GT Track Key Available - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
Awesome my GT was built after that date , will this void my warrantee ??
Reduces it to 3 years/36K miles for your powertrain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Cool thx I will give my service writer a call and set up a apt to get this done
dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Dentman, it does not reduce your warranty down to 3/36, (per Ford), as long as it is installed at a Ford dealership. Your original stays intact, unless an engine failure occurs and they can prove it was caused by the Track Key software, then the 3/36 goes into effect. You can call Ford Racing and talk to Ray for verification, he is the head of the program. PM me if you want his direct #.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool I will do that
Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Track Key

Any updates or video clips for users?
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
*UPDATE*
Well I've been driving the car for the past few days and I really like it so for. First of all I love the lopey idle. It shakes the whole car and it sounds really good with the GT500 mufflers. Driving wise I really like it also. There is a definite seat of the pants increase. You can tell that 60lbs/ft of torque at 1500 rpms. It definitely has more low end grunt. Also a difference is the deceleration. Before it felt like the car had no decleration when down shifting. Now in all gears you can feel it and even in 6th gear. I haven't messed with the launch control yet. I've set it and gone through the motions to do it but I haven't actually done it yet. Overall I really like it. It came with a K&N filter, which I already had, and sold it to a friend of mine so that saved me some money on it. I would definitely get it again, you cant beat the performance gains, the launch control and the lopey idle.

Here a link to the idle again.

2014 Mustang GT with track key: http://youtu.be/0bTzK_yFVR8
gt5.0nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Sounds nice! I'm getting mine installed on Wednesday. How long did it take the dealer to do the install?
How did your install go?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Track Key install

GT5, It was quite the event at the dealership. Apparently they didn't have a high speed internet connection to do the install, just an old T1 line. After every attempt to install and upload the program, it would fail just before it finished because their connection would time-out.(at least that's what they told me). Laughable in this day and age. After 6 attempts and 3 hours later, I was ready to bail and go to another dealership when the receptionist says to the svc mgr... "Why don't you try it on my iPhone? It has a 4g connection here". They tried it, and 20 minutes later I was down the road. You should have seen the look of embarrassment on the dealership owner's face. Priceless! After all the time wasted, they only charged me $75 in total, and a free oil change when it's due. Wait until they realize the car takes 8.5 quarts of 5W50 full synthetic. I'll post up my thoughts on the performance differences after I've had some time behind the wheel.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Track Key

Going to give it a try and see how I like it since I am 100% stock except suspension and shifter upgrades. Except Roush Axlebacks.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradone View Post
Going to give it a try and see how I like it since I am 100% stock except suspension and shifter upgrades. Except Roush Axlebacks.

Let me know how your experience is with it. The check engine light keeps coming on every 3 days or so. I'd like to know if my car is the only one having this problem or not.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5.0nc View Post
Let me know how your experience is with it. The check engine light keeps coming on every 3 days or so. I'd like to know if my car is the only one having this problem or not.
I will let you know I am scheduled for Friday at 1pm.
Also note:
Note: As stated in the Trackey Dealer paperwork, customers that experience persistent low rpm "pinging" are encouraged to use a passenger side aftermarket oil separator/catch can. The pinging has been replicated and diagnosed to be caused by pressurized crankcase oil vapors that lower the incoming fuel mixture's octane value. The catch can will eliminate those vapors and will not affect the Ford Racing 3/36 warranty.
Could be your engine light issue as you may not always hear the pinging over exhaust volume mine (to me) is loud as crap.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have gt500 exhaust and track key in my cart. Haven't pressed the confirm order key yet. Still not sure about the track key yet. Leaning towards though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
pss3286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Track key Results

Track Key 2014 GT
Old 06-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Too bad. Bought my car in March 2013... missed the boat on this.
slonison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post
Too bad. Bought my car in March 2013... missed the boat on this.
You still can have the same tune loaded just have to use a procal tuner.
$399 from buyfordracing mine has been great
AcmeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRocket View Post
You still can have the same tune loaded just have to use a procal tuner.
$399 from buyfordracing mine has been great
Is that 399$ incremental to the cost? Or is it in place of something else?

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #52

Region: Florida
Ordered mine on Wednesday. Will get here on Tuesday by Fedex. FYI, for those of you who are interested in the track key Tasca Parts has it much cheaper. 330.00 plus shipping. Mine came out to $342 shipped. Here is a link of how bad *** it sounds- 2014 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing with Flowmaster Out Law - YouTube
OneBadGtCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

That thing sounds mean !!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Did you notice any horse power gains ??

Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Track Key

I posted some videos here the sound is not loud had lint in my mic come to find out so I will make more

Track Key 2014 GT

You can feel the low end torque in the seat or "by the seat of your pants" but not setting the world on fire but it is kinda cool to have
Old 07-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt5.0nc View Post
You are not alone it is a known issue they are working for a software update to remedy that, you can reset it by unhooking the - side of battery for 15 min or with a scan tool. I talked to Ford Racing and they hope to have it nailed down soon. Again I love the sound and idle and in cooler weather it seems to be more aggressive sounding maybe its just my imagination
Old 07-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are not alone it is a known issue they are working for a software update to remedy that, you can reset it by unhooking the - side of battery for 15 min or with a scan tool. I talked to Ford Racing and they hope to have it nailed down soon. Again I love the sound and idle and in cooler weather it seems to be more aggressive sounding maybe its just my imagination
I appreciate the update. Please let me know if you hear anything else. Or when they release the software update.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #59

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #60

Region: California
Enjoying my Track Cal as I have an early 2014 Brembo GT and can't get the key. No harm, no foul, I kindof like having the tuner. I drove all through the Sierra/Nevada mountains in Northern California and Lake Tahoe for the majority of last weekend, burned through 3-4 tanks of fuel while still getting over 20MPG like I did before. It did obtain a check engine light with the Cat Efficiency codes on day 1, cleared them and they have not come back after 2 days and 2-3 tanks of gas. The car performs much better in all aspects, especially engine braking and throttle response. My only complaint is how long it takes for the lopey idle to activate. I also noticed if you "nearly stall" the car with the clutch as I did today on my way into the garage, it WILL shut off the lopey idle and require you to wait the 130 seconds before it kicks back in. There must be a minimum rpm requirement, or it must have thought I actually stalled the car. I'm sure this tune will have a few bugs and in my case I have plenty of warranty left to deal with it since I'm at 6k miles. I would think Ford Racing will eventually patch any issues if part failures arise, or if severe drivability issues come up. So far a few codes and no other issues and I'm definitely happy. I have not yet tried the launch control or pit speed limiter.
bwkelley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I would think Ford Racing will eventually patch any issues if part failures arise, or if severe drivability issues come up. So far a few codes and no other issues and I'm definitely happy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saving me $50 today. I win. Again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #62

How are you getting 20mpg??? I am averaging about 13-15 but in city. Going to have to start a thread on this. I didn't think that my 2014 Gt/Cs would be so thirsty. Just got it 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwkelley76 View Post
Enjoying my Track Cal as I have an early 2014 Brembo GT and can't get the key. No harm, no foul, I kindof like having the tuner. I drove all through the Sierra/Nevada mountains in Northern California and Lake Tahoe for the majority of last weekend, burned through 3-4 tanks of fuel while still getting over 20MPG like I did before. It did obtain a check engine light with the Cat Efficiency codes on day 1, cleared them and they have not come back after 2 days and 2-3 tanks of gas. The car performs much better in all aspects, especially engine braking and throttle response. My only complaint is how long it takes for the lopey idle to activate. I also noticed if you "nearly stall" the car with the clutch as I did today on my way into the garage, it WILL shut off the lopey idle and require you to wait the 130 seconds before it kicks back in. There must be a minimum rpm requirement, or it must have thought I actually stalled the car. I'm sure this tune will have a few bugs and in my case I have plenty of warranty left to deal with it since I'm at 6k miles. I would think Ford Racing will eventually patch any issues if part failures arise, or if severe drivability issues come up. So far a few codes and no other issues and I'm definitely happy. I have not yet tried the launch control or pit speed limiter.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is that 399$ incremental to the cost? Or is it in place of something else?

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Not exactly sure what you are asking but.
$399 is for everything
The procal tuner
The tune
The k&n filter
And shipping

From buyfordracing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs View Post
How are you getting 20mpg??? I am averaging about 13-15 but in city. Going to have to start a thread on this. I didn't think that my 2014 Gt/Cs would be so thirsty. Just got it 2 weeks ago.
I'm getting about the same. If I let it lopey idle for people to hear it, it kills the MPG. First week was about 13 MPG and last week was almost 16 MPG.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRocket View Post
Not exactly sure what you are asking but.
$399 is for everything
The procal tuner
The tune
The k&n filter
And shipping

From buyfordracing

This along with the post further up explained everything for me. It would have to be through a tune for the earlier years. Cannot be done with the key. Not too keen on having to load and reloan tunes, especially if I want to drive one way to work on the lope tune and drive back home on the stock tune.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
subscribing for updates
Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Can someone verify for me that you can turn certain things on and off at start time by holding a button in?

I saw a post on another forum the guy said you could turn the loop idle on and off at start time.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This along with the post further up explained everything for me. It would have to be through a tune for the earlier years. Cannot be done with the key. Not too keen on having to load and reloan tunes, especially if I want to drive one way to work on the lope tune and drive back home on the stock tune.
Just to clarify you can drive to work with the performance tune and lope tune enabled.
Then on the way home instead of having to have another key etc simply hold the off button on steering wheel while starting for 5 seconds and the lopey idle is disabled.

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Can someone verify for me that you can turn certain things on and off at start time by holding a button in?

I saw a post on another forum the guy said you could turn the loop idle on and off at start time.

Art
Probably my post
Think I was the first or first few guinea pigs to install this tune on a 13
Its a great tune.
Lopey idle is standard if you don't like it simply hold down off button on cruise control (pretty sure that's the button) while starting
Bingo no lopey idle till next start.
Also set the launch control once and it stays there. Simple to adjust using the cruise buttons with car running stopped foot on brake you can adjust the tach needle to what rpm you want.
I tried 3000
Put car in 1st gear push clutch in hold gas pedal to floor or half way etc rpms stay at 3000 just like a 2 step
Of course 3000 rpm even half throttle equals lots of wheel spin
For $399 shipped with k&n filter it's an awesome tune that keeps your warranty Intact.

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Software Update

I received a overnight package today from Ford Racing consisting of a Pro Cal tool and cable and card with software for the needed update with Track Key and it has detailed instructions to do so. They even let you keep the tuner (not a bad deal) so if any of you bought the Track key and had it dealer installed and need the update you should receive the same I am guessing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT