Data Log procedure - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Data Log procedure

The vehicle: 12 GT, Steeda Boss Manifold CAI SCT w Steeda tune package. Off-road X pipe, 3.73 gears, Barton shifter, lowered, Suspension upgrades, drag radials, etc

The issue: I'm on my 3rd tune from Steeda, and the problem is recurring while Steeda is suggesting I Data log to send them the file to check it out. My idle is not good and the car likes to stall especially when cold. I've done the whole re-learn idle procedure by pulling the battery cable off etc.
My first tune had the same endless bobble idle and finally they sent me a revision that fixed it BUT, I repeatedly got the P-219a code due to my O/R x pipe. So they sent the third tune which traded the P-219a code for the bobble idle stall again! Idle is like 600 -700 rpm, until it bobbles to like 400-shutters-and stalls if I don't keep revving it... Not cool !

The Log: What log! I have updated the firmware in the SCT tuner. I have downloaded the newest SCT software to the laptop. The laptop is 1 yr old, with updated Windows 7 O/S. I have read the SCT help section, watched some YouTube videos, and scoured the web. I also e-mailed Steeda and they told me I was doing it wrong, which I know... I am to the point where I am Start Datalog in Live Link, I select the PIDs, I set the tuner to start Data log but the tuner screen says no PIDs selected. Well, I thought that was done on the laptop and furthermore, the other options on the tuner lead me to think the tuner might need "configuration", but hell, I don't know!

In some of what I've read, your Tuning company can send you a configuration file to use instead of selecting the PIDs. Steeda doesn't do that apparently and I'm not getting a lot of help that direction. I read this is how AED does the config file and really helps their customers and his customer service is apparently excellent. I have thought maybe I should pony up to give him a try but I am too stubborn to give up yet

If anyone has actual Datalog experience or any useful comments, I could sure use some help guys!

Thanks in advance for your help
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You need to go to sct website and download, http://sctflash.com/LiveLink.php. You download from there and save the files to email to them. GL
GrayGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for posting the link. That is exactly where I went and I already have the most up to date software, the Live Link Gen II.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah so you data log with that software on your laptop, it'll guide you thru, you need to hook up the tuner to the car and to the laptop, than follow the inst on the laptop..it'll guide you thru.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Man, I appreciate the help, big time!
So once I get the SCT plugged into the OBD port, the USB to the laptop, and the laptop running using Live Link II, I click "Start Datalog". I select the PID's Steeda asked for. I have to use the higher packet data selection because that is needed for two of the items selected. I select start datalog on the SCT and Select Start datalog on the laptop and then the SCT screen says, "NO PIDs Selected".
What do I select on the SCT? I do not see the PID list on the SCT, just the laptop.
The SCT has a few selections under "Datalog" like "configure tuner".
I have uploaded tunes a few times and I also just downloaded the latest FIRMWARE to the tuner, so that should not need further updating.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You don't use your tuner for anything but a comm line to From the PC, you data log on your lap pot itself with the software, it'll guide you thru, it's simple, you choose select and PIDS and than data log when your ready, you hit start and stop when your done. Than save log file to your laptop, I made a folder on my home screen and saved it to there.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That is consistent with what I've done so far however, after hitting Start Datalog in Live Link, about 40-50 seconds later, it popped up a window and said nothing being logged. I looked at the SCT and I had the screen for start datalog up.
Question, I realize the SCT is just a comm device between the laptop and the car but what screen should I have up, on the SCT or does it not matter at all? I suspect the status of the SCT might be the thing that is roadblocking me now because I'm seemingly doing everything you stated which is also in line with everything I've read and heard elsewhere as well.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It shouldn't be on datalog screen it should be on the regular screen with the cars on it. It's probably trying to data log of you have it on the datalog screen so it's bypassing the laptop
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here is non Steeda video from youtube.com that may be able to help you out with your session.

The data log session will allow us to see if there is a certain parameter that needs adjusting based on the feedback.

Send me an email to tim@steeda.com if you are still having issues.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks TJ!
I actually watched that video twice this morning. I'm going to give it another try to ugly after work...
The main difference, not sure if it matters or not, but Gus at Steeda doesn't give you a config file to use, he sends you the info and you have to configure the parameters yourself. That parts takes a few minutes, no big deal, but if it fails then it does not save so I have had to try to reconfigure it as many times as I've tried to Datalog it, and failed. I think the config file would be helpful...
Ill let you know how it goes tonight!
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Success! I finally was successful with the data log procedure! The video TJ attached was helpful. The other suggestions you guys offered were also helpful!
I was over-thinking the operation by putting the SCT tuner in data log mode along with the laptop, which caused a conflict. You also have to get everything hooked up first, then turn on Live Link, or else it won't recognize it.
I saved the file to my laptop.
Then I watched the 12 minutes of data in Live Link, interesting!
I attached the file and sent it to Steeda along with some notes about my burble idle/occasional stall issue and an occasional flat spot around 3-4500 rpm so it will be interesting to see how the new tune changes?
I will report back so we can all learn something!
I want to thank you guys on the forum because no matter how much you know, you never know it all and its great when someone can help provide an answer to your question!
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Thanks for sharing.
2013 Green GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT