say get the V8. If you want mpg there are better mpg out there. If you want easy to drive and own I think there are other cars out there too.

But Mustang V6 does offer up a good compromise cuz damn if 305HP isn't a good reason to give up some economics and arguably easier drivability (ie 4 doors, smaller car for easier parking, 40mpg or whatever).

If you drive the V6 and it makes you smile like a champ then thumbsup to you and enjoy!

305 is pretty damn fun specially with a few bolt ons to wake up those hidden HPs lol
The only thing i didnt like was that guy saying driving a V6 is being a poser because if it was like that than driving a V8 without it being supercharged like the GT500 is being a poser too. Many people like myself cant afford the V8 yet or at least in my case the money i would spend on the V8 i need it for other responsibilities but i still wanna drive a mustang so i got the V6 which for me right now if fun enough. Ive test driven a 13 5.0 and it is 10000 times more fun but not in my plans to have one YET lol
In any case if you can afford to get one then by all means do. By the way your car is niiiiiiice bro 👍
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ok, this debate comes up all the time. I like the V6's and totally understand getting one because everyone has different budgets. That said why would you buy a V^ over a V8 other than money? Would you ever walk into a Lambo dealer and say "sheeh, love the looks of that Aventador but a V12?? Have anything with a four banger in it?"

Money is a part of life and if you get the V6 you should love it, do what you can to it and be proud of hell of it. But to choose it with money as no issue? Why? Enviroment? If thats it get a Cmax
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

decision time V-6 OR V-8.....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
305 is pretty damn fun specially with a few bolt ons to wake up those hidden HPs lol
The only thing i didnt like was that guy saying driving a V6 is being a poser because if it was like that than driving a V8 without it being supercharged like the GT500 is being a poser too. Many people like myself cant afford the V8 yet or at least in my case the money i would spend on the V8 i need it for other responsibilities but i still wanna drive a mustang so i got the V6 which for me right now if fun enough. Ive test driven a 13 5.0 and it is 10000 times more fun but not in my plans to have one YET lol
In any case if you can afford to get one then by all means do. By the way your car is niiiiiiice bro 👍
Thanks man! My girl thinks I baby the GT more than I baby her lol!!!

I just looked at her, shrugged my shoulders, continued buffing Mia while slowly whispering to Mia, "Baby don't listen to Susan, she didn't mean it like that... Here you go some more wax just for you." LMAO

JK I take care of both equally well. But seriously Mia never comes into the bedroom complaining that I spend too much time with Susan lol
Old 04-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #44

I didn't want this to b BASH session I have
Been told that my local dealership has 3 GT's including a 2010 so I'm going in Saturday morning for a test drive. I will let you all now how I will be feeling
coolberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #45
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolberg View Post
I didn't want this to b BASH session I have
Been told that my local dealership has 3 GT's including a 2010 so I'm going in Saturday morning for a test drive. I will let you all now how I will be feeling
Just remember that the 2010 has the older 4.6L engine that puts out about 100 hp than the Coyote 5.0L engine.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly. Having owned a blown 3v and my wife had a 12 3.7. Honestly I would take the 3.7 over the 3v4.6. So just take that into account at the dealership

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

I just looked at her, shrugged my shoulders, continued buffing Mia while slowly whispering to Mia, "Baby don't listen to Susan, she didn't mean it like that... Here you go some more wax just for you." LMAO

JK I take care of both equally well. But seriously Mia never comes into the bedroom complaining that I spend too much time with Susan lol

Lmao! nice!
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Lmao same here ! Shes like you buy your baby more things than me lol 😂
But hey what can we do right ?
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Just remember that the 2010 has the older 4.6L engine that puts out about 100 hp than the Coyote 5.0L engine.
You mean 100 less HP
Old 04-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You mean 100 less HP
Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
You mean 100 less HP
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #52
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Yes, for some reason my phone deleted the word less.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

OP, just buy two 6's and then you got a V12. Ha ha ha. Case closed
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Get the gt. It's worth the extra money and you'll want to keep it for the life of the car. It never gets old. I miss it when I don't drive it for a few days because of business /vacation whatever. My brother had a 2012 v6 that he liked but ultimately traded it in for a 3 series. He regrets not getting the 5.0. I won't be trading my car for a 3 series. It's worth every penny spent on it.
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Ok, this debate comes up all the time. I like the V6's and totally understand getting one because everyone has different budgets. That said why would you buy a V^ over a V8 other than money? Would you ever walk into a Lambo dealer and say "sheeh, love the looks of that Aventador but a V12?? Have anything with a four banger in it?"

Money is a part of life and if you get the V6 you should love it, do what you can to it and be proud of hell of it. But to choose it with money as no issue? Why? Enviroment? If thats it get a Cmax
For me money wasn't an issue and I went with the v6 simple because I was looking for a daily drive and IMO a 305 HP car is more fun to drive on the street opposed to a 420 HP car, and like I said before faster doesn't always equate to more fun. With the V6 I can actually drive the car and go through the gears and just enjoy it everyday. I know this is the internet and everyone's a big shot, but for those with GT's when you drive your car on the street how often do you actually drive the car to its full potential? For 99% of people if there truthful that's going to fall in the rarely/never category.

And I've been on both sides as both have pros and cons. I used to have a 400+ Trans Am that I drove every day and would track on the weekends occasionally. If I still had time to make it to the track on a somewhat regular basis I would have gotten a GT but just don't have time for it at this point in my life so I choose to have a fun daily driver opposed to a fast car that I know I don't have time to race.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your driving a V6 mustang Your really not driving a Mustang

The whole reason to drive a Mustang is to marvel at the 5.0 engine that it comes with
I traded in my 2011 Mazda speed 3 that i owed 22k on and got slammed with a $5000 loss towards my GT.

But The speed 3 would run circles around the v6 stang in all the departments
so getting a v6 stang would of been a downgrade

You have to take in consideration the main attraction of a 5.0 is the SOUND !!
yea you might spend more on gas and insurance,
But put on a set of GT 500 muffs on these things and even a 3 block trip to your local 7/11 can be a song that always keeps the radio off.

Not to mention the way i ordered my base GT with only the Track Pak and Recaros
its practically a Boss 302 minus the 10k extra
And practically just as Fast, running a 12.5 Stock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So its really what you want out of your Mustang
a wannabe Poser with a V6 and racing stripes
or a Real Deal Muscle car that will intimate any Camaro or SRT Challenger

The beauty of the 5.0 is
something called STREET CRED ~~
Not many cars will screw with it $

That in itself is worth the price of admission

I will take being a poser and racing stripes baby any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

OP, it really comes down to what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. People always say if you can afford it, get the 5.0. It's not always about if one can afford something. It's about are your willing to pay a certain price for the product regardless if you can afford it. I could of afforded a 5.0 but I wasn't willing to spend the extra 7,500 dollars for it so I got my 3.7. Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they will buy it. I can afford to buy a gallon of milk if you charge me 20 dollars for it. I'm not going to pay 20 dollars but I can afford the 20 dollars if I wanted to. There is a difference. OP you need to figure out what your looking for in a performance car. Not everybody needs or wants 420 hp too make them happy. Not everybody in the world cares about doing 0-60 in 4.4 seconds or adding boost to 600 rwhp on stock internals.

Some people just want great looking mustang that has better than average pickup and can haul A$$ when merging. Matter of fact people on these forums are in the minority and majority consumers couldn't give a rats a$$ about 420 HP. They want to turn the key, there ***** turns on and they look good in the awesome pony.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I say the speed limit is not getting any higher.

The aerodynamics of the new v-8 is better than the v-6. Most of my mods add less than 10 hp. I hope mods have improved for the v-6. If I were starting over it would be a non moded v-8 all the way. A bolt on mod v-6 will never catch up. Not complaining, just giving you a heads up.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love my 13 GT and wouldn't give up the V8 for a V6 but your original post does slam V6 Stangs unnecessarily.

Everyone is entitled to their argument of which is his/her preferred Stang. I stated my case for V8 power, sounds, rumble and overall feel.

But your very first sentence outright called V6 Mustangs non-Mustangs and posers. You're lookin for a fight bro.

I'm a V8 owner and even I'm tempted to stand by the V6ers "banding" together. Everyone has their own version of perfection or satisfaction or whatever.

Glad you love your GT. I love Mia (my 13 GT Premium) and I'm certainly not gonna stand in the way of anyone's love for their own Mustang.

As for street cred mustangs are fast/quick but stock for stock its not really king of the hill. No where close really.

Really'
How many STOCK american made cars are running 12.5 on street tires
ill even include cars from the 60's and 70's ?
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post
Get the gt. It's worth the extra money and you'll want to keep it for the life of the car. It never gets old. I miss it when I don't drive it for a few days because of business /vacation whatever. My brother had a 2012 v6 that he liked but ultimately traded it in for a 3 series. He regrets not getting the 5.0. I won't be trading my car for a 3 series. It's worth every penny spent on it.
I must... agree +8(V)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I will take being a poser and racing stripes baby any day of the week and twice on a Sunday.
Kona don't lie you secretly wannabe a V8 Baby!!! Bwahahaha

You save on gas money, insurance, and maintenance, but I know you've got an itch to make the switch - V8!!!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OP, it really comes down to what your looking for and how much your willing to spend. People always say if you can afford it, get the 5.0. It's not always about if one can afford something. It's about are your willing to pay a certain price for the product regardless if you can afford it. I could of afforded a 5.0 but I wasn't willing to spend the extra 7,500 dollars for it so I got my 3.7. Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they will buy it. I can afford to buy a gallon of milk if you charge me 20 dollars for it. I'm not going to pay 20 dollars but I can afford the 20 dollars if I wanted to. There is a difference. OP you need to figure out what your looking for in a performance car. Not everybody needs or wants 420 hp too make them happy. Not everybody in the world cares about doing 0-60 in 4.4 seconds or adding boost to 600 rwhp on stock internals.

Some people just want great looking mustang that has better than average pickup and can haul A$$ when merging. Matter of fact people on these forums are in the minority and majority consumers couldn't give a rats a$$ about 420 HP. They want to turn the key, there ***** turns on and they look good in the awesome pony.
All true except for the rats a$$ comment. Everyone gives a rats a$$... Some will give big ol rats a$$ while others may give a really really small hobbit sized rats a$$.

But everyone gives an a$$ of some dimension cuz 420hp is like $1million dollars. You don't need $1million. You won't use $1million maybe. But 99.9% would rather have their bank accounts padded with $1million than not

Just saying. But I agree with my buddy Kona all the way up to the rats a$$ comment lol.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
It's not about this, it's about that.... I coulda had but I didn't. I used to have but I don't now. I've caved in because I don't need this and I've justified it and yer a jerk for saying otherwise. Stop poking at me dammit I'm happy with what I have. You're not going to convince me otherwise, and even if you do plant the seed it's too late now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Really'
How many STOCK american made cars are running 12.5 on street tires
ill even include cars from the 60's and 70's ?
Not a 2010 Gt which now that I think about it. Doesn't that have a V8?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Kona don't lie you secretly wannabe a V8 Baby!!! Bwahahaha

You save on gas money, insurance, and maintenance, but I know you've got an itch to make the switch - V8!!!

I definitely wouldn't mind more HP as many of us forum enthusiasts do. A 5.0 would be great. I just don't want to pay 5.0 prices. Ha ha ha. Performance cars, HP and more power is chasing the end if the rainbow. Its never enough! Everybody wants more. Give me more, feed me more, buy me more, more more more.

Its a thirst that can never be quenched. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and enjoy what you got. Then you can watch all the other mustang enthusiasts chase the end if the rainbow and never ever get there.

Those people are too busy making there car a garage queen or have 9000 HP with 65 pounds boost and then wonder why their ***** is mostly broke and can never enjoy there ride.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not a 2010 Gt which now that I think about it. Doesn't that have a V8?

Yea 'and doesnt have a 5.0
which has the Street cred I was referring too
2011+ Stangs are highly respected down here by 100's of Camaro and Challenger owners.

Whats gonna happen when the 300hp, 300 lbs lighter 2015 4 cylinder walks on any stock V6 mustang and gets better gas mileage doing it.

Only the 5.0's will be standing as the top dog on the streets
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea 'and doesnt have a 5.0
which has the Street cred I was referring too
2011+ Stangs are highly respected down here by 100's of Camaro and Challenger owners.

Whats gonna happen when the 300hp, 300 lbs lighter 2015 4 cylinder walks on any stock V6 mustang and gets better gas mileage doing it.

Only the 5.0's will be standing as the top dog on the streets
Only top dog until it goes onto another street where a Gt500 is and then your 5.0 is its b otch. There is always someone who has better and faster out there. That's life. That 4 banger turbo is going to be awesome and its gonna be whooping some serious a$$ and not just 3.7"s. Even the big Gt boys 2010 and under.

Besides, us V6 fan boys don't share the huge ego's as many V8 fan boys do. I say bring on the 4 banger turbo and I welcome it.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only top dog until it goes onto another street where a Gt500 is and then your 5.0 is its b otch. There is always someone who has better and faster out there. That's life. That 4 banger turbo is going to be awesome and its gonna be whooping some serious a$$ and not just 3.7"s. Even the big Gt boys 2010 and under.

Besides, us V6 fan boys don't share the huge ego's as many V8 fan boys do. I say bring on the 4 banger turbo and I welcome it.

Dude its frickin 230 am. Iam at work
What the hell are you doing up ?

Yes the 4 cylinder Mustang is gonna be a kick *** combo that will whoop a V6 stang ~~~~~
and then you will be begging for a 5.0

Its not about ego
its about Facts ~~~~~

Your V6 is already a dinosaur according to Ford
But NO 4 cylinder Mustang is gonna beat a 5.0
Call it ego or whatever !

I call it Peace of mind
Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #69
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

How is the V6 a dinosaur according to Ford when they've decided to keep it for the redesigned Mustang? Not many of your comments have any credibility so far.

Sent from the future.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How is the V6 a dinosaur according to Ford when they've decided to keep it for the redesigned Mustang? Not many of your comments have any credibility so far.

Sent from the future.

Heres some credibility for ya

Ford would NOT attempt any overseas sales on the Mustang till the Eco boost 4 cylinder would be available.
The V6 Mustang is not a technically advanced engine for the euro consumer who are favoring 4 cam, 4 cylinder with direct injection motors that are much lighter then the current V6 Fords

Your V6 wil not cut it in the current world of fuel efficient, light weight high HP engines
that Europe is demanding because of their $7 to $8 dollar gas prices.

Over there its a Dinosaur ,which is why Ford now offers the Eco boost for the overseas market $$$$$
The sales of 4 cylinders to the V6 will be a land slide !!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT