decision time V-6 OR V-8.....?? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 AM   #71
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I'm sorry TrackPak but I've honestly stopped reading your posts. I just can't see past all the excessive smilies, !, $, and ~.

To the OP, don't let us be the ones to decide the vehicle you'll be driving. I suggest you take plenty of test drives, research the different models (all of the info is readily available), and make your choice. Pick what feels right to you. Above all else, take your time in making your decision. Don't rush into it.

Sent from the future.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Shoot I'm hungry reading all this lol. I need a 305HP pizza delivered to my house! **** its 3am nvm lol.

All jokes aside I ran up against a V6 a few months ago. I beat it but not as much as I thought. So whatever the case I have respect for them 6 banged *****es. We stopped at 7-11 and talked a bit. Cool guy can't remember his name tho lol

So ya see its not about what's under the hood sometimes. It's about the character of the person behind the wheel.

Bottom Line: Respect [*****esses]
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I think I've seen enough, "it's not about blah, it's about blah blah" to make me pukey

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

@Trackpack. Did you get beat by a v6 bud?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
decision time V-6 OR V-8.....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
Dude its frickin 230 am. Iam at work
What the hell are you doing up ?

Yes the 4 cylinder Mustang is gonna be a kick *** combo that will whoop a V6 stang ~~~~~
and then you will be begging for a 5.0

Its not about ego
its about Facts ~~~~~

Your V6 is already a dinosaur according to Ford
But NO 4 cylinder Mustang is gonna beat a 5.0
Call it ego or whatever !

I call it Peace of mind

I would love to meet you and my six against your wannabe Boss GT track pack where you would probably win then we could race in my GT500 where I'm sure you would lose! Bottom line is there's always someone with something better than yours. There is no reason to slam any model as you don't even have the king of the streets as you like to imply. You like your 5.0, ok got it, that's great there's no need to try and slam the V6.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Honestly TrackPak you talk about street cred like you're the kid with the coolest tricycle on the cul de sac. To grown ups, cars aren't about you looking like the biggest douc...I mean the guy with the most street cred. We are having a grown up conversation right now.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:

Whats gonna happen when the 300hp, 300 lbs lighter 2015 4 cylinder walks on any stock V6 mustang and gets better gas mileage doing it.
One of my co-workers just lost to a new V6 Camry in his '14 base V6 on the highway.

That scenario is why I wanted a GT.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
V8
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

My 2 cents to the OP, test drive be patient and take the time to figure out what you really want! I just bought 2010 GT with the 3V, while some might knock it and my decision im completely satisfied! I love the sound, enough power, and the 4.6 has been around awhile now, tried and true. Ive seen 6 cylinder turbo setups that are just nasty. Ultimately its about what YOU want

Sent from my C811 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Whichever you decide, make sure you order the Premium Model. That will make it easier to sell on the long run.

I choose the V6, didn't want to spend the extra money on something I won't be racing on the strip or the street. Something nice to go down the road with some tunes and the cruise control.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Honestly wish I had a 2011+ v6 for daily and gt500 for track but cannot afford 2 cars and had a lucky trade in where I worked so got an outstanding deal on a GT/CS. no regrets. I did test drive a v6. Got some serious balls for what it is. Great respect for the v6. Choose what floats your boat. I wanted the CS for at least the cosmetics. I have a fair amount of knowledge about working on cars so I'll do the rest myself. Honestly If I just wanted something to cruise around in while looking good and still have some oomph to it. V6 is not a bad choice by any means. Best of luck. The 2015's are here/coming so you might actually get some steal deals for the 14's. worth a shot.

"You might think that's not cricket, and it's not, it's motor racing"

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"
gdcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Shoot I'm hungry reading all this lol. I need a 305HP pizza delivered to my house! **** its 3am nvm lol.

All jokes aside I ran up against a V6 a few months ago. I beat it but not as much as I thought. So whatever the case I have respect for them 6 banged *****es. We stopped at 7-11 and talked a bit. Cool guy can't remember his name tho lol

So ya see its not about what's under the hood sometimes. It's about the character of the person behind the wheel.

Bottom Line: Respect [*****esses]

This is true. Ive gone against a few 5.0s and i have kept up pretty well most of them have given me a thumbs up but like 2 or 3 have just flipped me off and have been complete d###s. Specially a supercharged red stang that i tend to see around all the time every time i see him i give him a thumbs up and all he does is mad dog me and rev up his loud 5.0 at me 😢
He once stopped at the same gas station as me and started revving his car up while i was filling gas up and he got in trouble and yelled at by a bunch of people lol
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
decision time V-6 OR V-8.....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
This is true. Ive gone against a few 5.0s and i have kept up pretty well most of them have given me a thumbs up but like 2 or 3 have just flipped me off and have been complete d###s. Specially a supercharged red stang that i tend to see around all the time every time i see him i give him a thumbs up and all he does is mad dog me and rev up his loud 5.0 at me 😢
He once stopped at the same gas station as me and started revving his car up while i was filling gas up and he got in trouble and yelled at by a bunch of people lol

What a dou.che
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
What a dou.che

Yeah i big ****** lol
Ohh well though some people are just TOO confident...
Old 04-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Next time you see the red SC Mustang hold up your thumb and pointing finger and tell him you think his Mustang is dope it really does a fuking good job of compensating for his inadequacies.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Next time you see the red SC Mustang hold up your thumb and pointing finger and tell him you think his Mustang is dope it really does a fuking good job of compensating for his inadequacies.

I have ! Ive told him "hey your stang is sick bro" all he did was look at me and leave me in the dust
Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have ! Ive told him "hey your stang is sick bro" all he did was look at me and leave me in the dust
Yes but did you tell him he still has a small penis?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I will admit there is a few people I know that won't give the time of day to a v6 mustang. Its just how it is. Just keep on going on

Old 04-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes but did you tell him he still has a small penis?

No he doesnt even have that he has a vag@@@@ lol
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will admit there is a few people I know that won't give the time of day to a v6 mustang. Its just how it is. Just keep on going on

Yeah thats true but thats just people who cant see in front of their noses mostly because of their ego. And its funny because what i always say is there ALWAYS going to be somebody faster and one time i saw him racing like an 01 camaro supercharged and unfortunately and sadly lost...well that must have REALLY hurt him
Either way i appreciate and love ALL mustangs wether its a V6 or V8 or V8 supercharged or turboed theyre all nice and deserve their own credit
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
One of my co-workers just lost to a new V6 Camry in his '14 base V6 on the highway.

That scenario is why I wanted a GT.

There's no way. The Mustang has a faster quarter mile and 0-60, more horsepower, and more torque. What magical pixie dust was that Camry running on? Or what's wrong with your friend's Mustang. 2.73 gears? Cause I know a Camry isn't touching me with my 3.31s.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
There's no way. The Mustang has a faster quarter mile and 0-60, more horsepower, and more torque. What magical pixie dust was that Camry running on? Or what's wrong with your friend's Mustang. 2.73 gears? Cause I know a Camry isn't touching me with my 3.31s.
Even with 2.73 he shouldn't lose to a Camry but anything off a track is hard to tell what was really going on. Maybe his friend is not that good of a driver.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Even with 2.73 he should lose to a Camry but anything off a track is hard to tell what was really going on. Maybe his friend is not that good of a driver.

You mean shouldn't lose? Lol
Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Heres some credibility for ya

Ford would NOT attempt any overseas sales on the Mustang till the Eco boost 4 cylinder would be available.
The V6 Mustang is not a technically advanced engine for the euro consumer who are favoring 4 cam, 4 cylinder with direct injection motors that are much lighter then the current V6 Fords

Your V6 wil not cut it in the current world of fuel efficient, light weight high HP engines
that Europe is demanding because of their $7 to $8 dollar gas prices.

Over there its a Dinosaur ,which is why Ford now offers the Eco boost for the overseas market $$$$$
The sales of 4 cylinders to the V6 will be a land slide !!!!
Thats why I'm proud to be an American
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

31mpg ftw
Old 04-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hey this is more fun then watching Hells Kitchen
sure a lot of Heat on this thread

May i remind all of you Mustang V6 owners that i traded in my MAZDA Speed 3
for my GT. And yes i drove the V6 stang FIRST. And My Mazda would run circles around the V6 Mustang in all departments.
So again getting a V6 and taking a $5000 trade in loss would of been pure stupidity: So it was GT or Bust.

And yea there are Shelby's that are faster, but not by much
My whole point is watch a Barret Jackson or Mecum auction and see the difference in value
that two identical Mustangs fetch, but one has a V6 and the other has a V8
No Contest $$

And lets be Honest here
if a GT Mustang, which mine with 373 gears is averaging 26mpg highway
cost the same price as a V6 and your only cost difference was the gas.
Which one would you own ?

Yea' I thought So
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey this is more fun then watching Hells Kitchen
sure a lot of Heat on this thread

May i remind all of you Mustang V6 owners that i traded in my MAZDA Speed 3
for my GT. And yes i drove the V6 stang FIRST. And My Mazda would run circles around the V6 Mustang in all departments.
So again getting a V6 and taking a $5000 trade in loss would of been pure stupidity: So it was GT or Bust.

And yea there are Shelby's that are faster, but not by much
My whole point is watch a Barret Jackson or Mecum auction and see the difference in value
that two identical Mustangs fetch but one has a V6 and the other has a V8
No Contest $$

And lets be Honest here
if The a GT Mustang, which mine with 373 gears is averaging 26mpg highway
cost the same price as a V6 and your only cost difference was the gas.
Which one would you own ?

Yea' I thought So
You must like popcorn. Btw I've owned 13 v8 stangs and 2 v6s from 1986-2014 in all flavors. So when I decided to trade in my 13 F150 supercrew 5.0 I bought what I was looking for. The lot was full of Gts, I opted to save myself the extra coin and purchased the big ole 6 banger. If you read around a little you don't see the v6 crew dogging down on the 5.0 cars. You post as if we're anti 5.0. It's just a stroke of the pen and I can be in one, but for now 3.7 is perfect for me.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Hey trackpack. Your car is probably stock I bet? Or just the basics. I know of a few v6's that will make you crtly

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

*cry

Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Hey trackpack. Your car is probably stock I bet? Or just the basics. I know of a few v6's that will make you crtly

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

*cry

I know a few Turbo Honda civics that will roast them
Whats the Point ?

After Driving BOTH The V6 and the 5.0
its the Total driving experience that Iam comparing
Torque, Sound, etc and the revving of an engine from a Camaro or Challenger coming to a complete stop !!!
When they see the 5.0 emblem. Its Hilarious
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whats the Point ?

Torque, Sound, etc and the revving of an engine from a Camaro or Challenger coming to a complete stop !!!
When they see the 5.0 emblem. Its Hilarious
The point is you talk all this crap, when you have a stock *** 5.0 I'm sure.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Whats the Point ?

Torque, Sound, etc and the revving of an engine of a Camaro or Challenger coming to a complete stop,
when they see the 5.0 emblem. Its Hilarious
Your completely missing the point. We get that the 5.0 was a better choice for you. And NOBODY in this thread ever said the V6's outperform the V8 or that the they cost the same (going back to your Barret Jackson reference). And while the 5.0's are amazing cars their full potential can't be used on the street as a daily driver. I realize this is the internet and everyone's a big shot but the fact is nobody can utilize the full performance of a 5.0 under normal daily driving conditions. So if your not going to race the car, whats the point of incurring the extra cost? To go around and brag that you have a car that makes 420 HP that you never use? Everyone use's there car for different things so its all up to the owner, but to knock people for buying a V6 and assume the only reason is because they cant afford a 5.0 is just plan ignorant.

And lets be Honest here
If a Ferarri can average 18 MPG highway and it costs the same price as a Mustang GT and the only cost difference was the gas, which one would you own? That is as ridiculous as your comparison because they don't cost the same and is a completely different car that servers a different purpose. If a V6 has enough power for someone to use for DD why would they pay more for power they would never use.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Your completely missing the point. We get that the 5.0 was a better choice for you. And NOBODY in this thread ever said the V6's outperform the V8 or that the they cost the same (going back to your Barret Jackson reference). And while the 5.0's are amazing cars their full potential can't be used on the street as a daily driver. I realize this is the internet and everyone's a big shot but the fact is nobody can utilize the full performance of a 5.0 under normal daily driving conditions. So if your not going to race the car, whats the point of incurring the extra cost? To go around and brag that you have a car that makes 420 HP that you never use? Everyone use's there car for different things so its all up to the owner, but to knock people for buying a V6 and assume the only reason is because they cant afford a 5.0 is just plan ignorant.

And lets be Honest here
If a Ferarri can average 18 MPG highway and it costs the same price as a Mustang GT and the only cost difference was the gas, which one would you own? That is as ridiculous as your comparison because they don't cost the same and is a completely different car that servers a different purpose. If a V6 has enough power for someone to use for DD why would they pay more for power they would never use.

Wow a real post' without the hooligan hater comments.

Actually that's not true about the cost difference $
I was offered a PREMIUM V6 Mustang loaded for around 33K with the performance package. But chose a Bare bones Base GT with the Recaros and trackpak for just about the same money

So my comments are valid
you could get a real powerhouse of a car if your willing to sacrifice some of the creature comforts that a Premium V6 brings.

And thats why i made the poser comment
Yea their nice Mustangs the V6 premiums

But their not
Hardcore street Mustangs.

I rather pay for Hardware then Software
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Old 04-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow a real post' without the hooligan hater comments.

Actually thats not true
I was offered a PREMIUM V6 Mustang loaded for around 33K with the performance package. But chose a Bare bones Base GT with the Recaros and trackpak for just about the same money

So my comments are valid
you could get a real powerhouse of a car if your willing to sacrifice some of the creature comforts that a Premium V6 brings.

And thats why i made the poser comment
Yea their nice Mustangs the V6 premiums

But their not
Hardcore street Mustangs.

I rather pay for Hardware then Software
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
You got hardware on your trade in
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

VERY TRUE
And believe me, Iam getting every ounce of that 420 HP just for that reason
and open it up everywhere i can
Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Track pack it's been fun, time for me to move on. Btw tell lieutenant kane I said high.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT